Xbox 360: Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (November 2009)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Special World

Re: Xbox 360: Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (new thread)

Post by Special World »

:(

you guys make me wanna break down and buy it even though I'm worried about this stuttering issue.

Let's try this again: did anybody here with their game installed to their hard drive get stuttering or glitches when they downloaded BL?
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Special World wrote::(

you guys make me wanna break down and buy it even though I'm worried about this stuttering issue.

Let's try this again: did anybody here with their game installed to their hard drive get stuttering or glitches when they downloaded BL?
It's worth it. The stuttering isn't anything close to game-breaking. It's obnoxious when it happens, but it doesn't come anywhere close to ruining the game.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
system11

Post by system11 »

I noticed it happening only when friends come online, join/leave XBL party and so on - try turning notifications off.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Kron

Post by Kron »

Strider77 wrote:
Oh my - I forgot what an improvement Black Label is (even though I still have the PCB)
isn't it though?
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

CaptainRansom wrote:The stuttering isn't anything close to game-breaking. It's obnoxious when it happens, but it doesn't come anywhere close to ruining the game.
This depends where it happens, surely? Random half-second hiccups that are impossible to predict and somehow effect even 1.5's and Arranges' previously smooth game modes?

Hopefully there is a definite solution like a HDD install and disabled notifications, but I'm going to wait and see what more people say over time before I think about buying BL.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

WarpZone wrote:
CaptainRansom wrote:The stuttering isn't anything close to game-breaking. It's obnoxious when it happens, but it doesn't come anywhere close to ruining the game.
This depends where it happens, surely? Random half-second hiccups that are impossible to predict and somehow effect even 1.5's and Arranges' previously smooth game modes?

Hopefully there is a definite solution like a HDD install and disabled notifications, but I'm going to wait and see what more people say over time before I think about buying BL.
The hiccup is long enough that you have time to realize what is happening and accommodate for it, at least that's what happened to me before I installed the game. Now I'm not getting it and the system runs so much quieter.

Almost broke 200 million on BL Maniac. I'm really enjoying that one. I should be able to 1CC it in a week or so.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

CaptainRansom wrote:
Jugiatsu wrote:How do you install the game to your HD? I've never seen that option before.
From the dashboard, go to "My Xbox", and where it says "Play Game" (the first option), hit Y, go down to Install Game to Hard Drive, and that's it. There's probably some method that requires fewer inputs, but that's what I always do. It's nice not having to listen to my 360's loud-as-hell disc drive all the time.
Thanks for this post, Captain. I'm going to give this a try.
Solarus

Post by Solarus »

Picked up Black Label, and I agree that it's amazingly fun (even moreso than 1.5). Thus far I've experienced no sign of stutter in BL, 1.5 or Arrange and I'm playing off the disc.

God Mode seems A LOT more doable than Ultra. I'm looking forward to practicing it.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" - Sir Winston Churchill
system11

Post by system11 »

professor ganson wrote:
CaptainRansom wrote:
Jugiatsu wrote:How do you install the game to your HD? I've never seen that option before.
From the dashboard, go to "My Xbox", and where it says "Play Game" (the first option), hit Y, go down to Install Game to Hard Drive, and that's it. There's probably some method that requires fewer inputs, but that's what I always do. It's nice not having to listen to my 360's loud-as-hell disc drive all the time.
Thanks for this post, Captain. I'm going to give this a try.
Yeah I should mention the only stutter I've had is from notification popups (busy friend list...), but I run it off the hard drive. So much quieter.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Special World

Post by Special World »

How does one disable notifications?

And does it disable achievement popups too or just people coming online?

Because I like getting achievements, even if I don't really strive for em.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Special World wrote:How does one disable notifications?

It disables ALL notifications, including achievements.

Press guide button, hit right twice to get to settings, down once to Notifications, and then uncheck the box for Show Notifications.

I should mention that while it seems like my stuttering has become less frequent since disabling them (I didn't even think of this as a fix, I was just tired of my counter being obscured by "Friend X is online"... typically right as I was about to kill a boss and typically right as it was about to change), it IS still present.

I've actually had a couple instances of it now right before a boss fight... You know, when nothing's on the screen. =/
Solarus wrote:God Mode seems A LOT more doable than Ultra. I'm looking forward to practicing it.
Oh yes, MUCH more playable. To me and my complete inexperience, Ultra seems to be mostly about knowing exactly what to kill and when. With God mode, it doesn't seem like it's quite as much memorization. I can get a little past the mid-boss of Stage 1 in Ultra after practicing on about 15 credits; but after five credits of God Mode, I got to the Stage 2 midboss. I just wish it didn't have Maniac scoring. =/
Special World

Post by Special World »

Ah well damn.

I'm probably gonna DL BL later tonight and pray that having it installed removes the stuttering.

As long as there isn't any in 1.5 I'll be fine, I just dont like the idea of buying content that'll fuck up the game I already payed for.
Solarus

Post by Solarus »

CaptainRansom wrote:
Special World wrote:How does one disable notifications?

It disables ALL notifications, including achievements.

Press guide button, hit right twice to get to settings, down once to Notifications, and then uncheck the box for Show Notifications.

I should mention that while it seems like my stuttering has become less frequent since disabling them (I didn't even think of this as a fix, I was just tired of my counter being obscured by "Friend X is online"... typically right as I was about to kill a boss and typically right as it was about to change), it IS still present.

I've actually had a couple instances of it now right before a boss fight... You know, when nothing's on the screen. =/
Solarus wrote:God Mode seems A LOT more doable than Ultra. I'm looking forward to practicing it.
Oh yes, MUCH more playable. To me and my complete inexperience, Ultra seems to be mostly about knowing exactly what to kill and when. With God mode, it doesn't seem like it's quite as much memorization. I can get a little past the mid-boss of Stage 1 in Ultra after practicing on about 15 credits; but after five credits of God Mode, I got to the Stage 2 midboss. I just wish it didn't have Maniac scoring. =/
Yeah, I agree. Within 30 minutes I was able to get to the mid-boss on Stage 2 as well. I'm sure it will likely take me months of play to reach TLB status still though :P. Although personally I prefer the maniac scoring for god mode. It lets me use spread shot on the stage and focus on the boss with no score penalties :P More than anything the fact that focus could slow me when I don't want to be slowed and shot could speed me up when I don't want to go fast made original scoring a bit annoying for me (although the wider gaps between "phases" is a welcome change).
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" - Sir Winston Churchill
bcass

Post by bcass »

Special World wrote:Ah well damn.

I'm probably gonna DL BL later tonight and pray that having it installed removes the stuttering.

As long as there isn't any in 1.5 I'll be fine, I just dont like the idea of buying content that'll fuck up the game I already payed for.
It does stutter when installed to the HDD. I have it installed to the HDD and have experienced the stutter a few times.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

CaptainRansom wrote:I just wish it didn't have Maniac scoring. =/
You crazy.
Special World

Post by Special World »

bcass wrote:
Special World wrote:Ah well damn.

It does stutter when installed to the HDD. I have it installed to the HDD and have experienced the stutter a few times.
Well goddammit. 1.5 too?
bcass

Post by bcass »

Don't know. Haven't played any other mode since downloading BL. Others have reported that the skipping occurs in non-BL modes once BL has been downloaded, but I don't know if they had the game installed onto the HDD.
professor ganson

I'm sure this has been discussed much, but can I get BL just by logging into US Live? How much does it cost?
bcass

Post by bcass »

Yes you can - 1200 MSP.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

I need my glasses back from the optometrist NOW!

I can no-miss to stage 5, but then get screwed over because my eyes randomly spaz out and defocus. I can't count how many times I thought Reko's options were my hitbox.

...though the 360 analog stick didn't help...
professor ganson

bcass wrote:Yes you can - 1200 MSP.
Thanks. :)
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

can you play the DLC offline on a different console?
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Not without a license transfer.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

I have to say that even with the stuttering issue, Black Label is my favorite mode of play by far over Novice/Arrange/1.01/1.5. I can't even really put my finger on why, but I enjoy it. Maybe it's because God mode actually feels playable to me and seems like a much more realistic goal than Ultra (which I can't even understand how to START improving at, bluh... my sincere respect to those who can clear even stage 1). Trying to convince a few friends to buy it... it's not going well. =(
Jugiatsu

Post by Jugiatsu »

Not sure why so many people are having stuttering issues once they install BL. I downloaded BL, installed the game to my HD and run it from the HD now and I have yet to experience any stuttering or hiccups whatsoever.

I did notice though when fighting the stage 3 midboss the graphics glitched slightly and thats the only thing that has happened now in the week that Ive been playing it and it only happened once.
Special World

Post by Special World »

Holy god. Black Label is so much more fun it's unreal.

Haven't had any stuttering, and it's a fucking BLAST. The Maniac rules definitely benefit from being quicker to chain and from being able to chain by holding your shot on "normal" big enemies. Holy dear jesus. 10/10. Best game of the decade. I can think of no competition. I am in awe.
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

Jugiatsu wrote:Not sure why so many people are having stuttering issues once they install BL.
I think its a bit of luck of draw, I haven't had any issues myself in about 3-4 hours of play.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I reinstalled the game to my HDD but it's still stuttering from time to time. I wonder what's causing this...
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Solarus

Post by Solarus »

Elixir wrote:I reinstalled the game to my HDD but it's still stuttering from time to time. I wonder what's causing this...
I've been playing it non-stop the entire day and have had no issues whatsoever by playing off the disc (and my X360 is a Zephyr). Just try taking it off the hard drive to check if there's any improvement. Best I can think of.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Other people in the thread have already reported stuttering when playing from the DVD. It has nothing to do with whether you install it to the HDD or not. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it at all looking at all the posts on the subject, it's completely random.