under defeat world record

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

as for all of you who think I'm setting my sights a little too high I'm going to at least get the highest score on this forum.
This is actually an realistic goal, but still a huge challenge, which takes a lot of skill. With playing once a week you won't get anywhere. 1-2 hours a day/3-4 months long and you might have a chance.

Also:
That blog is complete nonsense, if you get a new score, post it in the highscore section, if you don't get a new score, THEN DON'T. This way one can see your progress without that drama around it.
Last edited by Plasmo on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

lilmanjs wrote:anyways I finally updated my blog people. http://underdefeat.sosblog.com/

I don't get a chance to play the game much but I do try to play every day. as for all of you who think I'm setting my sights a little too high I'm going to at least get the highest score on this forum.
ha :lol:
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Plasmo wrote:
as for all of you who think I'm setting my sights a little too high I'm going to at least get the highest score on this forum.
This is actually an realistic goal, but still a huge challenge, which takes a lot of skill. With playing once a week you won't get anywhere. 1-2 hours a day/3-4 months long and you might have a chance.
Well Kiken's Score isn't too far from the WR.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Jockel wrote:
Plasmo wrote:
Well Kiken's Score isn't too far from the WR.
But I think usually the few points separating a score that's not far from the WR and the WR are super hard to get (have to get uber lucky everywhere and play uber perfectly).
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Prom is right, it gets exponentially more difficult. Getting 80% of an world record score takes as much time as getting from 80% to 85% or from 85% to 87%.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

I meant that more in a way like: i highly doubt he is able to reach the top of our scoreboards, because Kiken's score is already ace.
But i gotta say i didn't think he would break 1mil.
croikle

Post by croikle »

By the way, the world record has now made it up to 7,500,020 with Plasmo's most recent update of the tables. That guy must have been so happy to reach 7.5.
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

No pics is sad anyho :(
Alas, Ikaruga is going...

Undesired, unwanted them...
What makes them go?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Ugh why didn't he make it a flat 7.5 that guy is just so imprecise
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Twiddle wrote:Ugh why didn't he make it a flat 7.5 that guy is just so imprecise
Those 20 points are like a bug up his ass.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Screw the WR. The new challenge is to get exactly 7.5 mil.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Yeah you've got to wonder if now he's set his sights on getting an even 7.5 million. He probably knows exactly what he needs to do to get it considering how close he came :)

And you know the sort of people that set world records have got to be anal as hell like that :lol: