Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ptoing

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by ptoing »

I just bought it via rancor. I think those are the re-issues. And while the .exe is called CrimzonClover100.exe the Sh_v101patch.jojo is already there and it says 1.01 in game and in the start window.

So yeah, I guess the reissue is patched already.
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

Ok. Perfect. I thought I missed something here…
1up

Post by 1up »

ptoing wrote:I just bought it via rancor. I think those are the re-issues. And while the .exe is called CrimzonClover100.exe the Sh_v101patch.jojo is already there and it says 1.01 in game and in the start window.

So yeah, I guess the reissue is patched already.
Mine is like this too. Also bought from rancor about 4-5 months ago.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I'm finally getting a copy! Very excited, been wanting to play this for a while, just need to get my Mac configured and get a compatible stick sorted. Perhaps I'll get around to finally modding my mayflash which I tore apart years ago and never completed.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Crimzon Clover CD-Rom disc I got awhile back still has the 1.0 version as stated on the title screen. Good to learn that the later re-issued CC disc came already patched.

It'd sure be nice to properly play CC in tate mode with the PC version (like the later arcade port).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

Sorry to bump this topic - but i couldn't find an answer with search.

Does anybody know what the third option in the launcher of the game does? The first one is resolution, second is bitrate, but what does the third one do?

Thanks in advance.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Vert sinc
*On (input lag possible)
*Off (input lag free, but screen tearing posible)
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

KAI wrote:Vert sinc
*On (input lag possible)
*Off (input lag free, but screen tearing posible)
<3
Gingerzilla

Crimson Clover

Post by Gingerzilla »

Perhaps it has been answered and I'm being lazy not finding it. But has there been any news on a X-Box 360 (JPN) disc release of Crimson Clover?

(mod edit - merged with main CC thread)
ciox

Re: Crimson Clover

Post by ciox »

Not really, you would check this blog for that type of news, nothing but updates on the Nesica ver for now http://yotsubane.blog99.fc2.com/
No idea what's going on with "Garukilla" either.
abcabcabc339

Post by abcabcabc339 »

Anyone know how to play in full screen? #2 distorts, and #3 has weird black border.
Zeether wrote:
Udderdude wrote:360 port when? :3
PC port when? Screw 360.

Seriously, why the hell hasn't the company Nyu Media said had CC come out and said anything? Did they end up having to drop it because of this or was it delayed or something? I really want to buy this game legit without having to import the damn thing! I bet it's stuck in rights hell now that the creator decided to put it on Nesica and Taito owns it and because of that whatever company got it can't release it or some other crap.
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

abcabcabc339 wrote:Anyone know how to play in full screen? #2 distorts, and #3 has weird black border.
The black border is there to maintain aspect ratio. If you don't want the black bar, choose the 2nd option.
abcabcabc339

Post by abcabcabc339 »

shmuppyLove wrote:
abcabcabc339 wrote:Anyone know how to play in full screen? #2 distorts, and #3 has weird black border.
The black border is there to maintain aspect ratio. If you don't want the black bar, choose the 2nd option.
#3 still looks somewhat distorted compared to #1. Could be wrong. Will measure later.
Iori Branford

Post by Iori Branford »

Either the monitor or the graphics driver should have a "keep original aspect" option and that should make #2 work properly.
It may not if either device is too new+cheap to accept 640x480 resolution, in which case try making a profile for the game in dxwnd with Position set to "Desktop".
abcabcabc339

Post by abcabcabc339 »

^that didn't work for me.

I found a fix for nvidia drivers.

Nvidia control panel _ Adjust desktop size and position _ Scaling _ Aspect ratio, Perform scaling on GPU (!), Override scaling mode set by games and programs (!),

Then selection #3 should work as intended.

The options marked (!) were the ones I changed to get the result, I'm guessing the second one was the important one.
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

Just got this from rancor. I'm having some trouble with hitching. With vsync enabled, it stutters every second or so. With vsync disabled, the game runs in slow motion.

One odd thing is the framerate hovers around 57-58 instead of a solid 60. I have a modern PC with an NVIDIA GTX760, so I'm not sure what's causing it. It works the same way in windowed and fullscreen mode. I've disconnected all my USB peripherals and closed all the applications I could think of, but there's no conflict there.

I went back and tried the web demo. I still notice it hitching, but a lot less than the full game.

Any ideas? Some sort of compatability mode setting? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

Is it picky to say I'm disappointed they changed the main menu music from the v0.20 web trial to the full release? I really liked those opening notes.
Enemy

Post by Enemy »

Tim James wrote:Just got this from rancor. I'm having some trouble with hitching. With vsync enabled, it stutters every second or so. With vsync disabled, the game runs in slow motion.

One odd thing is the framerate hovers around 57-58 instead of a solid 60. I have a modern PC with an NVIDIA GTX760, so I'm not sure what's causing it. It works the same way in windowed and fullscreen mode. I've disconnected all my USB peripherals and closed all the applications I could think of, but there's no conflict there.

I went back and tried the web demo. I still notice it hitching, but a lot less than the full game.

Any ideas? Some sort of compatability mode setting? I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.
used to do this with me on an old pc i had from time to time, would display at 58 fps and not 60fps, when i reset my pc it would seem to sort it and be back to displaying at 60fps and smooth. no idea why it did it, hopefully someone else can tell you a more concrete way of sorting it.
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

Enemy wrote:used to do this with me on an old pc i had from time to time, would display at 58 fps and not 60fps, when i reset my pc it would seem to sort it and be back to displaying at 60fps and smooth. no idea why it did it, hopefully someone else can tell you a more concrete way of sorting it.
This was an older post waiting in the moderation queue. I thought I had fixed it from the suggestion in another thread to run it under the Japanese locale using AppLocale. But now I wonder if it was as simple as rebooting! I probably hadn't done so in a while. It seems to hold 60 even without AppLocale. Hah. Well, at least it works.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Enemy wrote:used to do this with me on an old pc i had from time to time, would display at 58 fps and not 60fps, when i reset my pc it would seem to sort it and be back to displaying at 60fps and smooth. no idea why it did it, hopefully someone else can tell you a more concrete way of sorting it.
had the same issue on my new pc, the game would run worse and worse the longer the pc was on
arcade-stg

Post by arcade-stg »

Because of this thread, now CC is on my VLX:

Thank you guys, I am enjoying this game a lot :)
A piece of Akihabara in your Home?
http://akihabarainhome.com
Gingerzilla

Post by Gingerzilla »

@arcade-stg
Sweet VLX. I was planning this for my next purchase. BTW What setup do you run inside it.
arcade-stg

Post by arcade-stg »

Gingerzilla,

right now the VLX has a regular pc inside to run CC. My next step is to upgrade it to a Type X2 with a custom HDD for CC.

BTW, if you plan to buy a VLX, maybe this thread helps you. It is a comparision table of the VLX models:
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27246
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

You should do something to that scaling; crimzon clover should be 4:3
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

yep, Crimzon Clover IS 4:3 !
arcade-stg

Post by arcade-stg »

TATE insidie YOKO plus 4:3 :? I must check the launcher options.
Thank you for the heads up :)
BubbaMc

Post by BubbaMc »

Trying to run the trial however the menu selection keeps scrolling down as though someone is pressing the down arrow key.

Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it?

Cheers
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

Hm, do you have any joypads/sticks plugged in which have analog input and are maybe not properly calibrated? Can't think of anything else that would cause this.
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

I've had this issue with crimzon clover too. Sometimes, some button just gets "stuck", and I haven't found a way to fix it other than a restart. It's weird
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Hi there someone knows where to find a copy of the game?? Looks like its near impossible right now.
I've checked Rancor website but not a single trace of it.