Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
drunkninja24

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by drunkninja24 »

RonanN1 wrote:Hello.

Guys, I have some questions. I search the forums and did not find any answers (if they are any and I did not search well please excuse me and I will be glad if you can point me to some discussions).

I'm not a GOD of shmups I'm just a huge fan :) So pelase bare with me...

The achievements guide that I read is this - http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=24786

Here are my problems/questions:

エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム撃破 (120)
Destroy True Last Boss Evaccaneer Doom
Oki. So I understand what I have to do (I have face many True Last Bosses in other shmups) but this one dosen't appear. Do I have to do something special? I just play Arcade Mode...and reach the last boss with one credit. Beat him and nothing else. To I have to wait some time?...

All Your Base… (10)
Make it through the reverse-scrolling section of Stage 5 without dying a total of 10 times
...dosen't this have a japanese name? Like the other achievements? And ahet is the reverse-scrolling section of Stage 5? I finish stage 5 without loosing 10 lives and nothing (can you please tell me the japanese name of the achievement, maby I already have it.

And my final question. When will I get all the options unlock in the EX option menu? I have three now. Loop, Ketsui Bomb and Continue at Doom. My total play time (for now) is 5:32:31 and I have 496/1000.

*p.s.

Another small one: What's Continue at Doom? I play with it ON and notning happend. I play with it OFF and nothing happend (i'm confused).

Thank you for your (future) answers.

*p.s. 2

Here is a video, that I found, for:
ケツイボム (20)
Turn Ketsui Bomb on in the EX options and hope you manage to luck into bouncing a bomb around the screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTtSgko1 ... FhAi0IkwBQ
For 1 you have to clear both the standard loop and the URA loop, more details here: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5123

For 2, that means you have to do that 10 times (which would require you to play the level at least 10 times). The reverse-scrolling section is the part where you go do into the tunnel before heading to the final boss.

For 3, as far as EX options, just keep playing, as far as I know, it just unlocks over time, either by how many times you've played the game or amount of time spent playing the game, also, turning on "Continue at DOOM" makes it so that if you face DOOM and die, you can continue as you would any other section of the game (normally, if you die at DOOM, you get Game Over)
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

No one is surprised by the poor sales of Ketsui. making it region free coulda easy double thier sales :cry:
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
bcass

Post by bcass »

Doubled? That sounds like a highly optimistic figure, given that sales of both of Cave's region-free games weren't doubled. It might have given them a couple more thousand sales though, which I'm sure wouldn't have gone amiss. One thing is for sure - I can definitely see DOJ and Ketsui becoming collectibles/rare in the future.
Last edited by bcass on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

lol no. It would've probably given them less sales, just look at Death Smiles and Futari.

(note that this is irony just to point out that region-free has nothing to do with the low sales, but more the game itself)
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

PsikyoPshumpPshooterP wrote:No one is surprised by the poor sales of Ketsui. making it region free coulda easy double thier sales :cry:
does anybody know how many copies have sold so far? it would be a shame for this to flop, considering how excellent the game and the port are.
RonanN1

Post by RonanN1 »

Thank you for your answer drunkninja24 8) :mrgreen:
suici.de/euphoria
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Wow, the graphics look really blurry when you've been spoiled by ESPGALUDA II. I'll try playing this with my left hand and index finger extended in front of my eyes.

My first impressions of the gameplay was brought down pretty hard as the default button mapping had the regular shot mapped to all kinds of buttons, making my full auto button of choice (X) be mapped to regular shot as well. If not for all praise earlier I'd thought that the port was crap, but a remapping of the shot buttons to exclude X made it playable. The remixed soundtrack is nice, but I'll think I'll go with PCB stereo instead, at least for Arcade mode.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

brokenhalo wrote:
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP wrote:No one is surprised by the poor sales of Ketsui. making it region free coulda easy double thier sales :cry:
does anybody know how many copies have sold so far? it would be a shame for this to flop, considering how excellent the game and the port are.
Highly dubious that anything like accurate figures can be given/estimated within a month on such a low selling game... I'd be curious to hear retail responses but I'd not judge the games success or otherwise on it...
bcass

Post by bcass »

emphatic wrote:Wow, the graphics look really blurry when you've been spoiled by ESPGALUDA II. I'll try playing this with my left hand and index finger extended in front of my eyes.
Try changing the graphics filter in the screen options. Doesn't look remotely blurry on my CRT via RGB scart.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

EOJ wrote:Something I wrote today that some of you might find to be of interest:

http://eoj-sh3.blogspot.com/2010/04/why ... 0-for.html
Good read and sounds like the 360 version is quite satisfactory. It only drives the point home that those without a capable 360 are missing out, so long as they'd like to try the game, but at least a cheaper option exists pardon the PCB now. I believe the PCB prices will continue to drop, as mentioned it's certainly not rare, not in the same league as other arcade games anyway.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

EOJ wrote:Something I wrote today that some of you might find to be of interest:

http://eoj-sh3.blogspot.com/2010/04/why ... 0-for.html

Cheers EOJ , always good to read ;)
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
honorless

Post by honorless »

brokenhalo wrote:does anybody know how many copies have sold so far? it would be a shame for this to flop, considering how excellent the game and the port are.
It came in at #15 on the Media Create rankings. If you trust VGChartz, they're claiming 9575 units.
video games suck
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Now that everyone seems to agree that the port is good, I've decided to finally place my order.
honorless wrote:
brokenhalo wrote:does anybody know how many copies have sold so far? it would be a shame for this to flop, considering how excellent the game and the port are.
It came in at #15 on the Media Create rankings. If you trust VGChartz, they're claiming 9575 units.
If those numbers are true, not bad. Not great either, but not bad.
:lol:
Special World

Post by Special World »

Is there a strat topic for X Mode yet? I don't even really get how it functions on a basic level. I imagine you want to make enemies spawn suicide bullets to mop them up with the cancellers, but I'm not sure how the suicide bullets even work. For a while they spawn with C shot, but then at some point that just causes enemies to explode into chips.

Nonetheless, it seems like a pretty cool mode. I just have no idea what the hell to do in it.

Also for the main game: Is there any way to prolong your 5 chain? Does holding a lock on something prolong it? Or do you just have to just keep killing up close with C, then locking, then unlocking and killing close, then locking etc?

I haven't watched any vids since I've played it, but I think hearing strategies in text would help immensely. I do remember a shitton of beeping when I watched vids, so is it a lot of switching to lock shot as something is dying or what?

ED: Ah, okay. I'm starting to figure this shit out. This game is fucking rad.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
man9child

Post by man9child »

Figured I'd chime in because this thread is unusally quiet. I'm surprised that even with all the hype, this game not only met my expectations but surpassed them. I've had Death Label for a while now, so I thought I knew generally what to expect, but I was wrong. The full game is much better than the demo. :)

In the week or so I've had it the farthest I've gotten on a credit is the fourth stage, and even though I feel that the game approaches DOJ in terms of difficulty it doesn't frustrate me in the same way. Maybe it's the forgiving nature of the scoring system, where it's a lot easier to make up for mistakes, or to stop thinking about scoring alltogether during a tough part and then pick it up once you eek through.
RonanN1

Post by RonanN1 »

Hello - it's me again with another question (this is the last one :) )

As i read here - http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=24786
* 絆地獄たち (10)
* 続・絆地獄たち (10)
* 続々・絆地獄たち (10)
* 絆地獄たちよ、永遠に (10)
* ひるいなき絆地獄たち (10)
Clear Stages 1 through 5 without continuing in both Arcade Mode and X-Mode with both ships (one at a time, not double-play)
Oki - I understand that. These are the last achievements that I need. Well actualy two of them (絆地獄たちよ、永遠に and ひるいなき絆地獄たち).

To unlock them do I have to 1CC X-mode with both ships?

I already clear the stages in Arcade Mode (without ding) but i'm having trouble in X-mode in some parts (stage 4).

I try selecting the stages but it dosen't work. It must be done in one run start - finish play.

Thank you.

***later edit***

Nevermind :P I did 1CC X-mode with both ships and I got them - yey! <3333

Excelent game! Excelent music!
suici.de/euphoria
Special World

Post by Special World »

Okay, question:

Is it better to get 5 chips in a continuous unbroken chain than it is to get all 5 chips from started and stopped chains?

Because if so then I have much more respect for the scoring, and feel dumb for overlooking it.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Special World wrote:Okay, question:

Is it better to get 5 chips in a continuous unbroken chain than it is to get all 5 chips from started and stopped chains?

Because if so then I have much more respect for the scoring, and feel dumb for overlooking it.
IIRC, getting 5 chips from chaining (hold A) and getting 5 chips from point blanking (hold C up and personal) affect the middle counter (to the left) a bit differently.

Have a gander here: http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/Ke ... Scores.htm
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Okay so with the subtracting from the multiplier when using lock shot...

that means I want to point blank as many small enemies with the rapid shot as I can, and only use the lock shot on large enemies that spit out tons of chips, right?
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

You only cash in your multiplier when destroying enemies with the lock shot (which also causes it to drop). You usually want to start a chain by point blanking an enemy with the normal shot and then using the lock shot to take out as many enemies as you can before the chain runs out.

Enemies release more chips when destroyed with the lock shot, so you can keep a decent multiplier through an entire stage with this technique. You can opt to point blank enemies to save up your multiplier for certain enemies worth lots of points. Often you try to get to each midboss with as high a multiplier as possible because they are worth the most points by far.

Also, the size of an enemy determines how much of a hit your multiplier takes when destroyed with the lock shot. Small enemies take off something like 3-5% and larger enemies are around 7-10%.

The multiplier works exactly how you would expect. An enemy worth 100 points will net you 100 points when shot down with the normal shot. Shoot it down with the lock shot while your multiplier is 500 and you will get 50,000 points.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Hm, alright. I'll play some more and try to fully wrap my head around it. Thanks guys.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Whelp, I think this is my second favorite Cave game after Futari

shit rules
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Only thing that bugs me is that I can't seem to get the display settings quite right running the game through an Emotia in 240p on my cab. With ESPII and Futari, it was damn simple to get it pixel-perfect, but with Ketsui, it's harder to tell, even on N. Neighbor setting. Especially after playing the PCB this last weekend, it's shocking just how much difference in picture quality there was. But it still looks plenty good, I'm just a major videophile :P
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

drunkninja24 wrote:Only thing that bugs me is that I can't seem to get the display settings quite right running the game through an Emotia in 240p on my cab. With ESPII and Futari, it was damn simple to get it pixel-perfect, but with Ketsui, it's harder to tell, even on N. Neighbor setting. Especially after playing the PCB this last weekend, it's shocking just how much difference in picture quality there was. But it still looks plenty good, I'm just a major videophile :P
So, you use n.neighbor then? I'm having a hard time to get a good look as well. It looks like a heavily compressed .avi in my cabinet.
antares

Post by antares »

I couldn't get it look good with n. neighbor too on my crt tv, now I'm using bicubic.
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

on a computer CRT monitor (640x480, decent scanlines and all) n. neighbor seems to look the best. So bicubic is better on even lower res's? I'll keep that in mind if I decide to plug the 360 on my mates tated tv
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

EPS21 wrote:on a computer CRT monitor (640x480, decent scanlines and all) n. neighbor seems to look the best. So bicubic is better on even lower res's? I'll keep that in mind if I decide to plug the 360 on my mates tated tv

I feel kinda stupid right now, because it turned out that I had the overscan setting @ 99% which basically made the game über-blurry. Now, with 100% overscan and LANCOS filter (I've tried all of them, and this worked best for me), running the game in 24kHz with the UVC on my NANAO MS9 looks... wait for it.. as good as, if not better than the PCB. :shock: The scanlines are missing obviously, but the small smoothing of the lancos filter and the UVC's gentle scan conversion.. just wow.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

emphatic wrote:
EPS21 wrote:on a computer CRT monitor (640x480, decent scanlines and all) n. neighbor seems to look the best. So bicubic is better on even lower res's? I'll keep that in mind if I decide to plug the 360 on my mates tated tv

I feel kinda stupid right now, because it turned out that I had the overscan setting @ 99% which basically made the game über-blurry. Now, with 100% overscan and LANCOS filter (I've tried all of them, and this worked best for me), running the game in 24kHz with the UVC on my NANAO MS9 looks... wait for it.. as good as, if not better than the PCB. :shock: The scanlines are missing obviously, but the small smoothing of the lancos filter and the UVC's gentle scan conversion.. just wow.
pics....title screen and in game if possible plz :)
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

emphatic wrote:

Pics please .. Im using Bicubic on mt 480I CRT via RGB Scart , looks pretty sweet actually
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

To avoid a spam-fest of pictures, I've made a little gallery here: http://www.pici.se/gal/emphatic/Ketsui_in_24kHzSom/

This is taken with flash on:

I really suck at snapping screen pics though.