under defeat world record

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

The funny thing is, if you've ever talked to one of the Japanese master players you'll find them to be incredibly humble. Even guys that hold world records will say that their highest scoring run was less than optimal. In a way it's insulting to everyone else and shows they're conceited, but they at least don't run their mouth when they can't back it up like this guy here.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

What's your vp1 (non-looping new ver) score buddy
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

anyways people:
http://underdefeat.sosblog.com/
that's the link to the blog and I will update it as often as I can. I'm at my sister's tonight looking after her dogs for her so I have a lot of time to pratice and a good bit of time to watch the 2 superplay videos I'm getting at the moment. if they are anywhere close to the world record in combined score then I should be a happy person as I'm one of those people you show me how to do it and I will do it just as well or even better. that's how I got so good at tekken(now I play Dead or alive but suck).
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Hahaha you're wanting to go for the WR in a game which you can't even 1cc. Bahahahahahahaha.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Elixir wrote:Hahaha you're wanting to go for the WR in a game which you can't even 1cc. Bahahahahahahaha.
laugh all you want but I'm a quick learner as I've said. check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVXktuBa9M
this was from my second time ever playing the level even though it is my own mod for wolfenstein 3d I didn't make the edits to most of the levels. I'm one of those people who can watch a video of how to beat a game and I will remember it very well and then bam I will beat the game just as well as the person in the video did.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

so how exactly do you plan to BEAT the scores of the videos if you just copy what they do?

i think your goals would be more believable if you had some scores to show.....

and elixir is right (did i just say that? :wink:).....how do you plan to beat the world record if you cant even beat the game yet?

and i highly doubt you have a higher score for viperphase1 than sikraiken....

in fact i will go ahead and say flat out....BULLSHIT!!!

or post your score and prove us wrong....a picture would be good
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

jonny5 wrote:so how exactly do you plan to BEAT the scores of the videos if you just copy what they do?

i think your goals would be more believable if you had some scores to show.....

and elixir is right (did i just say that? :wink:).....how do you plan to beat the world record if you cant even beat the game yet?

and i highly doubt you have a higher score for viperphase1 than sikraiken....

in fact i will go ahead and say flat out....BULLSHIT!!!

or post your score and prove us wrong....a picture would be good
a picture I will get this up coming week as I'm not at home much this weekend. I'm serious as how good I am at viper phase 1.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

How old are you again?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Elixir wrote:How old are you again?
make it 19 folks.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

lol check out the mad skillz guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdmFGZ1XqIo
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Udderdude wrote:lol check out the mad skillz guys

i counted at least 27 "deaths" in that run. does under defeat have an invincibility code?
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

lilmanjs wrote:
Elixir wrote:Hahaha you're wanting to go for the WR in a game which you can't even 1cc. Bahahahahahahaha.
laugh all you want but I'm a quick learner as I've said. check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVXktuBa9M
this was from my second time ever playing the level even though it is my own mod for wolfenstein 3d I didn't make the edits to most of the levels. I'm one of those people who can watch a video of how to beat a game and I will remember it very well and then bam I will beat the game just as well as the person in the video did.
this thread can't be for real, can it?!?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

lolz....now i know you are lying....that was terrible :roll:

i think this is a situation of somebody who thinks they are really good at something cuz they havent seen it done right before....

like im an uber-good sf2 player.....undefeated.....but i only play my grandmother.... :roll:

and i can score higher than my mom on viperphase 1......WR here i come....lolz
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Oh wow.. I wish I was that good at shmups. :(
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
jpj

Post by jpj »

a picture I will get this up coming week as I'm not at home much this weekend. I'm serious as how good I am at viper phase 1.
looking forward to it :idea:
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

lilmanjs wrote:its a nice page, but I laugh at the viper phase 1 western record.
Remember, all records have to be done on default settings with NO CONTINUES.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

lilmanjs wrote:I'm one of those people you show me how to do it and I will do it just as well or even better.
This quote proves you're nothing but a clown and will most certainly never achieve your goal because you have no idea what playing games well is about. Either that or you're just joking around, in which case you're not gonna beat no world record anyway.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

If you're good at running, you're not necessarily good at high jumping, you know?
And besides that, I've seen way better wolf3d videos than that.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

:lol:

music set to MAX
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

EOJ wrote:
lilmanjs wrote:its a nice page, but I laugh at the viper phase 1 western record.
Remember, all records have to be done on default settings with NO CONTINUES.
Whatever your score is, I'm interested in how long it took you to get.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Forty-five minutes, with occasional toilet breaks.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

lilmanjs wrote:
Elixir wrote:How old are you again?
make it 19 folks.
In.. dog years?

sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Icarus wrote:Forty-five minutes, with occasional toilet breaks.
Ooohhhhh 8)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

I cannot believe how mean people are at this fellow whom set his goals high…

Best of luck at your goals and with hard work and time, may you realize your dreams of being a champion. Do not get discourage by people are are laughing at you because of your bold ambitions.

Wishing the best…
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

Sonic R wrote:I cannot believe how mean people are at this fellow whom set his goals high…

Best of luck at your goals and with hard work and time, may you realize your dreams of being a champion. Do not get discourage by people are are laughing at you because of your bold ambitions.

Wishing the best…

keep em coming!
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

its not som much his goals we are after...its the bold statements on his scoring prowess with nothing but half-assed wolf3d vids and a laugh riot raptor vid

it would be like me saying ive cleared both loops of ketsui and then posting a vid of me playing the first stage of a much easier game and dying a bunch of times

shit just doesnt add up...

but i will be the first to apologize if he posts legitimate evidence of his VP1 score
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

General cockiness is what we're laughing at. That + obvious ignorance about the topic of world records in games makes for a pretty intensely ridiculous character.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

jonny5 wrote:but i will be the first to apologize if he posts legitimate evidence of his VP1 score
So you respect people based on their high scores? Jesus christ.

Regarding Under Defeat, I still don't get how you can expect to beat the world record when you can't even 1cc it, and I also saw you in the Hardware forum asking about HRAPs and "what's best". Anyone who's half decent would know that personal preference's best and hoping to achieve something as ridiculous as beating the WR is just laughable. And in the end.. not really worth it.

jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Elixir wrote:
jonny5 wrote:but i will be the first to apologize if he posts legitimate evidence of his VP1 score
So you respect people based on their high scores? Jesus christ.

as usual, wtf are you talking about??

no....all i meant was if he truly does have a godly viperphase 1 score i will apologize for shit talking him about it....i called him a liar after all....if it turns out i am wrong, its only right i apologize

god your an ass elixir :roll:
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

as usual, wtf are you talking about??
Pretty much exactly what I said, you're going to back out if he puts up. But..
no....all i meant was if he truly does have a godly viperphase 1 score i will apologize for shit talking him about it....i called him a liar after all....if it turns out i am wrong, its only right i apologize
He doesn't. What, you couldn't tell? You seriously can't tell judging by what he's said and what's been presented in this thread? I didn't think you were this dense.
god your an ass elixir :roll:
you're*