Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PsychoGun
Banned User

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by PsychoGun »

So the 5:4 ratio looks better in TATE?

I noticed Mushi Futari looked kind of blurry when I filled the screen in TATE with the zoom from the 4:3 mode.
Travellinman

Post by Travellinman »

Just a short question, because I could (surprisingly) not find an answer in the whole web:

What do I have to do to get a score into the online leaderboards?

I've played "Record Replay" (whatever it is and why ever it is called "REplay" because it starts a new game...?!) and "Xbox Live Game" - both in Arcade mode so far. But I was not able to find any of my scores submitted to the online leaderboards.
Unfortunately I don't understand any japanese so I can't tell what the information messages told me.

I supposed I had to choose "Xbox Live Game" to get a score in the leaderboards..?! And what is "Record REplay" ?

Thanks for any clarifying words,
Trav
bcass

Post by bcass »

What are your best scores? The Ketsui leaderboards only store the best 999 scores for each mode.
Travellinman

Post by Travellinman »

bcass wrote:What are your best scores? The Ketsui leaderboards only store the best 999 scores for each mode.
Wow, that's ridiculous and makes the idea of a "Friends" leaderboard quite absurd! :-( Thanks for the info.

Could anyone please tell me what the difference between normal Play, Record Replay and Xbox Live is??!
bcass

Post by bcass »

Normal play is just for local scores, where all settings can be altered, like difficulty. Record replay is for watching your own saved or downloaded replays from the leaderboards. Xbox live play is when you want to play with default settings for a chance to get your score onto the leaderboards.

It's very unusual that this release has a max of 999 leaderboard entries. I've not seen such a limit in any other Xbox 360 game. It shouldn't be that difficult getting onto the leaderboards though. I'm on both sets of leaderboards, and I'm not that great at the game.
Travellinman

Post by Travellinman »

bcass wrote:Normal play is just for local scores, where all settings can be altered, like difficulty. Record replay is for watching your own saved or downloaded replays from the leaderboards. Xbox live play is when you want to play with default settings for a chance to get your score onto the leaderboards.

It's very unusual that this release has a max of 999 leaderboard entries. I've not seen such a limit in any other Xbox 360 game. It shouldn't be that difficult getting onto the leaderboards though. I'm on both sets of leaderboards, and I'm not that great at the game.
But if I choose "Record Replay" it starts a game instead of giving me a list with replays or empty entries so far, respectively. ?!? Whatever, so "Xbox Live Game" is the mode to go... just like "Score Attack" in the other games. K.

Greetings,
Trav
bcass

Post by bcass »

Record Replay must be the mode you have to select to record a replay then.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I always use "Record replay", because it always shows "insert coin", continue is disabled and if it's a good run, you will never have to wish that you could have recorded it. :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
HamidoOs

Post by HamidoOs »

How can I upload my replays? It's not like I'm at the top of the leaderboard or I'm a pro player or something, but... just in case... :mrgreen:
---------------
Dead inside.
---------------
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

I think if you just choose Xbox Live game, it does so automatically if you make the leaderboards.

Btw, I think I'm getting this game down more now that I'm actually putting some time into it. I can pretty consistently make it to Stage 5, and I've got a lot of the Stage 4 boss patterns down. Now if I could avoid dying stupidly early on, I might have a chance at a 1cc :mrgreen:
NzzpNzzp

Post by NzzpNzzp »

bcass wrote:It's very unusual that this release has a max of 999 leaderboard entries. I've not seen such a limit in any other Xbox 360 game. It shouldn't be that difficult getting onto the leaderboards though. I'm on both sets of leaderboards, and I'm not that great at the game.
Yeah, there are people on there who didn't even make it to stage 3. I've had the game for like a day and I'm already in the top 300 for Panzer Jager no loop. Getting on will not be hard.
HamidoOs

Post by HamidoOs »

drunkninja24 wrote:I think if you just choose Xbox Live game, it does so automatically if you make the leaderboards.
No, it doesn't.
Or, since I can't read Japanese, it probably asks if I want to upload the replay and I skip it. Can anyone help?
---------------
Dead inside.
---------------
NzzpNzzp

Post by NzzpNzzp »

Top 100 only.

Just get to the Ura loop, there's barely any competition there, so you should be able to easily get a high ranked spot.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

I finally improved my picture as far as Ketsui on the 360 is concerned. I have a Sony KDS-50A2020, and I found my overscan settings buried in my service menu. I eliminated overscan on my HDMI inputs (this was to hook up a PC initially).

Now I can set the overscan setting in Ketsui to 100%, and with the smoothing set to bicubic, I don't seem to see that weird scaling artifact anymore. DOJ is now at 100% scaling as well.

On the off-chance that anyone else here has the same TV, I can explain the steps I took, if needed.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I was actually running Ketsui on a VGA monitor at MAGFest over the weekend. I had started off setting it to 100%, but later on it was set to 93% and using the monitor's controls to stretch the window to full screen display-side. On Nearest Neighbor this pretty much gives a dot to dot upscale, save for a few odd rows (a necessity due to the non-square pixels source pixel aspect). If there were scanlines it would have looked pretty much like the candy cabs sitting a few meters away.
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do you practice the 2nd loops in stage select mode ?

Thanks
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Sorry total.noob question
On 360.does it have continues?
It offers me chance to continue but I press all the obvious buttons to no avail urgh

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

dmk1198 wrote:Sorry total.noob question
On 360.does it have continues?
It offers me chance to continue but I press all the obvious buttons to no avail urgh

Sorry realised 2 Nd disc has free play!
Cheers enjoyed my hour or two playing both versions