SNK presents King of Fighters...SkyStage?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Vetus

Re: SNK presents King of Fighters...SkyStage?

Post by Vetus »

Personally I found this game disappointing when I first played it and it looked to me like an average doujin game, from these ones where you just put some characters from a popular francise to a universe where they don't fit at all.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

NESiCA certainly doesn't need any more latecomer ports from 360/PC with few or no enhancements. Does anyone actually go to arcades to play these?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Dunno, I'm surprised they're porting this and Reg.-A on the Nesica service.

Would have been nice if they ported N-G Ultimate Shooting instead, I know it hasn't had an "arcade port" yet.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Regulation A is coming to NESiCA? Maybe they'll finally implement the balance changes that were meant to be in the canceled Regulation A2.
Mero

Post by Mero »

When I just clicked on that link I posted a few months back I got a malicious URL warning so take it with a pinch of salt.

EDIT: link deleted.
Bee Cool

Post by Bee Cool »

How does this game compare to some of the more well known doujins like Exceed 3rd, or Blue Wish Resurrection?

Given the price it looks like it isn't trying to compete with the standard arcade shmup.
RIP in peaces mjclark and Estebang
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

I'd say pretty average, for the most part, all you do is shoot and destroy random stuff that comes ahead of you, bosses are just typically standard KOF fare (mostly with cheap attacks within later stages, especially Rugal as TLB. >_>), other than that, it has that "Raiden" kind of difficulty, but you can pretty much set the difficulty to "Practice" to get a fair view to play the game normally.

Also, this game has an optional double (harder) loop, which is necessary to even fight Rugal at the end of the 2nd loop, well, if you managed to get all of the Rugal Letters without continuing on the 1st loop. (Or play stage 5 again, get the letter, beat Chris/Orochi without continuing, then it goes to 2nd loop.), so yeah, that's pretty much KOF Skystage in a nutshell.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
qmish

Post by qmish »

So i played a bit of Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting (as i see it's also discussed here), and it feels really "meh" too me. Not sure if i was already sleepy or it makes me sleepy.

Nice music though, and was cool to see which characters have which specials and bomb.

But totally not impressed with stages (and patterns* on them), they just dont feel right (bosses are more ok, whatever). Yeah i guess i like Raiden IV more...

So i'm not sure overall.

*enemies and patterns feel like they're from some lame j2me game =/
** some very bad sounds - of shooting, or enemy death, i dunno.
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

The psp port is 30 fps. That's a a BIG downgrade in smoothness and overall playability.
qmish

Post by qmish »

if it was not, woudnt change all other stuff...

so i m thinking of not including this game anymore in "psp recommendation" lists and threads, despite some people totally liking it, huh

Can't make opinion.

At least there is boss rush mode available, that's nice
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

The PSP game seems kinda laggy too, or at least on a PS Vita TV with a PS2-to-USB adapter (I use Mayflash). But the PS Vita TV is really the only way to play the game: on a big screen with TATE'd controls. You'll want to change your d-pad in the console settings.

Change:

UP to RIGHT
DOWN to LEFT
LEFT to UP
RIGHT to DOWN

It wasn't even a big deal to switch between the TATE'd d-pad and normal. The TATE'd d-pad settings becomes your "accessibility settings," which you can toggle with a checkbox.