Gunbird 2 for Dreamcast / Mobile Light Force 1 for PSone

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
stoneroses

Gunbird 2 for Dreamcast / Mobile Light Force 1 for PSone

Post by stoneroses »

Question: Is this the same game or is MLF really just a repackaged version of what is known as Gunbird 1 outside of the USA? Thanks to anyone in the know!
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Mobile Blight Farce = the original Gunbird
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Another question: was MLF released about at the same time the Charlie's Angels movie was in theatres? That would explain the cover's subject.

...Not that I need other explanation other than the localizers' insanity. I guess that's why you have death penalty in the US... for those guys.
X - P - B
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

And MLF 2 is...

Shikigami no shiro!

:lol:
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Yeah, the MLF's are okay if you don't have access to the originals or a way to play them. Once I got proper copies of Gunbird and SNS, though, I quickly got rid of them. These ports truly are pretty crappy.

"What a waste", indeed....
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Oh, and by the way, the DC port of GB2 rocks my socks. Much better than the PS2 version on the double pack.

True low res and.....oh yeah,....

Morrigan :twisted:
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Yeah, the MLF games was released around the same time as Charlie's Angels 2. Worst movie ever, worst ports ever...

Actually, if you haven't played the originals, the MLF games are actually pretty good for what you pay. Sure, there might not be any extras (I know the Saturn version had something like 400+ pictures in the Art Gallery of Gunbird?) in MLF1, but I still liked it. They really did rape the names of characters, though...I mean, MILF? C'mon man.

You should pick up both MLF1 and 2 (2 is Shikigami no Shiro, as mentioned above), they're both good games (though I like MLF1 better). Castle Shikigami 2 is Shiki no Shiro 2, so you should pick that up as well. I hear the game's getting pretty rare, though I still see plent of copies at my game stores.
stoneroses

Post by stoneroses »

I just don't understand those girls on the covers. I guess XS Games got it a little better with the Castle Shigami 2 port though.

If it wasn't for EGM having a tiny little blurb about MLF2 about a year ago, I would have missed out altogether. Since I have been active on these forums for the past few days, I give a lot of credit to those who go out and collect the treasure trove of shooters that are available only in the pacific rim. That is hardcore man.