Blade Buster (FC) Amazing new doujin caravan game

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
z0mbie90

Re: Blade Buster (FC) Amazing new doujin caravan game

Post by z0mbie90 »

astroid wrote: Tell me please title of the game on white cartridge :oops:
Titan Warriors,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOo_tm_Z ... re=related
astroid

Post by astroid »

thanks a lot! I just cant read the logo... Game unreleased, so I missed it. Currently playing Blade Buster - its unbelieveble good! I changed Crimzon Clover on it.:) my score is 385.900 for now.

Is there are any replays from yours 400k+ 2min runs? I think, I destroys everything I can, but my score stops at mark 385k... Can you help me to find secret bonus moments, like "sametime destroy" symmetrical objects?
ImageImageImage
Krimzon Kitzune

Post by Krimzon Kitzune »

Last edited by Krimzon Kitzune on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
".... that would be rubbish."
heavystylus

Post by heavystylus »

Hi there - can anyone please help me find the famicom label/sticker for this (used in the photos)?

Thanks!
JGcontraman

Post by JGcontraman »

This is pretty damn good for an NES shmup. Is it gona be on an official cartridge?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw a post of it. Pretty good anyway.
Dragon1952

Post by Dragon1952 »

I have the Blade Buster label, send me your email.
"wax on...wax off!"
antron

Post by antron »

Dragon1952 wrote:I have the Blade Buster label, send me your email.
NES of Famicom?
Dragon1952

Post by Dragon1952 »

Famicom only...
"wax on...wax off!"
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yeah, it'd cool if such a proper NES cart of BB were produced -- extra bonus points if a crystal clear NES repro gamecart shell was used in lieu of the more traditional solid gray-colored NES carts. Might take a bit of Photoshop magic to get the BB artwork resized so that it fits properly on a NES cart shell. A full-color printed instruction manual booklet + full color NES BB factory box for completeness, would definitely be ace in my book.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Bump; there seems to be a new version of Blade Buster for download (the zip file is titled 20120301). I gave it a quick run on 5 Minute Mode but don't see anything different. Anyone know what's up?

http://hlc6502.web.fc2.com/Bbuster.htm
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
PC Engine Fan X!

Thanks CStarFlare,

I'll give this a spin on my Dingoo 320A handheld & see what new changes were implemented.

It's sure be nice to have a dedicated NES cart of both the old & new versions of BB to play for posterity. Is it possible to have both versions on a single Famicom or NES game cart?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
mrsmiley381

Post by mrsmiley381 »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:It's sure be nice to have a dedicated NES cart of both the old & new versions of BB to play for posterity. Is it possible to have both versions on a single Famicom or NES game cart?
Someone managed to make their own Super Mario All-Stars using bank switching craziness, I think, so it might be possible.
Why is it called the Vic Viper/Warp Rattler? Because the Options trail behind it in a serpent-like fashion, and the iconic front fins are designed to invoke the image of a snake's fangs.
astroid

Post by astroid »

For this time I see only the new intro string. Who can translate it? BTW rom last modification date 11.03.11 instead 01.03.12/
ImageImageImage
astroid

Post by astroid »

Seems that they make some score mechanics changes. Try to play same route on both versions and you gather different amount of pts))
ImageImageImage
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Yeah, it'd cool if such a proper NES cart of BB were produced -- extra bonus points if a crystal clear NES repro gamecart shell was used in lieu of the more traditional solid gray-colored NES carts. Might take a bit of Photoshop magic to get the BB artwork resized so that it fits properly on a NES cart shell. A full-color printed instruction manual booklet + full color NES BB factory box for completeness, would definitely be ace in my book.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
I've shot the guy a message before but never heard back. I don't want to step on toes- but I've been wanting to do one like the Recca one since I first heard about the game. It's so grey area here on the website- I was always under the assumption that no repro/homebrew carts were to be sold and such, but perhaps I got the rules wrong.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
mrsmiley381

Post by mrsmiley381 »

Battlesmurf wrote:
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Yeah, it'd cool if such a proper NES cart of BB were produced -- extra bonus points if a crystal clear NES repro gamecart shell was used in lieu of the more traditional solid gray-colored NES carts. Might take a bit of Photoshop magic to get the BB artwork resized so that it fits properly on a NES cart shell. A full-color printed instruction manual booklet + full color NES BB factory box for completeness, would definitely be ace in my book.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
I've shot the guy a message before but never heard back. I don't want to step on toes- but I've been wanting to do one like the Recca one since I first heard about the game. It's so grey area here on the website- I was always under the assumption that no repro/homebrew carts were to be sold and such, but perhaps I got the rules wrong.
Well, even Ghegs posted this:
Ghegs wrote:Thanks to the very skillful RGB I now have a beautiful, working, score-saving Blade Buster Famicom cart:

ImageImage
(click for bigger)

It is quite awesome. And it seems the creator of the game has no issues with people putting the game into a cart, as there's some discussion going on about it in his site's guestbook.

Now I can properly start aiming for 500k in 2min mode.
So are we going to figure out how to make a cart that switched between ROM versions or what? I'm all for it, personally. It depends on the ROM size, according to this nifty how-to guide. Can't say it would look good in a transparent shell, but I guess that decision would come later regardless.
Why is it called the Vic Viper/Warp Rattler? Because the Options trail behind it in a serpent-like fashion, and the iconic front fins are designed to invoke the image of a snake's fangs.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I'm pretty sure the last paragraph on the game's page is about how to make a proper cart label, so I'm guessing repros are cool with him.
Seems that they make some score mechanics changes. Try to play same route on both versions and you gather different amount of pts))
Damn. Was hoping it added another course or something of the sort. Thanks for taking the time to check it out though!
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
PC Engine Fan X!

To ressurect this old thread about the slick Blade Buster homebrew stg, I finally got a NES repro of it and fired it up. Wow, it sure runs great on the NES or nes clone consoles nowadays. I've noticed that the default autofire is perfectly fine when trying to go for the highest score runs with both the 2 min & 5 min score attack runs (compared to using a 1st-party or 3rd-party nes controller with autofire cranked up to the max).

I managed to score 436,900 pts. on 2 min score attack on 9/19/22 using the built-in auto fire that BB gives the player.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~