Stella Vanity V0.2 & 0.21

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
LtC

Re: Stella Vanity V0.2 & 0.21

Post by LtC »

Synnae wrote:So... lemme see if I got this straight. There's no way to prevent the framerate drop in the game regardless of how good your computer is? That's a shame, since I wanted to play it at constant 60fps. Guess I'll have to deal with it then.
I recommend you to get Blue Wish Resurrection Plus (it's a freeware shmup) and play it on Accel Hell difficulty and turn off the 'Wait' option. Play it for a while and turn on the 'Wait' option. You'll probably learn to appreciate slowdown in shmups. There's built in slowdown in a lot of shmups, especially arcade shmups.
Yield

Post by Yield »

So I've got version 1.00 of Stella Vanity, yet according to the website the latest version is 1.22.

I wonder, how do I patch the game? There doesn't seem to be any available download links off the site.
Last edited by Yield on Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

You buy the game instead of pirating it.
Yield

Post by Yield »

Aisha wrote:You buy the game instead of pirating it.
I would gladly buy it if it was actually possible for me.

However for some reason DLsite doesn't accept my card.

Edit: If anyone doesn't mind doing me a favor; could I get someone to buy a copy for me and send the download link to my e-mail?

The game is going for 1260 yen ($13), but I'll gladly pay $20 for the game plus your troubles, prior to you making the purchase on DLsite.
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

What does each new version include?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

Yield wrote:I would gladly buy it if it was actually possible for me.

Edit: If anyone doesn't mind doing me a favor; could I get someone to buy a copy for me and send the download link to my e-mail?

The game is going for 1260 yen ($13), but I'll gladly pay $20 for the game plus your troubles, prior to you making the purchase on DLsite.
Hm, it's possible your credit card company's fraud protection might be blocking the transaction.

One thing to look out for if you have someone buy the game for you: When something is purchased from DLsite as a guest, the download link you get will expire after 7 days. This means that you will need to repurchase the game if a new version is released or if you need to download the game again in the future.

To get around this, give the person buying the game for you an e-mail address to use. After the transaction is complete, you then use that same e-mail address to register a free account on DLsite's Japanese storefront. Doing so should add the products purchased with that e-mail address to the account's purchase history, which will enable you to download the game as many times as you like. If this is not done automatically, then you might have to go through this form.

http://www.dlsite.com/eng/faq/user#u_q14
Yield

Post by Yield »

Aisha wrote:
Yield wrote:I would gladly buy it if it was actually possible for me.

Hm, it's possible your credit card company's fraud protection might be blocking the transaction.

One thing to look out for if you have someone buy the game for you: When something is purchased from DLsite as a guest, the download link you get will expire after 7 days. This means that you will need to repurchase the game if a new version is released or if you need to download the game again in the future.

To get around this, give the person buying the game for you an e-mail address to use. After the transaction is complete, you then use that same e-mail address to register a free account on DLsite's Japanese storefront. Doing so should add the products purchased with that e-mail address to the account's purchase history, which will enable you to download the game as many times as you like. If this is not done automatically, then you might have to go through this form.

http://www.dlsite.com/eng/faq/user#u_q14
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

However I think I may have found an alternative solution, buying bitcash and then using that on DLsite, then it would probably clear without issues.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

i dont see the game on DLSite english version, only in the japanese one... its been awhile since last time i delt with the language, so i basically got scared of messing up the purchase and gave up.

Does anyone know of an english link to the "retail" version so that i can actually try to buy it?

thank you. in advance.
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

Synnae wrote:What does each new version include?
I want to know at least what are the differences between versions 1.20, 1.21 and 1.22 so I can see if it's worth enough buying it or not. It will be pretty hard for me buying something that I don't even know what are its features, and I can't read japanese neither.
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

Synnae wrote:
Synnae wrote:What does each new version include?
I want to know at least what are the differences between versions 1.20, 1.21 and 1.22 so I can see if it's worth enough buying it or not. It will be pretty hard for me buying something that I don't even know what are its features, and I can't read japanese neither.
A whole lot of stuff changed between the 1.20 versions, 1.21, and 1.22, including the addition of Strict Rule mode, adjusting extra boss conditions, adding a title screen BGM, and more.

This page has a full list of changes (in Japanese, of course).
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

I see.

Well... a bit unrelated question. as for that "emergency A.I" on the shop... I read that it enables autobomb on a blog. How exactly does it work? If I buy it, will I have autobomb enabled every time I play the game, or does it work only once, and then I have to buy it again afterwards?

I'm asking this because if it is unlimited, I think it'd probably make the stuff easier...
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

Synnae wrote:I see.

Well... a bit unrelated question. as for that "emergency A.I" on the shop... I read that it enables autobomb on a blog. How exactly does it work? If I buy it, will I have autobomb enabled every time I play the game, or does it work only once, and then I have to buy it again afterwards?

I'm asking this because if it is unlimited, I think it'd probably make the stuff easier...
It has unlimited uses, but it doesn't necessarily make the game unfairly easier. It makes you autobomb at the cost of two bombs when you get hit; however, there's an Auto Guard setting that you can turn on or off anyway (and it only costs one bomb).

Emergency AI does make you actually use the bomb attack, unlike Auto Guard. I don't think it works with Auto Guard though.
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

What about the Demonic Charm/Anti-demonic Charm/Anti-Demonic Chime?

I know they influence the rank somehow. But how exactly? Is it worth having it enabled?
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

Synnae wrote:What about the Demonic Charm/Anti-demonic Charm/Anti-Demonic Chime?

I know they influence the rank somehow. But how exactly? Is it worth having it enabled?
In 1.00, I think those items affect the rate the Delayed Base Rank value increases in Delayed Shift, which I believe can affect the amount of bullets to cancel for Coins/Jewels throughout the stage (the Delayed Base Rank value resets each stage).

However, from 1.20 on, I believe the rank system is changed. Delayed Rank seems to be removed (the display for it was replaced by miss/bomb count), replaced by a rank system where you Qualified for Rank increases at the end of Areas 1-4 based on how well you did (initially rather difficult for S-Type). Those items apparently still have something to do with rank, but their descriptions have changed and I can't read them (they are still the same price, I believe).
Synnae

Post by Synnae »

I'm really having trouble to get a 1cc on this game.

I'm playing on normal, using Lemulene type-C. The first three stages are easy, but on area 6 and 7 the difficulty jumps, making it extremely hard.

I wonder if I can reach Area 7 and get a good ending on easy. Does clearing the game on easy give you a good ending?

-EDIT-

Nevermind. Seems like by playing on easy you just fight a silly crystal in the place of the real final boss.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

LtC wrote:
Synnae wrote:So... lemme see if I got this straight. There's no way to prevent the framerate drop in the game regardless of how good your computer is? That's a shame, since I wanted to play it at constant 60fps. Guess I'll have to deal with it then.
I recommend you to get Blue Wish Resurrection Plus (it's a freeware shmup) and play it on Accel Hell difficulty and turn off the 'Wait' option. Play it for a while and turn on the 'Wait' option. You'll probably learn to appreciate slowdown in shmups. There's built in slowdown in a lot of shmups, especially arcade shmups.
The game seems to run with <1% delay in replays though, meanwhile I get AT LEAST 70% when I play.

On another note I just bought the game. Kinda fun, was expecting Hellsinker-levels complexity but it doesn't look /too/ bad. Will need some time though, haven't seen this many buttons used in a shooting game since Uniting Barrage Action D:
KAI

Post by KAI »

1.21 patch link please.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

gs68 wrote:
LtC wrote:
The game seems to run with <1% delay in replays though, meanwhile I get AT LEAST 70% when I play.

On another note I just bought the game. Kinda fun, was expecting Hellsinker-levels complexity but it doesn't look /too/ bad. Will need some time though, haven't seen this many buttons used in a shooting game since Uniting Barrage Action D:
Do you think you could share the patch with us, please?
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Where am I supposed to find it?
Meseki

Post by Meseki »

Even if he wanted to give out the patch, it'd be impossible, as the only way the game is currently sold is pre-patched (with a little DRM, I think). The version that has to be manually patched was only available at Comiket.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

gs68 wrote:Where am I supposed to find it?
in your DLSite account... there's gotta be some kinda link be it for the game fully patched already or for a single patch ...
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Um, there's no patch link? The download link for the game just yields a zip file with 1.22, and even if I wanted to faclitate piracy the game requires a DLsite account that has purchased the game to run.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

The game is on English dlsite for 735 yen with no DRM.

I'm still pissed off by the Delay jacking up to like 60-80%, when replays never spike above 3%. It makes me just not want to play at all. I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue, but considering this is the same machine that can run various TH games, Hellsinker, Sine Mora, and ALLTYNEX Second with minimal problems, I have trouble believing a typical sprite-based danmaku game would be taxing enough that I achieve delay percentages that render my runs invalid.
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Got the game, got the soundtrack.

As a note of sadness, in addition to the game coming to English dlsite, development is suspended indefinitely (according to seesaa, and what Google Translate spit out).

Anyway, as a veteran of Touhou games, what a rude awakening, even on Easy.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Practice lots (stage select is your friend) and use Type-C unless you want complexity.
xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 »

Already trying to get bullet cancelling down on Type-C.
Might stream some of my attempts to learn the mechanics (and eventually score/time attack)
Irritatingly enough, Stellavanity is *not* in the Twitch database :roll:

edit: and now lots of grinding so I can unlock practice mode on stages 5-7.
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

Edit: Nevermind!

Protip to anyone buying this off DLsite English: change the name of the root folder to something entirely in english.

Can someone tell me what the options are in the setup program?
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"
Wyrmnus

Post by Wyrmnus »

Considering the very cheap price, I am considering buying this game next month.
Check out my Youtube Channel! Pleeeeeeeease?
Latest Upload: DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou 360 1CC/DeathSmiles II X mode 1CC
Wyrmnus

Post by Wyrmnus »

Apologies for the necro bump but I'm rather desperate here.

Now that Ive got the Full and current version of the game up and running, Ive been trying to figure out how the full game/scoring mechanics to the game. There anyone that can fill me in on the details?
Check out my Youtube Channel! Pleeeeeeeease?
Latest Upload: DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou 360 1CC/DeathSmiles II X mode 1CC
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I recall that even the official page's "scoring" section for the game was never completed, so whatever "official" details exist are likely scarce...then again, this board's Japanese-literate members can sometimes sniff out some unexpected stuff (or maybe they already have and I just missed it).