[Saturn] Shienryu & Battle Garegga questions

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
angrycoder

[Saturn] Shienryu & Battle Garegga questions

Post by angrycoder »

I just picked up Shienryu and Battle Garegga for the saturn. I have a couple of questions I am sure were answered on the old boards.

Is there a TATE mode in Shienryu? I can't find it for the life of me.

Is there a FAQ/translation for battle garegga. I am not really looking for a gameplay FAQ, just an explanation & translation of the menu items. I was able to flip the menus over to simple mode so that helped alot - am I missing any options from the other menu's? What do the options on the second page of the simple menu do? Is turning the 'small hitbox' option on cheating - is this different from the arcade?
raiden

Post by raiden »

Shienryu has a tate mode, it can be selected in the Options menu. Can you access the options menu?

The "small hitbox" option in Battle Garegga is equivalent to what you can select in the arcade version by using another button to select the planes. It´s not necessarily an advantage, though, as a small hitbox also means it´s harder to catch medals.
angrycoder

Post by angrycoder »

Thanks, I found the TATE mode on shienryu. It is listed as Game Mode: Saturn or Arcade. Setting it to arcade turns on tate mode.