Sine Mora(Suda 51 shmup)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
StarCreator

Re: Sine Mora(Suda 51 shmup)

Post by StarCreator »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Muchi Muchi Pork has random medal drops at times. Not only does this suck cause it can cause a minor score difference at random, it's possible to lose your chain on a medal you never even saw.
I thought Pork's medals-out-of-nowhere were triggered by reaching certain score thresholds and weren't actually random.
wariomona

Post by wariomona »

MauJustice wrote:Anybody find a good Arcade run yet? I normally die out around stage 4.
Someone has uploaded all the stages in Insane Score Attack to niconico. They only use primary weapon throughout.
Bizarre Jelly

Post by Bizarre Jelly »

wariomona wrote:
MauJustice wrote:Anybody find a good Arcade run yet? I normally die out around stage 4.
Someone has uploaded all the stages in Insane Score Attack to niconico. They only use primary weapon throughout.
Link?
Special World

Post by Special World »

Anybody else find this game super hard? I have a couple 1CCs under my belt, nothing too huge but 1CCs nonetheless, and yet stage 1 of Arcade totally wrecks me. You can only get hit, like, one time, and then the boss has that ridiculous spiral pattern and then... the level continues.

There doesn't really seem to be any sort of difficulty curve at all. Or maybe I'm just terrible.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
E. Randy Dupre

Post by E. Randy Dupre »

I thought that at first, but you need to be taking out the panels that are around the outside of the main cannon, as each one adds a few seconds onto the timer. Just focus on those and forget about the smaller, more heavily-armoured cannon on the top of the thing. If you're still struggling, maybe use a special attack towards the start of the fight to weaken the panels quickly and go with the reflect shield as your time power, so you can get through the spiral pattern.

I died there loads of times to begin with, before I realised where its weak point was. Piece of piss once you've got it down.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

On that note, has anyone sussed out a decent way of handling Kolobok without using the subs or capsules? It'd certainly be nice to hold onto my multiplier throughout that first fight, but I can't seem to slip through his main bullet pattern consistently without slowing it down or reflecting some of it...

I can't find any videos of a perfectly clean battle, so I'm hoping I'm not just making a pig's ear of it. :P
wariomona

Post by wariomona »

Bizarre Jelly wrote:
wariomona wrote:
Link?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/sine%20m ... ch_keyword
In case there ends up being a second page: First video was uploaded 26 Mar 05:06 up to stage 7 uploaded 26 Mar 20:39.
It seems like some parts they had to get hit in order to not use time or secondaries. And some parts they only got through by grabbing extend powerups... but it's still very helpful.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Gah You Tube search function really sucks or finding replays. :evil: Can anyone link a stage 1 vid of the two modes that are excluded from the demo pls, I just want to see how they compare.. All I can find is a insane run and generic story mode vids that dont say which mode it is.

About the analog controls I really like it. Playing with a wired 360 slim pad it reminds me of when I used to play all my shmups with my PC Logitech Dual Action pad which had an feather touch analog stick. Its what ive got half of my 1CCs on icluding DDP, Recca and Gradius NES & Stage 6 Mars Matrix with it. I swapped over to dpad when it wore out and other pads didnt have as light a touch on the analogs (nether does the 360slim pad but the way sine mora handles helps)
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I usually come out of stage 1 in Arcade Hard with around 90 million or so (my best so far is 94 million).. should I capture a vid and post it? Much of the first battle comes down to a bit of luck... holding your multiplier through the first fight normally hinges on whether or not you can collect a Shield item in the first portion of the level (then you can just ignore the spiral pattern entirely by letting the shield protect you during that attack).

Also, I sat down and tried to figure out the how the Time Mass Stabilization bonus works.. seems that for every second remaining, you get ~10,000 pts which is then multiplied by the current Multiplier value... the thing is, each second spent at Rank A is worth 100,000 pts at stage clear. So it's technically better to allow your timer to run down as much as possible (leave the boss with a sliver of health and then just dodge until the last possible moment) during boss encounters so that you can spend as much time as possible at max rank.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

I don't necessarily see a problem with that. You can either go for the safe thing, or you can risk for bigger rewards by waiting.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Thanks, Kiken! Aye, the shield lasts for quite a while - dunno why I didn't think of that before. :P
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

MauJustice wrote:In most cases bombing will hurt your score...whereas having a powered up weapon faster is a huge advantage in Sine Mora.
So what's the verdict? Bomb the crap out of everything early on when there's no multiplier to lose, to get as many powerups as possible, giving you a better advantage? Doesn't sound all bad to me, actually, as it imposes a slight risk/reward situation (less bombs later on to save your ass), but the randomness of the powerups is still an issue that's difficult to ignore.
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

So far I have unlocked these:

-alternate ending in story mode
-all pilots
-all 3 airplanes
-the encylopedia
-an image filter call 6150 (or somthing like that)
-I'm missing some colors for the planes which I'm not sure how to unlock.

What else is there to unlock and how?
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I reckon clearing stages in Hard give you ship colors, clearing stages on Insane give art styles.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Just downloaded the demo. I like it!
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... ora/728544

I couldn't see where someone else mentioned this (sorry if I missed it!). 9.1 from Gametrailers.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Well, it seems to be really liked by people...who aren't hardcore shmuppers. I could argue that they don't know what they're talking about, but maybe I'm just not forward thinking enough.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Thank you, Kiken, looking forward to other videos.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
chronicdog

Post by chronicdog »

Well judging by the leaderboard for story mode, despite the game getting good reviews as of yesterday less than 6000 players have registered scores (and no, you dont have to finish the game). Im not sure how much they spent making the game, but if they dont improve on that # radically I cant see this being a good sign for high production value shmups trying to establish a new IP being commercially viable outside of Japan.

I think the game is good enough to be fun, if not appeal to everyone on here, it has its flaws (those powerups really need to wall bounce) but its worth buying just to support the genre, in my opinion. The game is far from perfect but its a nice first effort.
bcass

Post by bcass »

IIRC Cave mentioned that their target for XBLA Guwange was 50,000 units, yet there's only a few thousand on the Leaderboards. Although that game admittedly has different modes for online and offline scoring. Imagine what the target for this must be given how obviously expensive it must have been to produce? I can't see how it can be profitable releasing this on only one platform. Although I think it's worth 1200MSP, I still think the price point is wrong.
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

chronicdog wrote:Well judging by the leaderboard for story mode, despite the game getting good reviews as of yesterday less than 6000 players have registered scores (and no, you dont have to finish the game). Im not sure how much they spent making the game, but if they dont improve on that # radically I cant see this being a good sign for high production value shmups trying to establish a new IP being commercially viable outside of Japan.
Well it hasn't been that long yet--lets spread the word and help it to pick up some steam....and I agree with your other comments Chronic, wall bounce would have helped 8)
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

THX for uploading that vid Kiken, Hard mode looks to be more my thing
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I can't find this info ANYWHERE... Does the difficulty setting of arcade mode that's not in the demo ("hard") still have those super-annoying suicide bullets?
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Sumez wrote:I can't find this info ANYWHERE... Does the difficulty setting of arcade mode that's not in the demo ("hard") still have those super-annoying suicide bullets?
This is what I was wondering until Kiken posted his replay, btw the answer is no
guigui

Post by guigui »

Sumez wrote:I can't find this info ANYWHERE... Does the difficulty setting of arcade mode that's not in the demo ("hard") still have those super-annoying suicide bullets?

No. Arcade Hard is definitely the mode you need for a shooter game.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I bought it and figured I'd start out on story mode ("challenging" difficulty), since that's how the game wants me to play it. I don't really mind stories in shooters and padded stages as much as others in here, but so far I'm not really liking it, there are so many frustrating elements where it feels like it's definitely not my own fault when I die.

Hopefully arcade hard mode is a lot better. Is it actually harder than "challenging"?
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Yeah...but I find the clock to be too frustrating.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Indeed. The clock ruins Arcade mode IMO. It's way too strict.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Other than looks, I don't think the game has a whole lot going for it. That music isn't helping either.