Gigawing Generations Type X Auto fire

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ratsflif

Gigawing Generations Type X Auto fire

Post by ratsflif »

Hey,

Does anyone know how to enable the 3rd button (auto fire) in the Type X Gigawing Generations? Im in the service menu but I can't read Japanese, I have figured a few settings out but cannot find the one to enable the 3rd button.

Thanks
third_strike

Re: Gigawing Generations Type X Auto fire

Post by third_strike »

Up
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

As far as I know, none of the Giga Wing games had a button 3 for autofire like CAVE's games have. You always had to setup autofire externally by mapping Button 1 on a rapid input, and I believe the same is true of Giga Wing Generations. The console ports had autofire buttons though.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:You always had to setup autofire externally by mapping Button 1 on a rapid input,
I think it's impossible to do this using the Taito Type X loader. Or is it?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I think you might have to use Joy-to-Key as an external "controller" which will allow you to map the same input to two different keys, and route those keys to two different buttons on your pad.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Yeah, this is how I do it. Autohotkey works if you enjoy the keyboard, and JoyToKey works if you're using a stick or controller. Here's the AutoHotKey script I use (button 1 = X, button 2 = Z):
Spoiler
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#HotkeyInterval 3000
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 300
$*RCtrl::x
$*c::
While GetKeyState("c","P")
If GetKeyState("x","P")
{
send {x down}
}
else
{
send {x down}
sleep 3
send {x up}
sleep 75
}
return
Just tested, and yeah, there's no third button in this game, nothing in the tutorial or options allows you to use button 3 for rapid fire. I suspect the poster who made the original thread simply assumed it was like CAVE games where you had to enable button 3, but that isn't the case.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Thanks for the answers guys! I use a stick and will see what I can do, but I don't know these programs and my scripting skills are nil.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

JoyToKey is exceptionally easy to setup. Setup your keyboard controls, go to JoyToKey with the controller plugged in, and press a button. It'll highlight the button it's detecting you're pressing. Click on it, and press a key to assign that key to that button, so it'll send that keyboard input whenever the button, stick, etc are pressed. For the rapid fire button, just set it to be same key as the shot button, but with the option highlighted to send the key 5 times per second or such. Leave the JoyToKey window open and run the game and you're set. It's quite easy, and unlike AutoHotKey there's zero scripting involved for autofire.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

And it works fine :mrgreen: , thank you guys, you are the bests!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Glad to hear it's working, hope you have fun with it. <3