Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Observer

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by Observer »

Put over 56 hours on CC so far. It's just one of those games you can fire up and play to fire and blow shit up right away, no fillers!

And, yes, it seems to be quite forgiving for newbies players too and that's part of its appeal as well. I sat my little cousins to play it several times and they couldn't believe games like this existed. All they knew so far were FPS and crappy TPS...
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

I'm doing some research for a translation, but I can't tell if it was ever verified that Yotsubane is in fact CLOVER-TAC. Does anyone know?
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

There are pictures of yotsuba and clover-tac floating around:

tac
yotsuba

I will let you draw your own conclusions.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

Thanks! That helps a lot. In this interview I'm reading, he (as CLOVER-TAC) talks about being really into Dezaemon, so it actually makes sense.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

Could anybody translate the pre-game options? The menu displays only question marks because of the language. :roll:
ciox

Post by ciox »

Acid_Rain wrote:Could anybody translate the pre-game options? The menu displays only question marks because of the language. :roll:
Check this out: http://eldominiko.deviantart.com/art/Cr ... -192132955
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

hello !

Hey today i received the game and so here are the problems (sorry if I missed the answer in the earlier pages) :oops:
So it's impossible to:

- Make my qanba q4raf on it, actually the buttons do work, but the stick isn't.
- more stranage, in the menus, it's impossible to configure anything simply because when i open any pf the options (such a key config for exemple), it's empty ! I mean like there isn't anything to choose, only REPLAY is written into all of these options from the menu.

extremely frustrating.

I also tried to configurate the stick via Joy2key, but no luck either, the stick isn't recognised. :?

Any chance to have it work ? :roll:

Thank you !
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

-S.L- wrote:hello !

Hey today i received the game and so here are the problems (sorry if I missed the answer in the earlier pages) :oops:
So it's impossible to:

- Make my qanba q4raf on it, actually the buttons do work, but the stick isn't.
- more stranage, in the menus, it's impossible to configure anything simply because when i open any pf the options (such a key config for exemple), it's empty ! I mean like there isn't anything to choose, only REPLAY is written into all of these options from the menu.

extremely frustrating.

I also tried to configurate the stick via Joy2key, but no luck either, the stick isn't recognised. :?

Any chance to have it work ? :roll:

Thank you !
Make sure you enable the option in Joy2Key to recognize POV hat switches. I didn't have any issue getting my Qanba to work this way. Alternatively, if you have the actual Qanba branded stick (not the Eightarc version), you should actually be able to press the Mode button at the top to switch the joystick to well, joystick mode in Windows, which should work natively in CC.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

You may or may not get the stick to work by hitting the "mode" button. It switches it from a POV hat to an "Analog" stick.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Gingerzilla

Post by Gingerzilla »

I was just playing it in the arcade here in Akiharbara at the Taito arcade. Was wicked. What a great Shooter. Although the Vewlix monitor was set to horizontal so it might have been bigger.
rancor

Post by rancor »

wow! Must have just been released today, because nzero and I were there yesterday looking for it. Thanks for the info! :wink:
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

I think that must be a location test because my local arcade did not have it on their cabs yet.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Barring last minute hiccups it's supposed to be coming out by the end of this month.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Wasn't able to get out to the Network test myself this weekend but impressions from my shooter friends are extremely positive.
Apparently it plays really well with almost no lag. Playable modes: Original, Boost Mode, Unlimited and Time Attack (which gives you unlimited break mode, but the difficulty and bullet speed jacks up). There are multiple control schemes that you can select which get saved to your card (you can map bomb to B and rapid fire to C etc).

In addition to the standard NESiCA leaderboards there are also in-game achievements (戦績) which are saved to your NESiCA card. Pretty nice use of the card functionality.

Anyways seems like people here are pretty excited for this game. I'm looking forward to the official release.
Last edited by adversity1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

adversity1 wrote: Time Attack (which gives you unlimited break mode, but the difficulty and bullet speed jacks up).
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Hopefully now we'll find out who has the game for overseas release on PC.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Zeether wrote:Hopefully now we'll find out who has the game for overseas release on PC.
This.

An updated version of CC would hook me up for months. :D
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

No Simple Mode? But that was the best one.
rancor

Post by rancor »

I recorded myself playing it yesterday. Sorry for the shit run, but I was alone and trying to pay attention to what the camera was seeing, dodging bullets, and dodging Taito staff. I had my iphone propped up against an ashtray and it kept falling down. :roll: Hopefully it will give you some idea of how butter-smooth this game is. Playtime is around ~5 mins.

http://youtu.be/YkaDEuZ3Hus
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

adversity1 wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/UmLelyql.jpg[/img
Playable modes: Original, Unlimited and Time Attack (which gives you unlimited break mode, but the difficulty and bullet speed jacks up).
Strange; after a location test in February, someone on NeoGAF (is that you?) said that Simple Mode was replaced with something called Boost Mode. I wonder what happened to it.
rancor wrote:I recorded myself playing it yesterday. Sorry for the shit run, but I was alone and trying to pay attention to what the camera was seeing, dodging bullets, and dodging Taito staff. I had my iphone propped up against an ashtray and it kept falling down. :roll: Hopefully it will give you some idea of how butter-smooth this game is. Playtime is around ~5 mins.

http://youtu.be/YkaDEuZ3Hus
That's awesome, thanks! :D
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

What is this "Bomb Recover !" at the end of the stage?
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Looks like they've changed the way lock-on multipliers are calculated.
Extends are given out by star item count rather than score (virtually the same thing if you play for score).
And for Type I at least, it seems that you can charge to a bomb quicker as the segment of the Break bar that gives it is smaller.
Last edited by Icarus on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

It's glorious to see Crimzon Clover with some graphical updates, a new ship and in an arcade. Wonder how much different it is from the original in terms of gameplay... also, I see some new enemy ship models, specially on stage 2.

Good bye non-scored based extends... that probably makes the game 50 or 100% harder to 1cc.
Last edited by O. Van Bruce on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Aisha wrote:
adversity1 wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/UmLelyql.jpg[/img
Playable modes: Original, Unlimited and Time Attack (which gives you unlimited break mode, but the difficulty and bullet speed jacks up).
Strange; after a location test in February, someone on NeoGAF (is that you?) said that Simple Mode was replaced with something called Boost Mode. I wonder what happened to it.
No that was me.
Boost Mode is still in as far as I can tell from Rancor's vid. I guess that makes a total of four modes?
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

I wonder if there will be a rerelease for PC with these new features and updates. Would be cool.
KAI

Post by KAI »

A new soundtrack would have been awesome, the original sux.
ciox

Post by ciox »

KAI wrote:A new soundtrack would have been awesome, the original sux.
A new soundtrack would have been awesome, the original rocks.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

KAI wrote:A new soundtrack would have been awesome, the original sux.
You don't say that a second time :evil:
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

An international PC rerelease would be awesome, but with Simple Mode added on (aswell as the original game ala Trouble Witches XBLA)

Also the dev should partner with a console STG studio and make Ps3/360 ports of it, G.rev would be the ideal candidate since they've already ported a doujin to the PSP.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

rancor wrote:dodging bullets, and dodging Taito staff
I assume that's some sort of "extra hard" mode exclusive to the arcade. ;) Either way it brings some amusing mental images to mind, heh.