Yagawa's Laserfight!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Thank you very much, sir. Works great! I got some suicide bullets from the dragons on my last credit :twisted:
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Wait until you get to stage2. Narrow spaces, waves of enemies impossible to kill at speed without Curve/Spread/Reflect, and a volcano section that makes the one in Gradius look like an anthill.

I haven't got anywhere near the st2 boss yet. -_-;;

By the way, you can probably get away with doing steps 6 and 7 only in the RuMSX config on subsequent loads.
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Yeah, it saves all of the other options. I did something in the options that made it run faster, but it was running at something like 20x speed. :lol:

Just got to stage 2, by the way, and it's excellent. Definitely need 4way for the enemies that pop out from behind.

I'll have to make a mix to listen to while I play.
ave

Post by ave »

This looks like a mix of Salamander for MSX and Yagawas custom special weapons. I wonder why this did not have any license trouble with Konami, it could easily be considered as part of the Gradius/Salamander series.

Here's the entry on the game soft database:

http://gsdb.or.tp/index.php?moji=%C6%FE ... 5%A4%A5%C8
THE ETERNAL
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Zebra Airforce wrote:Yeah, it saves all of the other options. I did something in the options that made it run faster, but it was running at something like 20x speed. :lol:
LOL, yeah. If you go into the Performance options and turn off "Try to run at real MSX speed" the game goes into hyperspeed, and if anything it's almost like playing a hori Recca.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Hmm, changed the CPU frequency in blueMSX to 6MHz and it still slows down proportionally if you shoot.
I think unless someone modifies the game's code, we have to stick with the slowdown.
Well actually, if you're always shooting you get a pretty constant framerate with that setting. :P
Just don't suddenly let go the shot button or you'll experience a quick death... :lol:
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

Hmm, changed the CPU frequency in blueMSX to 6MHz and it still slows down proportionally if you shoot.
I think unless someone modifies the game's code, we have to stick with the slowdown.
I agree it appears to be the same as Gradius in this respect. The whole game varies only with CPU speed, not just the more intense parts.
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

Got to the second boss early this morning. It's totally insane! I haven't played since then. I wonder if there is some simple way to beat him I'm not seeing.
Ed Oscuro

Re:

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Arasoi found another copy of Yagawa's Laserfight on Y!AJ if anybody's interested.