NeoGeo/Dreamcast/iPhone Shooter Fast Striker by NG:DEV Team

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
burgerkingdiamond

Re: New Neo Geo / Dreamcast Shooter Fast Striker by NG:DEV Team

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

by old school jump n shoot do you mean like Contra? Is it still under wraps? I don't see anything about it on your site.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
RHE

Post by RHE »

Nah... it basically will be 8-way scrolling action adventure game. With a quite big world to explore. The term Jump N Shoot seem to be misleading after all. However more on this once Fast Striker DC is released. :)
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

Just preordered the game. Really looking forward to this! :)
THE

Post by THE »

As no one here is on our newsletter :|

NG:DEV.TEAM NEWSLETTER

Dear customers,

due to popular demand from the Japanese arcade scene we decided to provide a free software update to Fast Striker for MVS.

The new version features a new game mode called OMAKE. This mode was optimized for Japanese shooting game players and to provide more income for arcade operators. The difficulty was raised to be on par with Japanese competitors on the market.

The OMAKE mode is based on MANIAC mode, but features around 8 times more bullets, more enemies and new attack patterns. The maximum chain counter was raised from 2047 to 4095 to provide more room in improvement for skilled players. Additionally auto-fire was added on 'D'-Button.

A video can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLLLuItLS8&fmt=35

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

To receive the free update please contact our customer service at info ät ngdevteam.com and provide the serial number of your Fast Striker cartridges. The update files and instruction will be sent by email to you.

Best regards,
Timm Hellwig
CEO
NG:DEV.TEAM
Last edited by THE on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The future is 2D
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Cool. Any chance this mode will be on the DC port?
antron

Post by antron »

THE wrote:As no one here is on our newsletter :|

I'm on it, but I thought I would let you explain this. I'm really just waiting for the DC release announcement.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

drunkninja24 wrote:Cool. Any chance this mode will be on the DC port?
From the Fast Striker thread at Cave STG
THE wrote:
cstarflare wrote:
THE wrote:We are currently working on a 1.5v with a fourth more danmaku like game mode.
Will this be included in the DC port?
Yes
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
THE

Post by THE »

Dear customers,

インターネットランキング対応: スコアをアップロードして世界中のプレイヤーに挑戦しよう http://ranking.ngdevteam.com/

finally our new NG:DEV.TEAM high-score ranking website is online.
It's designed to provide score competition for all our current and future games.

http://ranking.ngdevteam.com

See you there and have fun posting your scores and aim for the top!

Best regards,
NG:DEV.TEAM
The future is 2D
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Whats the likelihood of you guys releasing MVS for consumers again? If so when-ish?

:)
rancor

Post by rancor »

WTF?! Is the DC version gonna utilize the BB adapter to get online and post scores?! :shock: That is gonna be WICKED if true. Finally something to use my broadband modem for (hopefully). :D
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

rancor wrote:WTF?! Is the DC version gonna utilize the BB adapter to get online and post scores?! :shock: That is gonna be WICKED if true. Finally something to use my broadband modem for (hopefully). :D
No, instead you'll see a CODE after you've entered your score locally that you can submit to the online leaderboards.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
gatsu25

Post by gatsu25 »

Will there be any vendors in Japan that will carry the Dreamcast version when it is released? Maybe even the LE? It sounds like a weird question, but I purchased Last Hope here new about 4 years ago now.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

THE wrote:As no one here is on our newsletter :|

NG:DEV.TEAM NEWSLETTER

Dear customers,

due to popular demand from the Japanese arcade scene we decided to provide a free software update to Fast Striker for MVS.

The new version features a new game mode called OMAKE. This mode was optimized for Japanese shooting game players and to provide more income for arcade operators. The difficulty was raised to be on par with Japanese competitors on the market.

The OMAKE mode is based on MANIAC mode, but features around 8 times more bullets, more enemies and new attack patterns. The maximum chain counter was raised from 2047 to 4095 to provide more room in improvement for skilled players. Additionally auto-fire was added on 'D'-Button.
Is there really demand for this? Can gaijin really make an impact on the Japanese shmups scene? Will maniacs like Clover-TAC start playing Fast Striker? Stay tuned!
SWY: Games are just for fun
Endymion

Post by Endymion »

emphatic wrote:
rancor wrote:WTF?! Is the DC version gonna utilize the BB adapter to get online and post scores?! :shock: That is gonna be WICKED if true. Finally something to use my broadband modem for (hopefully). :D
No, instead you'll see a CODE after you've entered your score locally that you can submit to the online leaderboards.
Bummer. I know not everybody has the BBA but it would have been nice to see it have another use after so long.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Hey Hellwig Brothers, i recall you guys telling me how hard it was to cram all bullets of the TLB into the game,
using some tricks with layers to get them all to appear at once.
So how did you pull this new mode off? Some new technical breakthrough? 8)
THE

Post by THE »

Jockel wrote:Hey Hellwig Brothers, i recall you guys telling me how hard it was to cram all bullets of the TLB into the game,
using some tricks with layers to get them all to appear at once.
So how did you pull this new mode off? Some new technical breakthrough? 8)
Well, we had the idea a long time ago. But it didn't seem possible and we thought that the game could be to difficult for most NEO GEO and DC customers. Most of them doesn't seem to like Danmaku and Maniac shmups...
But while I ported the DC version I noticed that it run without slowdown at all on DC, regardless what I throw on screen... So I wondered how much bullets I could do on my beloved NEO GEO 8) ...so it started.
To pull this off some BG graphic needed to be reduced to eliminate sprite flicker. As we already had single layer versions of some BGs in the graphic ROM it was no big deal. The engine needed some improvements too, but it was possible. There were versions with even more bullets and enemies in it, but it was to much for the Japanese beta testers ^^; I'm quite happy with it, in a fun way more is only possible in tate...
The future is 2D
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

I think that your first TATE shmup will be very good if you hold on to the patterns etc that's included in the Omake version.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

emphatic wrote:I think that your first TATE shmup will be very good if you hold on to the patterns etc that's included in the Omake version.
I think so too. I would love to see a new TATE shmup on DC. And I like that you release it to Dreamcast, keep it alive 8)
rancor

Post by rancor »

I saw this book on the stands a few days ago and was wondering if it might be useful for the challenges of creating bullet-patterns, etc.

Shooting Game Algorithms:

http://tinyurl.com/24qt4w25
THE

Post by THE »

Fast Striker MVS 1.5 is now playable at Jack & Betty Arcade in Japan/Tokyo
http://www.g-sen.net/lb_shop.php/4627/
http://bit.ly/eWVO2u

高速ストライカー 1.5がJACK&BETTY神田店にて稼働開始!
http://www.g-sen.net/lb_shop.php/4627/

The future is 2D
rancor

Post by rancor »

Awesome. I'm going on an arcade tour tomorrow - I'll be sure to check out Jack and Betty.. Haven't heard of that one before. Hopefully they have it set at 50 yen rather than 100 as from the pics it looks like (ahem) a "cheaper" area.. Playing FS at TRY is killing my disposable income.. :wink:
THE

Post by THE »

@Rancor
According to this blog it's under a train area or something :P
http://fnacco.blog45.fc2.com/

And get some scores on here: http://ranking.ngdevteam.com/

Btw. thanks for the Rapid Fire JAMMA Adapter!
The future is 2D
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

rancor wrote:I saw this book on the stands a few days ago and was wondering if it might be useful for the challenges of creating bullet-patterns, etc.

Shooting Game Algorithms:

http://tinyurl.com/24qt4w25
Very interesting, but the TinyURL is broken.

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog
hipgnosis

Post by hipgnosis »

So THE can you tell me how limited is that Limited Edition? Thinking about preordering one.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I just got to try this out about a block from my house at someones art studio, totally random situation, I'm still somewhat in disbelief..

Really fun game, wish I knew what I was doing though, made it to stage 2 on maniac using just the forward shot and laser. Really pumped for this to arrive on DC, maybe I'll get some more practice before then!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
THE

Post by THE »

Achtung! Press release:

Fast Striker 1.5 for Dreamcast™ is gone gold. A bullet hell 2D Shoot 'Em Up for Dreamcast™.

For Immediate Release
Hannover – December 8th,2010
NG:DEV.TEAM, Germany based game developer announces that Fast Striker 1.5 for Sega Dreamcast™ is gone gold.
Both Fast Striker 1.5 Regular Edition and Fast Striker 1.5 Limited Edition will be released on 2010-12-21.

About FAST STRIKER 1.5
FAST STRIKER (URL: http://www.faststriker.com) is a 2D bullet hell arcade shooting game with emphasis on scoring
originally developed for NEO·GEO™. The game lets the player choose between 4 game modes with different scoring
systems and difficulty.
NOVICE Mode for beginners, ORIGINAL Mode for classic Shoot' em Up players, MANIAC
Mode for experienced players and OMAKE Mode for experts. It features six stages of excellent 2D arcade game play
with over 40 unique enemy types, super smooth 3D scrolling backgrounds, huge CGI bosses.
Fast Striker is considered the most advance NEO·GEO™ game ever. It features with 1560 MEGS the biggest megabit count ever since the beginning of NEO·GEO™ games and has 4 times more bullets and enemies on screen than every NEO·GEO™ game before.
Since October 2010, Fast Striker is available in several Japanese Game Centers in Tokyo/Japan such like the famous
Try Tower Arcade in Akihabara.

Fast Striker 1.5 Limited Edition features an additionally soundtrack CD with original and arranged music tracks. The soundtrack includes 4 exclusive tracks.
The Dreamcast version Fast Striker 1.5 includes a new game mode called OMAKE

Videos:
New OMAKE mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLLLuItLS8&fmt=35
Normal game modes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr96liMQIis&fmt=35

Key Features
Game:
• 6 carefully designed stages
• 4 game modes: Novice/Original/Maniac/Omake (sorted by difficulty)
• Maniac/Omake mode offers an elaborate scoring system with enough depth to provide hundreds of hours
playtime
• Up to 180 enemy bullets simultaneously on screen
• 40+ fully animated CGI enemies
• 6+ huge fully animated boss enemies
• 3D scrolling CGI backgrounds
• Constant 60 fps
• Dynamic difficulty rank system which kicks in for experienced players
• Internet ranking via code http://ranking.ngdevteam.com/
• The original soundtrack offers 17 tracks with 25 minutes of melodic ambient tunes and psychedelic trance
beats to suite the on screen action.
• The arranged soundtrack of the Limited Edition offers 21 tracks with 52 minutes.
Accessories (Dreamcast™) :
• VMU
• VGA
• Original pad
• Arcade stick

Content of Orignal Soundtrack / Arrange Soundtrack / Only included in Fast Striker DC Limited Edition
Original
01 Main Title 3:04
02 City Blues 3:48
03 City Guard 1:16
04 Shakedown 3:08
05 Geigaz 2:19
06 Tracklights 3:34
07 Rugan 2:15
08 Space Zone 3:48
09 Magnandu 2:05
10 Mesma 2:42
11 Ruckzuck 1:50
12 Hypno 3:05
13 Guardian 2:22
14 Mesmerizer 2:24
15 Hypnotizer 1:54
16 Game Over 0:46
17 Credits 3:55

Bonus / Arrange

18 Hard Boss 1:10
19 Space Melody 2:44
20 Happy Striker 3:11
21 3rd Eyesight 2:40

Playtime: 54:06 minutes
The future is 2D
antron

Post by antron »

Awesome! I'm just seeing preorder on your page and play-asia but I guess that is about to change.

Will we get it faster if we order direct vs play-asia?

Thanks for the new game!
THE

Post by THE »

antron wrote:Awesome! I'm just seeing preorder on your page and play-asia but I guess that is about to change.

Will we get it faster if we order direct vs play-asia?

Thanks for the new game!
Direct at http://www.ngdevdirect.com/ is always faster. If you order at PA, we will first need to ship the games from Germany to HK and then from HK to USA. Plus if you order at our store, we get more $$$ :mrgreen:
The future is 2D
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Can't wait to play it I really really wish the mvs version was more affordable I'd snap it up in a heartbeat
THE

Post by THE »

The future is 2D