[TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Elixir

Re: [TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

Post by Elixir »

I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

I'm very curious to know how they're planning to make this game more accessible too... but that should guarantee Radiant Silvergun a spot on all the "top 10 hardest games EVER" lists soon :roll: Oh well, at least it should work a bit better than a Saturn emulator...
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Elixir wrote:Official screenshot: http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1900/up4844.jpg
Has a little bit of a smeary look going on. But i'm sure it'll look good overall.
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

at the internet elite rushing in with the usual "mi mi mi this game is overrated, treasure aren't clever" bollox as usual. Some new material for the lame please?

WORST CASE, game is very good. I don't give a flying frig if the game goes for $200 , or $500 - or $5100000 - game is enjoyable AT WORST. This whole idea that it's on par with having a tramp pish on your face is laughable wankery.
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
njiska

Post by njiska »

3 screenshots now on the much beguiled Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/5639325/radiant-silve ... 0/gallery/
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Skykid

Re: Raidant Silvergun, XBLA, Spring 2011

Post by Skykid »

I don't know why people would trade in their physical copy for the equivalent of a sexy mame rom.

Boxed w/instructions please.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

drauch

Post by drauch »

PsychoGun wrote:The most overrated game EVER.

I'll buy it, but I'd rather have Dangun Feveron.
Yeah, isn't that being released as well...?
dcharlie wrote: This whole idea that it's on par with having a tramp pish on your face is laughable wankery.
New favorite quote ever.

Regardless, the screens look fantastic. It's a great game and I'm pumped to finally own an affordable copy.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
sirmax

Post by sirmax »

I just came. Finally a opportunity to play RS.
junkeR

Post by junkeR »

This sure is neat news, though I preferred Ikaruga. I'm really excited for Bangai-O HD.
njiska

Re: Raidant Silvergun, XBLA, Spring 2011

Post by njiska »

Skykid wrote:I don't know why people would trade in their physical copy for the equivalent of a sexy mame rom.

Boxed w/instructions please.
Because they think they can make money on it. Which is perfectly fine by me. The more flooded the market becomes with physical copies, the more likely I'll be able to afford it.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Wow. Great news. I wanted to play this. Thank you Treasure and Microsoft. Xbox 360 rocks.
Last edited by Alfred on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamertag: Alfred Saxon
Arcade: ENG
gray117

Post by gray117 »

xris wrote:I wonder how long MS hounded Treasure for this. It only took 4 years for the official announcement.
Quite the reverse this time around; Treasure were happy for this to stay dormant... until they took a bath on s&p2... I rather suspect they came back to this deal with, shall we say, a fresh perspective?

Having said that; its a good idea :) I'd love a retro/original view option, not sure they'll bother. I think that a yoko screen will play in its favour, if it gains some popular traction.

I don't know how a wider audience will receive it's play style and level structure(s). However, I am glad its on xbla - a physical collectors option could be cool - But I feel dl is definitely a good fit for most people.

The real test, as you say, will be if they're hoping to follow this up with more 'rs project' games.

Are we cashing in, or are we re-booting a franchise with future plans?

... I wonder if many western gamers even know who treasure is? Rebooting this, a sale on ikaruga and gunstar ... it might do wonders for their profile...?
Van_Artic

Post by Van_Artic »

fuck yeah, just what i needed :D
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

The best news in recent times!
But I have few questions:
- Will it be based on arcade or home version?
- Will I be able to download it with Ukrainian IP? :roll:
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
supergrafx77

Post by supergrafx77 »

Thanks guys for the news. This just made my morning. Trailer was nice. Screenshots looked even better. Very happy about this!!! :D
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

So the Saturn port is finally "obsolete".
It's about damn time, what took so long? Could it have something to do that alot of Saturn and Titan Video System games were lost in a harddrive crash at SEGA in the 90s?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Based on what I saw in the preview vid and the handful of screenshots:

The good: Individual weapon levels are now displayed in the lower left of the screen with experience bars. More people will finally get to play the game (and at an affordable price).

The bad: There is WAAAAAY too much bloom going on with the weapon fire. Background textures still suffer from warping (although I suppose this can be considered being faithful to the original).

The ugly: Ikaruga on XBLA suffered from an insane number of alterations that resulted in it being a different game (certainly in so far as scoring was concerned)... will the same thing occur with this conversion?
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Zeron wrote:So the Saturn port is finally "obsolete".
It's about damn time, what took so long? Could it have something to do that alot of Saturn and Titan Video System games were lost in a harddrive crash at SEGA in the 90s?
[quote="EinhanderZwei"
- Will it be based on arcade or home version?
:[/quote]
Kiken wrote:Ikaruga on XBLA suffered from an insane number of alterations that resulted in it being a different game (certainly in so far as scoring was concerned)... will the same thing occur with this conversion?
These are kind of related comments, and it will be very interesting to see. Firstly, although the saturn/stv was difficult to port from the real reason seemed to be that treasure was very reluctant in the past to bring the title to a contemporary audience:

http://kotaku.com/5123481/microsoft-wan ... n-for-xbla

I do believe a lot of this centered around the game-play and format - rsg is clearly something of an acquired taste and unique experience... I suspect 'main game' will be a remix; although I'd be shocked if both saturn and arcade versions were not also included.
Vyxx
Banned User

Post by Vyxx »

And to think, I just sold my physical copy less than a month ago as I needed money. I kept playing with the idea of blowing $180 to buy it back, and now I can just wait a few months and get it for like $10.

Yes, a physical copy would be nicer but when you're tight for cash this is pretty great news :D
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Zeron wrote:So the Saturn port is finally "obsolete".
This won't make the Saturn port obsolete. It will end up being a different game ala Ikaruga on Live.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

Has treasure ever made a "normal" shooter?

All their games have some strange ass scoring/gameplay mechanic that makes it just annoying to most people. Ikaruga just annoyed me to no end and I never got into it. Bangaioh I love, because it's just a stress free romp, but the higher scoring techniques I still don't understand. Gunstar heroes is a platformer (well, till the end), but I'd say it's their closest thing to a straight forward shooter.
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

on
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Great News !

I hope to see this on PSN too...
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

I can't wait for this port!!!

and all the comments about the original losing value, I don't think thats gonna happen.
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

Kobayashi wrote:Great News !

I hope to see this on PSN too...
Doubtful, looks like Treasure is exclusive with 360 on this one.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

If they translate this we can find out if the script for the story mode really is as profanity laden as that one site showed...
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

ZeetherKID77 wrote:If they translate this we can find out if the script for the story mode really is as profanity laden as that one site showed...
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

evil_ash_xero wrote:
drauch wrote:Well hot damn, it's about time. Would really like the option for original graphics as well...
They'd probably look tragic at 480. Unless a filter was applied...
Radiant Silvergun looks pretty tragic, 480 or not.

Fucking psyched about this though. The game wouldn't emulate properly on my PC and my Saturn isn't modded (I'm lazy) so I this an exciting opportunity for me.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I have the original but am looking forward to the HD update. I don't care if my CD loses value. I didn't buy it for that and in real terms if it halves in price I've lost the a little over the value of a brand new 360 title.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

CStarFlare wrote:
Radiant Silvergun looks pretty tragic, 480 or not.
CStar, is you losing your mind? :|
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die