Which new shmup are you looking forward to the most?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

What is your most anticipated shmup?

Ibara
24%
Raiden III
25%
Mushihimesama
24%
Trizeal
6%
Rajirugi
1%
Gigawing Generations
6%
Homura
1%
Senko no Ronde [borderliner]
7%
Xyanide
2%
Other (please specify below)
5%

Total votes: 109

Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Which new shmup are you looking forward to the most?

Post by Thunder Force »

Feel free to leave your detailed comments below, if you are looking forward to more than one equally.

EDIT: Made sticky for a few days, so all get a chance to vote and we get a true sample of international shmup community interest...
Last edited by Thunder Force on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

ill probably be the one who voted for Senko no Ronde becuz..the game looks freakin terriffic..and its designed for a 2 player shmup/borderline..never been too excited about DC releases till this one..
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

^^ well, that would be you AND me ! :)

After Border Down and seeing info and screens on this game I just HAVE to have it. Not sure it will qualify as a shmup or even borderline game though.
But in any case I look forward to it! :)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Senko was my second choice, but I went with Raiden III.
neoalphazero

Post by neoalphazero »

Ronde, Cave's offerings are always excellent but given the uncertainity of home ports I tend to ignore them. *-neo
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

I say Mushihime with Ibara a close second. I could really care less about the other offerings.
silvery wings

Post by silvery wings »

neoalphazero wrote:given the uncertainity of home ports I tend to ignore them.
Ibara will probably win this, but I voted Raiden III. Mushi and Ibara sure look awesome but I will probably never be able to play them. (maybe mame in 10 years) I'm just hoping that Raiden III sees a ps2 port.
No_not_like_Quake

Post by No_not_like_Quake »

Raiden 3 because I haven't played a new Raiden in awhile now. I have yet to play the RF games either, so it'd be nice to have home ports of them too.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Before Ibara it was Mushihime. But the thought of a new shmup from former Raizing devs (unconfirmed) which looks like and may play a lot like Battle Garegga definitely edges it out. :)
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I answered Ibara because it looks the most interesting of the bunch, but in practical terms I'm waiting for Giga Wing Generations, simply because that's the only one confirmed for a PS2 release. Well, that and Xyanide, apparently. And I guess there's a fairly good chance Homura will get ported as well.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
uwfan

Post by uwfan »

it has to be Ibara,

see this link to understand why i hold this opinion:

http://namakoteam.com/news.php?id=33

"Immediately visible here are several interface elements common in Raizing's later vertically-oriented shooters, especially Battle Garegga. Visible in the lower left is a row of bullet-shaped objects; this is exactly the same as Garegga's bomb-chip counter. At the top, the font is a new one, but the arrangement of scores, the name of the stage, remaining stock count, and the "PRESS START TO PLAY" are identical to Garegga's. Central and most apparent in this shot, however, is the boss. Great and terrible prop-driven craft are common in Raizing games, and this one carries a minigun that recalls the dual miniguns on Garegga's Stage 1 boss. "

I think that a combination of cave dvelopers, influenced by raizing's classic Battle Garegga, is the ultimate shmup combination. :wink:
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

Ibara. I'm not a great fan of Garegga because it is wayyyy too hard for me to ever 1CC, but I love the art style and shooty feeling. The Raizing influence is great, and because Cave is developing it, I have hopes they'll get rid of the extreme ranking system. I'd really love it if they kept the difficulty at a manageable level like for example ESPGaluda, which people even complained to be easy, though I'm sure they are just too good.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
BIG

Post by BIG »

Ibara,followed closely by Mushihime-sama.

Aside from the graphical presentation,I hope it isn't anything like 'Garegga...:?

BIG-
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

I've almost given up on the two Cave games now--what with the Arika fall out. Anywya, I'd still have voted Raiden 3.

Anyway, with Raiden 3 on type X (this is true, isn't it?) a port is almost inevitable, right?
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
99pence

Post by 99pence »

Unfortunatley none of them. I think these new 3D grafix shooters look awful.
sffan

Post by sffan »

Gigawing Generations, because it's the next PS2 shmup, and I can expect it in march. I can't yet look forward to some of those arcade machines because I won't be able to play them. I'm also looking forward to Dragon Blaze on the PS2, but that's not as exciting as G.G. since I've already played it in mame.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I voted for Raiden III because it is a true classic from my early years that is being brought back to life. I would have probably swung to the Cave games, but I won't be able to play them for 3 years when the price of the PCB falls to something slighlty more reasonable for my budget.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Ibara, with Mushihime Sama a veeeeerrry close second.

I'm actually HOPING Ibara plays like Garegga... :twisted:
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

Raiden III for me as im having a Seibu obscession right now
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

BIG wrote:Ibara,followed closely by Mushihime-sama.

Aside from the graphical presentation,I hope it isn't anything like 'Garegga...:?

BIG-
I'm with ya on that one BIG. Now, if it played similar to Batrider that would be a different story.

Here's to hoping it plays like a Cave game.
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

Raiden III.

I'd love to see home ports of Ibara and Mushi as well, of course. :)
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

I voted Gigawing.. just because that is the only one I know for sure I will get to play.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Gradius VI :P
landshark

Post by landshark »

elbarto wrote:Raiden III.

I'd love to see home ports of Ibara and Mushi as well, of course. :)
Ditto. And your avatar rocks.

Gradius VI like LoneSage wrote too - but I dunno if that'll happen.
cdawg4949

Post by cdawg4949 »

I took Mushi. I've been playing plenty of ESP RADE lately And I'm loving CAVE. The Ibara game looks awesome too, but given the fact that Raizing bullets always piss me off as they disapear into the background, I took Mushi. I hope that CAVE has forced the bright pink bullets on this one!\

-CODY-
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Raiden 3, because it's probably the only one that has a chance of making it over here to play (and because I've enjoyed the other Raiden games and Viper Phase 1.) Ibara certainly looks interesting, but I doubt I'll ever play it short of making a trip to Japan.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Reiki

Post by Reiki »

Unfortunately I'll probably never get the chance to play any of those games. But if I had to choose one I'd say Ibara since it looks like it's got that Raizing feel to it.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Raiden III. I can't wait to see what another entry into the classic series plays like. Especially after the love-fest that was Raiden DX!
KrazyJoker

Post by KrazyJoker »

Trizeal screenshots look pretty damn nice. But I'm also a Raiden fan. So Raiden III would be my 2nd choice.
KrazyJoker

Post by KrazyJoker »

To be honest, I would LOVE to see a new Darius title. A great series!!!