New shmup: Jamestown

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zapf

Re: New shmup: Jamestown

Post by Zapf »

Is it coming out at like 1pm est when they do deal updates and stuff or what.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:Ah my bad, I didnt know that. Is there many indie games that dont use steams DRM then?
Some, of the 14 or so indie games I have on Steam I think about 2 or 3 have none. But you look at stuff like World of Goo which I think has DRM and was one of the most pirated indie games apperantly. If I ever get to release something on Steam it sure as hell wont have DRM.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

World of goo is available on a bazillion platforms and has made the guy a LOT of money, especially when he did the name your own price day and the humble indie bundle. Who fucking cares if he has 90% piracy rate. Hes the poster child of how to do indie game marketing right.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

I know that, and I agree with you, but I think he would not have made any less money without the DRM stuff on Steam for example.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Well it's the 8th June in UK, LA and NYC so what time can we expect this to become available?
Final Form tweeted that Jamestown had gone gold 14 hrs ago- the expectation is almost half the pleasure :D
And is there going to be a demo?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

mjclark wrote:Well it's the 8th June in UK, LA and NYC so what time can we expect this to become available?
Final Form tweeted that Jamestown had gone gold 14 hrs ago- the expectation is almost half the pleasure :D
Strange how jamestown isn't even listed on steam (not under coming soon or anything).
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
captpain

Post by captpain »

mjclark wrote:Well it's the 8th June in UK, LA and NYC so what time can we expect this to become available?
I'd bank on it being released in the US's evening. As I understand it, Steam releases usually happen after lunchtime.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

The trailer just came up on steam, which links to http://store.steampowered.com/app/94200

that doesn't actually go anywhere at the moment though.

edit: oh wait now it does
Observer

Post by Observer »

Game is out and ready.

brb, insta-buying.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
rancid3000

Post by rancid3000 »

I have pretty much no experience with either Steam, D2D or gamers gate. Does it really matter which one I use to get the game?
Observer

Post by Observer »

rancid3000 wrote:I have pretty much no experience with either Steam, D2D or gamers gate. Does it really matter which one I use to get the game?
If you buy it from Gamersgate, I think you are technically buying a Steam CD key. Both let you use PayPal and a plethora of services.

I have no idea how D2D works though. And, again, it wouldn't hurt to ask to put a regular version in DLsite too.

edit: wtfbbq, this game is 116mb? wow. Good old days of Ether Vapor being 34mb (btw, Ether Vapor Remaster version is coming soon, more epic than ever) and glorious Cho Ren Sha 68k being mere kbs. Translation: not complaining, love small file sizes :P
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
BeruBeru

Post by BeruBeru »

Contacted the devs with my arcade stick issue, got a reply within minutes, It's a very specific issue for pcb's that send both XY axis data and POV at the same time.

Anyway played with a keyboard for now (alone unfortunately for now), and that game is truly amazing, it feels as good as any high-profile arcade shmup.
MauJustice

Post by MauJustice »

Downloading now!
bsidwell

Post by bsidwell »

well i'm liking it so far
works with my stick straight out of the box with no issues and it plays like it was made by people who actually like shmups
nZero

Post by nZero »

... OK, don't really need 2 threads for this. Now that the game's available let's move discussion over to the new thread that the developers started:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37013