[TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Kollision

Re: [TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

Post by Kollision »

Tigershark wrote:I don't care if my CD loses value. I didn't buy it for that

i got it for da game damit :lol:

Post by Avatar Ignis »

Awesome to hear. Wasn't this and another new treasure shooter suppose to be out on XBLA but was stopped due to some microsoft bull?
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

will be nice to be able to play the game. RS has some of my favorite music in all of shmups
bcass

Post by bcass »

Avatar Ignis wrote:Awesome to hear. Wasn't this and another new treasure shooter suppose to be out on XBLA but was stopped due to some microsoft bull?
Quite the opposite actually. Microsoft asked Treasure to do the conversion.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Skykid wrote:
CStarFlare wrote:
Radiant Silvergun looks pretty tragic, 480 or not.
CStar, is you losing your mind? :|
Not a fan of early 3D
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

CStarFlare wrote:
Skykid wrote:
CStarFlare wrote:
Radiant Silvergun looks pretty tragic, 480 or not.
CStar, is you losing your mind? :|
Not a fan of early 3D
I hear you, but Silvergun is an incredible exception. It's a beauty and holds up pretty well imo.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

fogelmir

Post by fogelmir »

Please tresure, keep the same music. this is not the time for a remix.
Never Give Up, Never Continue!
lynchesque

Post by lynchesque »

Skykid wrote:I hear you, but Silvergun is an incredible exception. It's a beauty and holds up pretty well imo.
Definitely.
Drum
Banned User

Post by Drum »

New interview with Maegawa on 1up:

http://www.1up.com/news/treasure-radiant-silvergun-xbla
I was also interested to hear if Treasure had any plans to expand into the iPhone market -- after all, other Japanese studios like Cave have seen good success bringing some of their shoot-em-ups to that platform. Interestingly, Maegawa said absolutely not -- that while they've been approached by publishers several times to do titles on the iPhone, they have no plans to work on the platform. Why? Because, according to Maegawa, Treasure makes games that are designed to be played on gaming machines. And, he pointed to the audience -- he thinks people playing games on iPhone are a different audience than those the company typically caters to.
Take that, Cave, you fucking hacks.
IGMO - Poorly emulated, never beaten.

Hi-score thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34327
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Drum wrote:New interview with Maegawa on 1up:

I was also interested to hear if Treasure had any plans to expand into the iPhone market -- after all, other Japanese studios like Cave have seen good success bringing some of their shoot-em-ups to that platform. Interestingly, Maegawa said absolutely not -- that while they've been approached by publishers several times to do titles on the iPhone, they have no plans to work on the platform. Why? Because, according to Maegawa, Treasure makes games that are designed to be played on gaming machines. And, he pointed to the audience -- he thinks people playing games on iPhone are a different audience than those the company typically caters to.
Wow, just wow. Fucking TOLD.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

yeah
fuck inch-sized screens :twisted:
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

TOLD who though?

"well, we could make some profit but we don't want to be seen catering to this new cash rich download loving demographic!"

The two aren't the same thing and can be seperated. Look at the moan fest "DDP on Iphone" thread where almost everyone was moaning about how this was NOT where they wanted Cave to go. X weeks later, DDP for X360 gets announced. Just do both and make some money - ultimately that's what companies are there to do so ignoring what seems to be a growing and obvious revenue stream seems a bit daft.
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

Udderdude wrote:
Drum wrote:New interview with Maegawa on 1up:

Pretty sure Treasure just implied everyone who plays the iPhone ports are casual. Maegawa seems to believe enjoying either of these are mutually exclusive :roll:
Drum
Banned User

Post by Drum »

dcharlie wrote:
TOLD who though?

"well, we could make some profit but we don't want to be seen catering to this new cash rich download loving demographic!"

The two aren't the same thing and can be seperated. Look at the moan fest "DDP on Iphone" thread where almost everyone was moaning about how this was NOT where they wanted Cave to go. X weeks later, DDP for X360 gets announced. Just do both and make some money - ultimately that's what companies are there to do so ignoring what seems to be a growing and obvious revenue stream seems a bit daft.
If Treasure takes pride in their work and doesn't want to waste their very limited resources developing a game in a form that would drastically compromise what that game is about, they should be celebrated for it.
IGMO - Poorly emulated, never beaten.

Hi-score thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34327
afoia

Post by afoia »

Kollision wrote:yeah
The iphone just isnt designed for CAVE games, the touch screen controls are to sluggish for playing bullet hell shmups, when you need to have fast reactions and accuracy with your controls.
Then again if apple decided to ACTUALLY release a joystick addon for the iphone i would retract my opinion like there was no tomorrow.
harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n »

Why discuss a probable iPhone launch when this game (and Ikaruga) are clamouring for a PSN release :(
Eppur si muove...
njiska

Post by njiska »

harlequ1n wrote:Why discuss a probable iPhone launch when this game (and Ikaruga) are clamouring for a PSN release :(
Because it's cruel. And because I think that it's been well established that the PS3 and PSN are not really a home for shmups.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

i really hope for a practice mode with selectable stages portions (3-A, 3-B etc) and bosses with the opportunity to customize the level of the weapons for that specific part

the saturn port really turned me off with the stage select; to make two examples: in saturn mode if you have a save point and want to start on 3-A you have all weapons maxed out, and in arcade mode, if i want to practice xiga, i start with all the weapons at level 00, therefore impossible to defeat
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Drum wrote:If Treasure takes pride in their work and doesn't want to waste their very limited resources developing a game in a form that would drastically compromise what that game is about, they should be celebrated for it.
QFT.

Also, first Touhou related comment on the trailer.
Must... resist... facepalm...
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

njiska wrote:
harlequ1n wrote:Why discuss a probable iPhone launch when this game (and Ikaruga) are clamouring for a PSN release :(
Because it's cruel. And because I think that it's been well established that the PS3 and PSN are not really a home for shmups.
Yeah, the one they did get(RayStorm), the messed it up for everyone by demanding wide-screen. If they're gonna be like that, just keep 'em comin' to XBLA.
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

The iphone just isnt designed for CAVE games, the touch screen controls are to sluggish for playing bullet hell shmups, when you need to have fast reactions and accuracy with your controls
... have you actually tried any of the Cave Iphone/ipad efforts? nothing could be further from the truth in regards to the controls. It's a minor miracle the games play like they do.
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
Matsunaga

Post by Matsunaga »

Yay, another trash the iPhone thread. In other news, the upgraded graphics look great, I may be tempted to give RS another go.
“What did I had done!”
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Ebbo wrote:
Drum wrote:If Treasure takes pride in their work and doesn't want to waste their very limited resources developing a game in a form that would drastically compromise what that game is about, they should be celebrated for it.
QFT.

Also, first Touhou related comment on the trailer.
Must... resist... facepalm...
Right, because it would be silly to bring in a truckload of extra cash and therefore be able to expand those very limited resources.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

afoia wrote:
Kollision wrote:yeah
The iphone just isnt designed for CAVE games, the touch screen controls are to sluggish for playing bullet hell shmups, when you need to have fast reactions and accuracy with your controls.
Then again if apple decided to ACTUALLY release a joystick addon for the iphone i would retract my opinion like there was no tomorrow.
There may be legit reasons for not liking Caves iPhone games, but sluggish controls is certainly not one of them. If anything, they are more precise in terms of movement.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
bcass

Post by bcass »

Because nobody gives a flying fuck about the PS3, including me, who actually owns one.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Matsunaga wrote:Yay, another trash the iPhone thread.
Yay. → http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iWWf6KqIQw
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

brentsg wrote: Right, because it would be silly to bring in a truckload of extra cash and therefore be able to expand those very limited resources.
Yeah, but that's something I admire about Treasure: they aren't doing these things for a quick cash, even though it would be financially short-sighted. And when Maegawa talked about "limited resources" I think he referred to Treasure's rather small staff which is the way they've always been and probably will stay in the future as well.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

OMG! People arguing that a $10 iphone game isn't the same experience as a $1000 PCB. What genius' we have on this board. :roll:
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Dave_K. wrote:What genius' we have on this board. :roll:
Dave_K. wrote:What genius' we have
Dave_K. wrote:genius'
Awesome. (I agree with your point completely, but I couldn't help but laugh at that, sir.)
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
chempop

Post by chempop »

Treasure is just jealous that Cave made a small fortune off of DDP on iTunes.
They are being ignorant to think that 30K people who never play shmups saw DDP and thought "ohhh that looks interesting and unusual, sure $10 why not.."

Anyway, very happy about this announcement. Especially looking forward to new modes.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc