Definitive Playstation Shmups listing?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Turrican

Re: Definitive Playstation Shmups listing?

Post by Turrican »

it's there, in the followup below the quote... Hmm, my list is messy, I should probably give it an overhaul... :?
X - P - B
Austin

Post by Austin »

FRO wrote:What about the arena shooter, Starfighter Sanvein? I would think that's shooty enough to include.
That has more in common with twin stick shooters than anything else, I personally leave it off lists that focus more on traditional scrolling shmups.

Fun game though. Cheap, too.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Turrican wrote:it's there, in the followup below the quote... Hmm, my list is messy, I should probably give it an overhaul... :?
Indeed it is - I was focusing on the original post, and missed it!
Austin wrote:
FRO wrote:What about the arena shooter, Starfighter Sanvein? I would think that's shooty enough to include.
That has more in common with twin stick shooters than anything else, I personally leave it off lists that focus more on traditional scrolling shmups.

Fun game though. Cheap, too.
I can see that. But yes, great game, and one that I need to go back to at some point...
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

should go ahead and throw tempest x on there. there's also the terrifying MetaPhList.

twin stick should always always always be on lists like this. yes, there was a twin stick boom and it drove you crazy. no, that doesn't make it a "borderliner". give robotron a little more respect than that...
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Austin

Post by Austin »

Despatche wrote:should go ahead and throw tempest x on there. there's also the terrifying MetaPhList.

twin stick should always always always be on lists like this. yes, there was a twin stick boom and it drove you crazy. no, that doesn't make it a "borderliner". give robotron a little more respect than that...
There's no disrespect implied by putting things into logical categories.