Raiden 3 Angst

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
radiant silvergun

Raiden 3 Angst

Post by radiant silvergun »

I've been waiting for this game since playing Raiden 2 extensively with the release of Raiden Project for the PS. That was oh... back in 1994.

That is all.
8)
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Yeah, it's awesome we're getting a sequel to a shooter which was released 11 years ago, 15 if you count the first game. We are living in a renewed golden age of shooter releases with Cave leading the charge (not to mention they most like have former Raizing staff now) and others like Seibu coming back from the grave...words too many words. It's just a great time to be a shmup fan.
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

so is this coming to a console or are we just getting excited about the arcade release?
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

^Thats what I was wondering.
As far as consoles releases go, Raiden DX is pretty fuggin good.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Guardians Knight wrote:so is this coming to a console or are we just getting excited about the arcade release?
It should come to PS2, can't recall where i read it though. It seems that most of the type X shmups are thought with at least one port in mind :?
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
lech

Post by lech »

i expect a PS2 port since taito, the games publisher, hates every other console. in the long (financial) run it does make sense i guess, but it still burns me. now i'll have to drop the cash on a goddamned PS2 to play this game, damn you taito!
lech
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

lech wrote:i expect a PS2 port since taito, the games publisher, hates every other console. in the long (financial) run it does make sense i guess, but it still burns me. now i'll have to drop the cash on a goddamned PS2 to play this game, damn you taito!
Taito seems to have a knack for ensuring any arcade title it puts out gets a home version lately. I'm betting on Homura showing up, probably sooner than we expect if Psyvariar 2 is an indication.

By that logic, too bad they aren't publishing Cave's arcade stuff- if that were so then we may have seen Ketsui hit PS2 as well as a Feveron/Guwange/Esprade pack.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Post by Raidenfighter Kirkov »

lech wrote:i expect a PS2 port since taito, the games publisher, hates every other console. in the long (financial) run it does make sense i guess, but it still burns me. now i'll have to drop the cash on a goddamned PS2 to play this game, damn you taito!
You dont need to buy a PS2...just buy the Taito X kit.

:wink:

Show us you are a REAL SONYHATER !
:D

RFK
radiant silvergun

Post by radiant silvergun »

RAIDEN 3.

10 freakin' years, I've been waiting. I'd rank this game along with the movies Terminator 3 and Alien vs. Predator as the top three things I've been waiting forever for. T3 and AvP came to light. Now, RAIDEN 3.

Give me!
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

radiant silvergun wrote:RAIDEN 3.

10 freakin' years, I've been waiting. I'd rank this game along with the movies Terminator 3 and Alien vs. Predator as the top three things I've been waiting forever for. T3 and AvP came to light. Now, RAIDEN 3.

Give me!
Is the "GunDog" (aka RaidenFighters) series so different that you can't call them sequels? I'm just asking without irony, as I never played a Raiden Fighter game.
X - P - B
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Raiden 3 on the PS2 may seriously push this console (if you consider it in conjunction with all the ps1 games) up to the very top of my shmuppy console list...never mind dragon blaze, all the cave games, etc. etc.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
lech

Post by lech »

Raidenfighter Kirkov wrote:
You dont need to buy a PS2...just buy the Taito X kit.

:wink:

Show us you are a REAL SONYHATER !
:D

RFK
HA, i may be a devoted sony hater, but i'm also a poor bastard.

i'd love to get my hands on a type-x kit though. what sort of hookup does it use? it's not JAMMA compatible, it doesn't need to be, right? just plug a VGA (?) monitor and a few USB joysticks in and you're good to go. or am i misunderstanding things?
lech
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

It been such a long time since the last post I did in the forums. Well I'm back.

I hope that Raiden III will come out in the States, I have my hopes up.