Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
guigui

Re: Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

Post by guigui »

rancor wrote:
Animaitor wrote:So the double pack includes the BL Arrange? Someone who actually owns this version could confirm?
Oh yes please do so. We euro Cave Fanboys want to know what awaits us.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

I was confused with your Amazon JP link pointing to the 1.5 version only, sorry. My DFK BL is one of the few games that the 360 refuses to read and I still haven't tried the Arrange mode. Keep us posted, rancor :D
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Animaitor wrote:I was confused with your Amazon JP link pointing to the 1.5 version only, sorry. My DFK BL is one of the few games that the 360 refuses to read and I still haven't tried the Arrange mode. Keep us posted, rancor :D
Really? Is it only DFK BL? Because my DFK BL disc is finicky sometimes in my 360 (360 tends to read it as a DVD at times for some reason, even though the disc is in perfect shape) and is the ONLY 360 disc I own that has those kinds of issues.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Yup, no scratches on the disc. My 360 (first version) sometimes reads it as a DVD as well. Tried to delete the cache and other methods but nothing worked. The other ones that the 360 refuses to read are MushiFutari (just sometimes) and Deathsmiles but the Platinum Collection version works fine. That's why I was excited about this DFK double pack. I tried on a friend's slim 360 and they load fine but don't feel like buying another 360 right now.
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
Illyrian

Post by Illyrian »

drunkninja24 wrote:
Animaitor wrote:I was confused with your Amazon JP link pointing to the 1.5 version only, sorry. My DFK BL is one of the few games that the 360 refuses to read and I still haven't tried the Arrange mode. Keep us posted, rancor :D
Really? Is it only DFK BL? Because my DFK BL disc is finicky sometimes in my 360 (360 tends to read it as a DVD at times for some reason, even though the disc is in perfect shape) and is the ONLY 360 disc I own that has those kinds of issues.
I actually had the disc read issue for the first time yesterday myself. the game still played, but it just thought it was some random DVD. I certainly hope it doesn't become a regular occurance.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Yeah.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Any new about the double pack content?
Working in the japanese language achievement
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

jandrogo wrote:Any new about the double pack content?
It's just both games bundled together.

http://i.imgur.com/JNnHE.jpg
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

I guess nobody bought it yet. I have the feeling we all want to know the same thing... is ketsupachi included? If BL comes on a DVD, then is a yes but if it comes as a DLC...
rancor

Post by rancor »

Animaitor wrote:I guess nobody bought it yet. I have the feeling we all want to know the same thing... is ketsupachi included? If BL comes on a DVD, then is a yes but if it comes as a DLC...
I didn't make it out today, but I'm definitely going tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a writeup and pics in 24 hrs. :wink:
I know from a Japanese post that it is a 2-disc set, and that the manual that comes with is really large...

edit:

Looks like someone beat me to it. :wink:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1575.0
guigui

Post by guigui »

rancor wrote:
Animaitor wrote:I guess nobody bought it yet. I have the feeling we all want to know the same thing... is ketsupachi included? If BL comes on a DVD, then is a yes but if it comes as a DLC...
I didn't make it out today, but I'm definitely going tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a writeup and pics in 24 hrs. :wink:
I know from a Japanese post that it is a 2-disc set, and that the manual that comes with is really large...

edit:

Looks like someone beat me to it. :wink:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1575.0
So we have to understand that Ketsuipachi is included on the BL disc ? I'm ordering it as of now.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
chempop

Post by chempop »

The only mode NOT included (to my knowledge) is DFK1.51 which was limited DLC for first print copies of 1.5. The disks contained in the double pack are the same as JPN region DFK1.5 and Blacklabel & Ketsuipachi (both are not region free). Hope that helps.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
guigui

Post by guigui »

chempop wrote:The only mode NOT included (to my knowledge) is DFK1.51 which was limited DLC for first print copies of 1.5. The disks contained in the double pack are the same as JPN region DFK1.5 and Blacklabel & Ketsuipachi (both are not region free). Hope that helps.
This certainly makes things clear.

Also note that PA already has a 1 week delay on the Double-Pack, damn you preorderers !
lemonhead

Post by lemonhead »

guigui wrote:
chempop wrote:The only mode NOT included (to my knowledge) is DFK1.51 which was limited DLC for first print copies of 1.5. The disks contained in the double pack are the same as JPN region DFK1.5 and Blacklabel & Ketsuipachi (both are not region free). Hope that helps.
This certainly makes things clear.

Also note that PA already has a 1 week delay on the Double-Pack, damn you preorderers !
Buy it from amiami, they have it 10 bucks cheaper.
guigui

Post by guigui »

lemonhead wrote: Buy it from amiami, they have it 10 bucks cheaper.
Good call. I dont like their "shipping costs will be calculated when order is ready to dispatch" stuffs though.

Any idea how much shipping is for SAL registered and/or unregistered to Europe ? Also, do customs taxes often occur ?
lemonhead

Post by lemonhead »

guigui wrote:
lemonhead wrote: Buy it from amiami, they have it 10 bucks cheaper.
Good call. I dont like their "shipping costs will be calculated when order is ready to dispatch" stuffs though.

Any idea how much shipping is for SAL registered and/or unregistered to Europe ? Also, do customs taxes often occur ?
Czech rep., registered mail: shipping 790 (one dvd), 990 (two dvds) JPY, tax payed here in both cases
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

So out of curiosity, is there any reason to go with the European version of the game over the Japanese version? Were there any fixed glitches or... really any differences at all?
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

Euro version costs less now 8)
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

xbl0x180 wrote:Euro version costs less now 8)
Well, other than the "X version is cheaper" or "X will play on US consoles" stuff.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Today I popped in the japanese standalone BL disc to play a little BL Arrange. In the title menu I was surprised to see the option "downloadable content", but couldn't access it (currently no internet on this particular 360). Could somebody remind me please what DLC there was available for the standalone BL version ??
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I don't recall anything noteworthy, probably just Gamerpics and stuff...or am I forgetting?
rancor

Post by rancor »

Icon sets, themes, promo videos, etc. BM is right - nothing that affects the game.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Thanks for the quick clarification!