under defeat world record

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

dmauro wrote:I'm a little disappointed you didn't update your blog all weekend. You said you were practicing 3 hours a day. :(
3hrs a day and you cant break 500,000? :shock:

you realize to get the world record you have to PLAY FOR SCORE, right?
antares

Post by antares »

Oh man is this thread serious? I think this guy is just making some sort of weird joke.
On the first page he said he played the game like hell for the last month and he can't even finish stage 2 or score 500k???
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

dmauro wrote:I'm a little disappointed you didn't update your blog all weekend. You said you were practicing 3 hours a day. :(
So much for dedication and determination. :roll:
DBH87

Post by DBH87 »

Lets face it, this guy sucks balls. Lock please
clp

Post by clp »

Jockel

Post by Jockel »

we're still waiting for your EPIC viper phase 1 score, that puts any other score to shame.
Mortificator

Post by Mortificator »

Guys, it doesn't matter if he actually sets the world record. It matters that he...

Elixir

Post by Elixir »

i don't mean to be discouraging but you suck and your thread sucks

the dumb image macros are flooding in now, so let me throw in another vote to lock this.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

Elixir wrote:i don't mean to be discouraging but you suck and your thread sucks

the dumb image macros are flooding in now, so let me throw in another vote to lock this.
Yes, this is getting a bit silly now, just people lining up to take the piss out of the poor guy :P
Blinx123

Post by Blinx123 »

BTW:

The best place to look for WR scores is Twin Galaxies.

And yes, you (the OP) suck (no offense) :lol:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

what i dont get is you are 19 right?

how old were you when wolfenstein came out?...i find it odd that you play that game...

you had to have been like what 5?

or did it take you 14 years to develop the uber-skills you have now?
kengou

Post by kengou »

I just fired up UD for the first time in what must be a year now and got to 1-3 with a higher score than the one you have in the high score thread. I hate to sound rude or whatever but I'm not even good at UD, I hardly play it, I have no delusion that I'm going to even 1cc it (I just don't care enough, there's other games I enjoy more). What's more, UD is a tough game, it gets pretty darn hard in the late stages. I just don't think you're being realistic at all when you say you'll go for the world record score.

But please, prove us all wrong and post back here after a year or two of constant daily play with a world record score.
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
Dale

Post by Dale »

I know...you just gotta believe.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

kengou wrote:I just fired up UD for the first time in what must be a year now and got to 1-3 with a higher score than the one you have in the high score thread.
But he only plays games with his eyes closed
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

henry dark wrote:Yes, this is getting a bit silly now, just people lining up to take the piss out of the poor guy :P
The irony is that if the thread does get locked it will be because of those people acting like idiots, not because of lilmanjs himself.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Ghegs wrote:
henry dark wrote:Yes, this is getting a bit silly now, just people lining up to take the piss out of the poor guy :P
The irony is that if the thread does get locked it will be because of those people acting like idiots, not because of lilmanjs himself.
Like attracts like.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

So how about that picture of your high score record in Viper Phase 1? Hmm?
clp

Post by clp »

Elixir wrote:
Ghegs wrote:
Like attracts like.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Shmups forum sinks to a new low in this thread.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ghegs wrote:
Dave_K. wrote:Shmups forum sinks to a new low in this thread.
I am in agreement with these posts…

The behavior displayed here as well as through out these forums is horrible and such a shame…
gabe

Post by gabe »

henry dark wrote:
kengou wrote:I just fired up UD for the first time in what must be a year now and got to 1-3 with a higher score than the one you have in the high score thread.
I'd believe it. I once heard of a deaf, dumb, blind kid, who sure played a mean pinball.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

The behavior displayed here as well as through out these forums is horrible and such a shame…
I think it's awesome
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

gabe wrote:
henry dark wrote:
I'd believe it. I once heard of a deaf, dumb, blind kid, who sure played a mean pinball.
Or that blind kid that would beat all his friends at Tekken. (He actually did. I think it had something to do with him just paying good attention to the sound clues.)
antares

Post by antares »

clp wrote: Image
Poor cat. That's cruelty to animals.
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

that serious cat and photoshop

i lol'd....gold right there :!: :D
320x240

Post by 320x240 »

The really bad thing about this thread is that some of the worst offenders are regulars. No wonder a lot of the really old timers never seem to post here anymore.
jpj

Post by jpj »

nah, we had plenty of cunts back in the day as well. probably more actually

lilmanjs: can you put your blog web address in your sig, so it's easier for me to find, than searching through the thread. cheers!
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

320x240 wrote:The really bad thing about this thread is that some of the worst offenders are regulars. No wonder a lot of the really old timers never seem to post here anymore.
this thread is a joke.....buddy sux at the game but is looking to score the WR

he's asking to get slammed....especially 'scoffing' at real scores set by skilled players.....

should we help further disillusion him by encouraging him?
gabe

Post by gabe »

jonny5 wrote:should we help further disillusion him by encouraging him?
I tend to agree. There are 2 points I would like to make:
  1. Contrary to what you were told in elementary school, everyone is NOT a winner.
  2. This is the internet. Flames get thrown back and forth. It's to be expected.
All of that being said, I would love to see this kid try. I would love it even more if he made me eat my words. It would be one of those great inspirational stories. Kinda like the movie Rudy.
clp

Post by clp »

since when did so many people become serious over computer games? seriously its pathetic , forums are a good laugh and also informative just like any other kinda conversation sometimes serious sometimes jokey ,seriously people thicken your skin i cant believe how miserable some people are being over a little fun poking even more so it being over a computer game and someone talking childish rubbish about beating world records .