Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
yosai

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by yosai »

bcass wrote:It is? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the PCB doesn't have X-Mode, online Leaderboards, uploadable/downloadable replays, training modes, additional options or optional remixed soundtrack.
So which of these actually make the game better. :roll:
bcass

Post by bcass »

charlie chong wrote:EVEN AFTER THE PORT HAS COME OUT YOU GUYS CAN'T STOP BITCHING ABOUT PCB OWNERS :lol:
JUST BE HAPPY WID YOR EGGS BOGS PORT YOU TURDS
ALSO BCASS WHEN YOU GONNA LEARN KNOW ONE CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK COS YOU A POINTLESS IDIOT MORE CONCERNED WITH SUPEFLUOS DETAILS THAN ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT KETSUI'S EXCELLENT BULLET PATTERNS THAT GO SIDEWAYS AND ARE MORE FUN TO DODGE THAN BORING PATTERNS OF MUSHIMESAMA GAMES RATHER THAN DISPLAYS AND JEALOUSY PLEASE??
Massive LOLs here. What a gimp. Must be all that ash.
yosai wrote:
bcass wrote:It is? Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the PCB doesn't have X-Mode, online Leaderboards, uploadable/downloadable replays, training modes, additional options or optional remixed soundtrack.
So which of these actually make the game better.
All of them. :roll:
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

adversity1 wrote:
lolol

try turning the douche setting off too thx
Lololol yea testing to see how to unlock things in games equates to being a douche. Grow the fuck up. Yet another 4 year-old Achievement Whiner. I should just make a list in my signature of all the people around here who cry like babies whenever achievements are mentioned.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Have fun listing like half of the forum's userbase then.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
MachineAres 1CC

Elixir wrote:Have fun listing like half of the forum's userbase then.
Precisely.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Which is one of the reasons that I started the XBox 360 Shmup Achievement thread, since discussion about achievements tends to derail threads in Shmups Chat pretty quickly around here.

Also, yeah, according to the wiki, none of the Destroy [xxx] Boss achievements will unlock with No Bullet on.
MachineAres 1CC

nZero wrote:Which is one of the reasons that I started the XBox 360 Shmup Achievement thread, since discussion about achievements tends to derail threads in Shmups Chat pretty quickly around here.

Also, yeah, according to the wiki, none of the Destroy [xxx] Boss achievements will unlock with No Bullet on.
Good deal, thanks for the info, I didn't check out the wiki yet. Maybe we should add the clarification to the achievement thread.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
Elixir wrote:Have fun listing like half of the forum's userbase then.
Precisely.
Achievements are for assholes.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

bcass wrote:
charlie chong wrote:EVEN AFTER THE PORT HAS COME OUT YOU GUYS CAN'T STOP BITCHING ABOUT PCB OWNERS :lol:
JUST BE HAPPY WID YOR EGGS BOGS PORT YOU TURDS
ALSO BCASS WHEN YOU GONNA LEARN KNOW ONE CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK COS YOU A POINTLESS IDIOT MORE CONCERNED WITH SUPEFLUOS DETAILS THAN ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT KETSUI'S EXCELLENT BULLET PATTERNS THAT GO SIDEWAYS AND ARE MORE FUN TO DODGE THAN BORING PATTERNS OF MUSHIMESAMA GAMES RATHER THAN DISPLAYS AND JEALOUSY PLEASE??
Massive LOLs here. What a gimp. Must be all that ash.
yosai wrote:
So which of these actually make the game better.
All of them. :roll:

sorry for trolling you bcass i don't really hate you xxx

the pcb was made for cabs
the port for consoles

to argue about which is superior in a cab is just a waste of time..i could go on about how some boss patterns don't exactly feel the same on the port but that would just be being nitpicky cos the port is the better version overall and i'll happilly admit that even tho i own the pcb(ooh im so scared my pcb might devalue by £30-50 ) .. but port better to play on an arcade cab
NEVER THAT
now please discuss the game !! not pcb details or port details but the actual bloody game :)
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

charlie chong wrote: .. but port better to play on an arcade cab
NEVER THAT
Some of us disagree :/
I mean, why would the port be "the better overall version" but not be better for a cab?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

dmauro wrote:
charlie chong wrote: .. but port better to play on an arcade cab
NEVER THAT
Some of us disagree :/
I mean, why would the port be "the better overall version" but not be better for a cab?
As these games are MADE FOR CABINETS, playing a port of such a game in a cab would make sense to anyone with a common sense. Playing the PCB on a TV however... :P
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

:x :lol:

keep tinkering with your graphic settings i'm sure it will be fun
bye
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

charlie chong wrote::x :lol:

bye
im with charlie....its just not the same....i wouldnt even enjoy my brandy.....and id probably feel foolish for wearing an evening jacket :wink: :lol:
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

bye
I know this is half serious troll bait, but honestly other then the initial set up of TATE and over-scan size the video settings are no different then switching pcb's, just a few turns of the X and Y controls and you are good to go. That said I like both PCB's and port's, but all the extra's, practice mode, arrange mode's, and most importantly being able to watch replays on the full screen of my cab is just awesome.

To each their own, it's playing shmups that counts not how we play them.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Man....I feel like I've gotten worse at this game in the last few days.....From my high point of nearly through Stage 4 at 49mil, to now dying to the most retarded bullshit everywhere and being lucky to make it past stage 2 without dying....ugh....I just need to cool off for a while :?
man9child

Post by man9child »

It happens. Whenever I start to get the hang of scoring in a shooter my ability to just stay alive takes an immediate hit because I get braver. But be attitude for gains. :roll: Eventually you break though.

Ketsui is turning out to be my favorite Cave game by far.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

man9child wrote:It happens. Whenever I start to get the hang of scoring in a shooter my ability to just stay alive takes an immediate hit because I get braver. But be attitude for gains. :roll: Eventually you break though.

Ketsui is turning out to be my favorite Cave game by far.
For sure, I was just frustrated as hell. Calmed down now, ready to give it another go :mrgreen:
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

How are you guys liking the Arrange music? I think it's pretty darn good, but i'm not too pleased with the changes to the final boss theme.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

charlie chong wrote:i feel the espgaluda 1 + 2 patterns carried on the tradition somewhat in places .. it was actually down to a programmer because ikeda apparently always wanted danmakus that were straight but the coder apparently had enough and wanted to try some different style patterns.

so how do you react to them ?? do you find them hard to dodge?
personally i think they make more sense for me to dodge thriough than any game cave has released since!

heres the quote from an adverse translation on cave stg
・Ketsui - Kizuna Jigokutachi "Uniform speed and a direct line" were the ironclad rules for Dodonpachi's danmakus, but Ichimura, the programmer for Daioujou, eventually whined about this so...(lol). This was a title where we really pushed his taste to the forefront and did "whatever we wanted".
Personally, I always see Progear as being a kind of successor to ketsui in a lot of ways. I'm guessing it's because of working on the CPS2 hardware and making a horizontal shooter, the the bullets go anything but straight, often arcing down in a lazy parabola. There's also examples of the 'bullet maze' patterns on the stage three boss for example, a style that we see echoed in Ketsui, Mushihimesama, and most of Cave's output in the last ten years.

Regarding screen settings and such, here's my handy setup guide to getting the best picture:

1: Stick TV on side. Wedge a book underneath it to stop it from falling over
2: Switch on game
3: Fiddle with settings until image fills screen
4: To toggle 'scanlines' option, use CRT television
Last edited by MX7 on Thu May 06, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

bye
OMG you didn't go all CAPS, should I worry?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

emphatic wrote:

bye
OMG you didn't go all CAPS, should I worry?
he had caps on AND was holding shift, it's double caps!11111
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

IVE DECIDED I HAYTE KRETSUI NOW
TOO MANY NEWBZ LIEKE IT AND I DONT FEEL ELITE AND SUPERIOR ENOUGH ANYMORE WHEN I PLAY IT

THIS POXY PCB IS USELESS NOW EXCEPT TO EAT ME ROAST BEEF AND YORKSHIRE PUDS OFF ON SUNDAYS
bcass

Post by bcass »

charlie chong wrote:YORKSHIRE PUDS
Thread saved.
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

evil_ash_xero wrote:How are you guys liking the Arrange music? I think it's pretty darn good, but i'm not too pleased with the changes to the final boss theme.
It feels like the faerie version of the OST. It's just not as hardcore sounding, if that makes any sense. I don't dislike it, but I stick to the arcade music.
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

I prefer the arrange in DOJ, but Ketsui is very good as well =)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Original OST is best, the Arrange feels a bit like Ibara for some reason IMO. So, what type of BATTLE SHIP are you guys using?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Tiger Schwert. The Panzer Jager is a bit too fast moving for me. Plus if I get in a bind and need to clear the screen, the Panzer's a bit more effective at doing it without bombing.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

drunkninja24 wrote:Tiger Schwert. The Panzer Jager is a bit too fast moving for me. Plus if I get in a bind and need to clear the screen, the Panzer's a bit more effective at doing it without bombing.
I admit to not knowing the two ship types by name, but did you just contradict yourself?
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

No he did not. But the Panzer Jager too fast?! 0_0 Even in very dense patterns it's slow enough for precise dodging. Both of the ships seem pretty slow compared to most Cave games or am I crazy?
msm

Post by msm »

i use the green one, p2 wide shot.