Which new shmup are you looking forward to the most?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

What is your most anticipated shmup?

Ibara
24%
Raiden III
25%
Mushihimesama
24%
Trizeal
6%
Rajirugi
1%
Gigawing Generations
6%
Homura
1%
Senko no Ronde [borderliner]
7%
Xyanide
2%
Other (please specify below)
5%

Total votes: 109

freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Definitely Ibara, although I missed a lot of the hype surrounding Mushi. I'm guessing it'll be a standard bullet stormer and nothing drastically different from the previous.

Not that Cave isn't great, it's just nice for a wee change from the usual, and I do miss garegga and bakraid style games.
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

Ibara... Garegga... They both end in A

Raiden III, oh god I cannot wait.
stoneroses

Post by stoneroses »

I probablly won't get a chance to jam on too many of these games, but my vote is for Raiden 3.

I always put off buying the Raiden Trad games during the 16 bit days, and never got around to picking up the Raiden Project until recently. I would love to see the chemistry of the Raiden play mechanics updated to modern technology. This is one game that might make me want to start importing games.
Strychnine

Post by Strychnine »

Ibara

CAVE + Raizing = "t3h 0MGZ0RS"...heh. I think it will be a stunningly brilliant game. Mushihimesama is close second for me. If these don't get homeports, I will be quite nonplussed...to say the least (you know, rivers will run read, the skies will be set ablaze...etc.).
The white clouds floating on the great blue sky
And the boiling red blood shed in fierce gaming
Those who give up halfway through
Their battered bodies will never forget!

Segata Sanshiro, Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn... shiro!
Kron

Post by Kron »

Im really looking forward to Ronde since its offering something a bit different.

Ibara is a very close second, Looks a perfect blend of Cave and Raizing/8ing with some very special sprites.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm super psyched for Giga Wing Generations, which looks to have stunning 3D graphics. Can't wait to look at it!
nullpointer

Post by nullpointer »

homura...

i know... very out of fashion..
but only coz i thought psyvariars were a cool new idea and i know what the rest of the games on the list will be like.
Dont know anything about homura.. but i'm hoping its got some cool new style or sumthing... :D
lech

Post by lech »

i voted for 'raiden iii,' cause it's my duty. but secretly, i'm looking forward to 'homura,' i don't really know why. i too really liked 'psyvariar 2' and am hoping that homura continues that style. (and it's the only game on that list most likely to get a xbox port, heh heh heh...)
lech
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

Wow, 76 votes - that means 76 active registered users!

Mushi for me - because it has (medium) fast, but easily discernible patterns. You don't need to play the game 40 times before you know where's safe.
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

I just saw the videos for Senko no Ronde over at Click-Stick's site, and I was very impressed. I had been a little skeptical of the game, largely because there were pretty much no screenshots, no videos, nothing. But it looks great, I'm hoping for a DC port, I will buy it with minimal hestitation.

Nevertheless, I voted for Raiden III. In the long run, that game seems to be the most likely to be the game I will like the most, if I ever get to play all those games. Raiden III looks great, and when the inevitable PS2 port is announced, I will go into Frothing Demand mode for a PS2 for a few weeks, then come to my senses and wait until it's more within my budget.
WarpZone

Post by WarpZone »

I voted for Mushihime Sama. I liked what I've seen of some of its bullet patterns, and its art direction seems excellent.

It's too early to say with Ibara. The screenshots look fairly bland, mostly being "exciting" for the possible Raizing involvement than anything else. I haven't played Garegga, but if it's as cheap as Bat Rider, that's definitely not a direction I'd like to see it head in. Hopefully it'll have the more usual Cave refinement and be more of a spiritual nod to garegga. And the bullets do seem to be brightly colored, at least :wink:
Tar-Palantir

Post by Tar-Palantir »

If my opinion will not be discounted though I'm not a Western shmupper :roll:, I might say that I look forward to whatever Kenta Cho puts out next. He's always put out something completely (OK, maybe not completely) different with each new game, and he hasn't disappointed us so far. I am of course, much further away from the other new games in non-geographic games, so that doesn't give me much choice anyway.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Tar-Palantir wrote:If my opinion will not be discounted though I'm not a Western shmupper :roll:
:oops: Thanks for pointing out the misnomer. I should have said international shmup community.

I've gone back now and re-edited the poll text to fix that.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

I would choose other, tired of crazy manic dodging bullets

1. Raiden Fighter Series Combo pack( Raiden Fighter 1,2 and Jet) hopefully for PS2 or DC

2. Viper Phase 1 for PS2 or DC

3. I think Ibara looks better than Mushiashimi, of offense but i kind of want to have a chance to get far without dodging millions of shots every stage.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Gigawing Generations.

With Mushihime-sama at a very close second. That is if it's coming to PS2.
jiji

Post by jiji »

Ibara. I'll be very glad to see the Raizing influence in motion, and to play something new in the Garegga spirit. Senkou no Ronde is next. I felt a bit doubtful as to whether the concept would make a decent game, but it looks extremely polished, and I think it's in capable hands.
Defcon 5

Post by Defcon 5 »

Xyanide

Alltough Ill get Ibara in some ways Iam very cursios about Xyanide

Just want to be released, nothing else !!

Thats why I bought myself a Xbox :)
Check out my Shooter Videos
zimeon

Post by zimeon »

Princess of insects for teh win.

The graphic design is absolutely lovely, and the music was fantastic. Lucky me I don't have an arcade hall with that game near by; my coins would fly away. (Oh, that's "mushihimesama" for you.)
Enthusiasm without skill
jp

Post by jp »

Senko no Ronde... if only because Border Down was so fucking amazing.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

Mushihimesama. I don't like Garegga, but do love Cave. Do the math yourself.