The Pre-order updates thread! (Region free crap welcome too)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

Are you tired of having to put up with these irrelevant posts and welcome this thread?

No, I take this thread as a personal insult. Now Die. Screaming.
19%
Yes, thanks for doing this, I've been thinking about it myself.
47%
What are pre-orders, are they region free?
35%

Total votes: 200

Kron

Re: The Pre-order updates thread! (Region free crap welcome too)

Post by Kron »

Videogameimports.com have just updated the main page with a new message...

URGENT: If you ordered Espgaluda II by PHONE after Feb. 22nd please contact us as soon as possible, as we're having computer problems!
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Kron wrote:Videogameimports.com have just updated the main page with a new message...

URGENT: If you ordered Espgaluda II by PHONE after Feb. 22nd please contact us as soon as possible, as we're having computer problems!
I love that. Just when I start to think how shitty PA is, now we've got this.
By the way it looks like PA it is starting to send Espgaluda II randomly. My "preparing order status" hasn't change since Sunday, and some of my friends have just got since yesterady "shipped". I just can't understand it.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

From NCSX:

UPS Shipment Delay
«©NCSX» When shipping "Express" packages from Japan, we tend to hope for quick delivery. Speed is the reason why the going rate for UPS Worldwide Express is what it is compared to a service like EMS which costs about 1/3 less and delivers 3 days later. Yesterday, the following tracking result popped up on all of our UPS shipments from multiple Japanese vendors:

COMPUTER SYSTEM BREAKDOWN-PACKAGE DATA PROCESSING NOT POSSIBLE-NO CONNECTION TO CUSTOMS SYSTEM / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

Maybe it was an erroneous message so we spoke to a UPS representative and pointed out the error message to him. He'd never seen such a message in his entire life. He sounded like an old dude too. His supervisor who had "seen it all" hadn't seen that message before either. In the two decades that NCS has shipped with UPS, that message has never appeared on any of our packages. Guess it was about time that it did appear and it was great that it happened on the day that some of our biggest shipments of the year were trying to escape from Japan.

We're disappointed. Tonight was supposed to be "Espgaluda II Night NYC." As of right now, it looks more like "Frozen TV Dinner Night 2010." The fare will include greasy Salisbury steak, congealed gravy, and mushy peas. If we're lucky, the dessert brownie will have a rock baked into it.

As of this morning, the shipments are on the way but they're a day late and won't arrive until tomorrow. If there isn't any further botching of shipments, all preorders for Espgaluda II (Regular and Limited Edition) will ship out tomorrow along with preorders for the other new releases including PSP BlazBlue Portable, PSP Kenka Banchou 4, etc.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

That's amusing enough that I don't even care if it's a day late.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I had upped my shipping to 2 day, hoping to get it this week, and now i'm probably just going to have to wait until Monday.

Damn.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

I don't really expect my copy of the game until sometime in early March anyway :p
Kron

Post by Kron »

Phellan Wolf wrote: By the way it looks like PA it is starting to send Espgaluda II randomly. My "preparing order status" hasn't change since Sunday, and some of my friends have just got since yesterady "shipped". I just can't understand it.
I think they must pull the numbers out of a hat as they certainly don't seem do it by order number.
TLB

Post by TLB »

shmup-o wrote:
m3tall1ca wrote:HEI GUISE GESS WHT MY PRIORDR IS GUNA TAKE ANOTHER DAY BECAUSE THE JSAPS ARE BEING SJASPS AGAINA ND THEIR TAKING 2 LONG
So people come and post about pre-orders in the pre-order specific thread and that is wrong how? Take your 8 year old humor to GameFaqs where it belongs.
IM SRS, I GUT MEIN FRUM NCS-ECKS, BUT EYE'M OBLIGADED 2 RITE LIK THIS IN THS THRED BKZ OF A PAKT I MADE AT ITS CONSEPTEYUN.

i really don't care that it's delayed anyway; i've still got to play futari in my precious spare time
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Give it up man. Jesus.
TLB

Post by TLB »

evil_ash_xero wrote:Give it up man. Jesus.
NOE

seriously, i would if i could.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Well, it's a free country, I guess.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

evil_ash_xero wrote:man
O RLY?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
TLB

Post by TLB »

emphatic wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:man
O RLY?
NO

WMN
nZero

Post by nZero »

Please stop spamming the spam thread so that people will use it and not spam the non-spam threads with pre-order/region-free spam.

... spam.
TLB

Post by TLB »

There, now I'm free. Thank you, nZero.

In other news, NCSX wouldn't let me pay with pay pal (?). I had to order with my check card. Do they not do the whole pay pal thing anymore?
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

2dvertical wrote:Ordered esp2. from PA. How is this slowdown in this game compared to futari?
It shouldn't be as bad as Futari because the Hong Kong post isn't as tied up now.

:D
I like having a spam thread.

Also my PA order is "preparing".
RGC

Post by RGC »

Mine was shipped today. For those of you climbing the walls to play this, like yesterday please, think I'll leave it a couple of weeks before bothering to play it. Remember, you heard it here FIRST.
TLB

Post by TLB »

RGC wrote:Mine was shipped today. For those of you climbing the walls to play this, like yesterday please, think I'll leave it a couple of weeks before bothering to play it. Remember, you heard it here FIRST.
Well, I'll just do what you were doing in your avatar, then.

I want an email from NCSX telling me they've sent my package.

It's cold down there without it.
shmup-o

Post by shmup-o »

RGC wrote:Mine was shipped today. For those of you climbing the walls to play this, like yesterday please, think I'll leave it a couple of weeks before bothering to play it. Remember, you heard it here FIRST.
Shoot, I don't have a 360 to play it on yet, I was just wondering when it's going to show up :).
RGC

Post by RGC »

^I was in the same situation with Futari, and due to its region lock still am in that situation with the Smiles.

Still hasn't arrived by the way. Glad to be a part of this spam-fest. :)
m3tall1ca wrote:Well, I'll just do what you were doing in your avatar, then.
Mute brain, engage alcohol. ;)
TLB

Post by TLB »

RGC wrote:^I was in the same situation with Futari, and due to its region lock still am in that situation with the Smiles.

Still hasn't arrived by the way. Glad to be a part of this spam-fest. :)
m3tall1ca wrote:Well, I'll just do what you were doing in your avatar, then.
Mute brain, engage alcohol. ;)
Keystone Light's all I've got, but it does the job.

Default shipping from NCSX is 3-5 days, IIRC, so hopefully I'll have it by Monday or Doozday. Not like I even care about it to play it right away, I just want the damn thing in my hands.
NR777

Post by NR777 »

<spam>Mine shipped today.</spam>
Jockel wrote:I could never play on a screen that's smaller than my dick.
serious internet is serious
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

evil_ash_xero wrote:COMPUTER SYSTEM BREAKDOWN-PACKAGE DATA PROCESSING NOT POSSIBLE-NO CONNECTION TO CUSTOMS SYSTEM / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
Well, I'm sure it's just a temporary delay and things will start moving again tomorrow.

(4 weeks later and UPS still has their head up their ass)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Amazing we're on the 25th of April and still in preparing order since Sunday and in Hong Kong it is near the 26th. Shitty Play Asia it is the last time I preorder something with them. From now on I will stick with amiami.Now I understand a little bit better the feelings regarding chinese that have japanese people.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

If it was the 25th of April we would all be playing Ketsui.

Also all these delays with videoimportswhatever and NCSX - seriously? I'm so glad I went with amiami, even if they haven't sent it yet.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
krokodil_final

Post by krokodil_final »

Wow PA manged to ship mine. A friend's, who ordered later than me, was shipped yesterday ...
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Mine was shipped yesterday as well (also to Germany), but UPS rescheduled today for delivery on monday only.
krokodil_final

Post by krokodil_final »

Someone else here who can't get to the mailtracking-site of hongkongpost? Getting an error message all the time, like site is missing. :/
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

krokodil_final wrote:Wow PA manged to ship mine. A friend's, who ordered later than me, was shipped yesterday ...
Yeah mine only just shipped. If I don't get the OST they will get more nasty emails and won't get any more business.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

So finally the jerks at playasia have shipped my LE. I gues that when the SE was announced as region free they got a lot of cancels for the LE, so in order to avoid future cancelations they put on preparing order the rest. It is just a guess and only 10 days to get my copy. I can't wait, but I have learned a lesson and from now on amiami will be import shop.