Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shelcoof

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by Shelcoof »

Excellent Read EOJ :)

Thanks for posting
bcass

Post by bcass »

EOJ wrote:
Dave_K. wrote: I'd like to see proof of pcb prices in the 50,000 yen range.
Here you go:
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d105577379
Ouch.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

And here is one that went for 70,000 the week after that ended, although it had the artwork.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d103822220

Clearly people dumping their boards out of despiration before the port even got released, but time will tell if it continues to decline now that the port is out.
Last edited by Dave_K. on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

The 70K one was a nearly complete boxed kit (just missing the small yellow sticker, flier, and suction cup from what I can tell - the box isn't pictured but is mentioned in the item description). It also included the promo flier.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I don't think anybody expected the port to be this good. It's a crying shame that it's sold so badly and is still in the hands of the minority (relatively speaking, given the size of the global 360 user-base). It would have been great to see 5pb port MMP and Pink Sweets now they've shown that they're more than capable. I can't see them being too eager to do it now after all this effort with so little return.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

bcass wrote:I don't think anybody expected the port to be this good. It's a crying shame that it's sold so badly and is still in the hands of the minority (relatively speaking, given the size of the global 360 user-base). It would have been great to see 5pb port MMP and Pink Sweets now they've shown that they're more than capable. I can't see them being too eager to do it now after all this effort with so little return.
Even if 5pb. were eager, they are in financial struggle (Steins;Gate being their only successful game of last year (which I hear is really good but I avoid Japanese net slang like the plague)) and I highly doubt Cave would be happy with leasing their games to 5pb. again, what with all the nonsense and delays that have been had. If 5pb. were to port MMP, I wouldn't expect it for another 3 years.

Besides, why have your games ported by 5pb when you can have them ported by Asada, who is willing to create HD modes which truthfully, is what turns heads and sells these games to the people who weren't already buying them?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I think Ketsui is the best 360 port released so far. Not because I think it's the best game, but because it's the most focussed. I'm not all that bothered about hi-res and countless game modes. What matters to me is a bug-free accurate port of the arcade game, above all else. I'm interested in a well-conceived package, which is what this is. Also, sales have been declining for Cave's ports since the initial buzz of DeathSmiles, so I'm not so sure about the allure of all these extraneous game modes and hi-res graphics. This would explain why Cave are moving focus to original content instead of ports.
Elixir wrote:Besides, why have your games ported by 5pb when you can have them ported by Asada
Because 5pb have done a better job. All the Cave-developed ports have bugs/inacuracies and are missing things like decent screen filters. Cave have lost sight of the core game in favour of adding extraneous content.

It's true though, I don't think we'll be seeing any more ports from 5pb, which in the end is our loss, because after a sticky first attempt with DOJ (which is actually a really great package and well worth owning despite the flaws), they finally got it right and they delivered, big-time.
Last edited by bcass on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

bcass wrote:I think Ketsui is the best 360 port released so far. Not because I think it's the best game, but because it's the most focussed. I'm not all that bothered about hi-res and countless game modes. What matters to me is a bug-free accurate port of the arcade game, above all else. I'm interested in a well-conceived package, which is what this is. Also, sales have been declining for Cave's ports since the initial buzz of DeathSmiles, so I'm not so sure about the allure of all these extraneous game modes and hi-res graphics.
Sales have probably been declining because Deathsmiles was a horizontal shooter which covered more of the screen, yet the others aren't. I know I wouldn't play Futari in yoko if given the opportunity to choose.
bcass wrote:Because 5pb have done a better job. All the Cave-developed ports have bugs/inacuracies and are missing things like decent screen filters. Cave have lost sight of the core game in favour of adding extraneous content.
I disagree, I think Futari is an overall better port. HD, a huge array of modes (something like 15 or 17, I counted awhile back but forgot), a huge array of options, Black Label DLC, and so on. The arrange mode doesn't grab me half as much as X-mode in Ketsui does, but it's still something to be considered.

What I'm saying is, M2 seem like a company who could easily do another project like Futari. I say this having experienced Futari, the Sega Ages games for PS2, and the Wii's Virtual Console emulators which they made (most of them). 5pb probably can't pull this off again.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I wouldn't object to M2 doing more ports. I'd rather have 5pb do them now I've seen what they're capable of, but I'd rather have either of them do it over Cave doing it.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Chacranajxy wrote:Whelp... bit the bullet and ordered Ketsui along with a Japanese 360. I really don't believe this game's going to come to the US, so I'm testing my hypothesis by dropping hella cash. Gambling is fun!
Don't forget that you will be able to play a bunch of fucking awesome games years earlier - if they get released in your country at all. Doesn't sound like a gamble to me, more like a recipe for awesomeness.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

There's a Ketsui gamerpic out there.. has anyone unlocked it or found out how? It's a pic of DOOM, just like how DOJBLEX had one of Hibachi.

Skykid

Post by Skykid »

EOJ wrote:The 70K one was a nearly complete boxed kit (just missing the small yellow sticker, flier, and suction cup from what I can tell - the box isn't pictured but is mentioned in the item description). It also included the promo flier.
It's all hyperbole. One day all this shit will be very scarce, especially as western interests in Cave and shmups are seeing boards expedited from Japan on a regular basis. I picked up my Battle Garegga three years ago for £70 shipped - has anyone seen the YHJ prices for it now?
My mate in Nippon is guilty of being a full time exporter for ca$h, and he told me the rate at which Japan's games resource has dried up in the eight years he's been resident is stifling - and it's made his job a lot harder. He's got an informed approximation for the Tokyo gaming apocalypse if the shelves continue to dwindle at such a rate.

For that reason I'm holding on to my Ketsui and everything else too, and I'm hoping this price fluctuation means I might be able to get my hands on a suction cup! :o
The (relative) ease of tracking down such stuff right now is a blessing.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

cools

Post by cools »

EOJ wrote:The 70K one was a nearly complete boxed kit (just missing the small yellow sticker, flier, and suction cup from what I can tell - the box isn't pictured but is mentioned in the item description). It also included the promo flier.
A bare board will be within my reach soon :D
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

cools wrote:
Wahey, Cools joins the KDF! 8)

EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Skykid wrote: He's got an informed approximation for the Tokyo gaming apocalypse if the shelves continue to dwindle at such a rate.
It's all hyperbole.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

EOJ wrote:
Skykid wrote: He's got an informed approximation for the Tokyo gaming apocalypse if the shelves continue to dwindle at such a rate.
It's all hyperbole.
Ha ha, probably yeah. Time will tell eh. :wink:

=SNC=

Post by =SNC= »

Ketsui hasn't got rank like garegga or doj isn't it?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

=SNC= wrote:Ketsui hasn't got rank like garegga or doj isn't it?
Nothing has a rank like Garegga.

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Except Garegga

Valgar wrote:Rank:

No rank in Ketsui.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
JAPJAC
Banned User

Post by JAPJAC »

bcass wrote:I don't think anybody expected the port to be this good.
JAPJAC wrote:February 05, 2010, 04:11:36 AM - I have and never have had any doubt in my mind that Ketsui X360 will not disappoint. In fact, I think it has the potential to eliminate the few minor annoying flaws (bugs, choppy slowdown, graphical glitches) that the PCB has even. Here are my 10 reasons:

1. It's Ketsui.
2. DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label X360 was a disaster which was a blessing for Ketsui X360.
3. Soukyugurentai for the Sega Saturn had Electronic Arts on the box.
4. Ketsui DS was remarkable for what it was.
5. Everyone involved clearly REALLY cares.
6. The obscene delays shows that they are being so careful.
7. Ketsui is Cave's least slowdown reliant title making for an easier task surely.
8. It's Ketsui.
9. Ketsui is Cave's pièce de résistance (IMO).
10. I've played the first level and I thought it was blinding.
:roll:
http://www.japjac.proboards58.com/
http://www.youtube.com/japjac

1989 UK Japanese Mega Drive Thunder Force II MD Champion.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Only ONE of them expected it to be this good. Only ONE, only the FIRST ONE. Only the FIRST ONE knew how good it really was, from the very start, from day one on of course!

HAIL TO THE FIRST ONE!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

cools

Post by cools »

Skykid wrote:
cools wrote:
Wahey, Cools joins the KDF! 8)
Sometime this year, certainly.

I'll need a Galuda again too..
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

He never stops surprising me (in a bad way)
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

lmagus wrote:He never stops surprising me (in a bad way)
It's always lonely at the top.
Dragoforce

Post by Dragoforce »

Jockel wrote:
lmagus wrote:He never stops surprising me (in a bad way)
It's always lonely at the top.
I was about to say that at least he got a nice view up there. But since he only seems to looking at his own left hand, his dead forum and stolen display boxes I retract that statement.
Swedish shmup community - stgfan.com
Do not be afraid...
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

Skykid wrote:Image

Jesus H, what did this guy do!
RGC

Post by RGC »

At the top, telling you so since day one.
RonanN1

Post by RonanN1 »

Hello.

Guys, I have some questions. I search the forums and did not find any answers (if they are any and I did not search well please excuse me and I will be glad if you can point me to some discussions).

I'm not a GOD of shmups I'm just a huge fan :) So pelase bare with me...

The achievements guide that I read is this - http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=24786

Here are my problems/questions:

エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム撃破 (120)
Destroy True Last Boss Evaccaneer Doom
Oki. So I understand what I have to do (I have face many True Last Bosses in other shmups) but this one dosen't appear. Do I have to do something special? I just play Arcade Mode...and reach the last boss with one credit. Beat him and nothing else. To I have to wait some time?...

All Your Base… (10)
Make it through the reverse-scrolling section of Stage 5 without dying a total of 10 times
...dosen't this have a japanese name? Like the other achievements? And ahet is the reverse-scrolling section of Stage 5? I finish stage 5 without loosing 10 lives and nothing (can you please tell me the japanese name of the achievement, maby I already have it.

And my final question. When will I get all the options unlock in the EX option menu? I have three now. Loop, Ketsui Bomb and Continue at Doom. My total play time (for now) is 5:32:31 and I have 496/1000.

*p.s.

Another small one: What's Continue at Doom? I play with it ON and notning happend. I play with it OFF and nothing happend (i'm confused).

Thank you for your (future) answers.

*p.s. 2

Here is a video, that I found, for:
ケツイボム (20)
Turn Ketsui Bomb on in the EX options and hope you manage to luck into bouncing a bomb around the screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTtSgko1 ... FhAi0IkwBQ
suici.de/euphoria