STG covers album: Out Now! Direct download!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
joeboto

Post by joeboto »

last submission.
toaplan - batsugun - heartbeat (stage 1)

EDIT: fixed something, added proper ending.
Last edited by joeboto on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is to us a sufficient body in which, fairies and it is packed and can group of play.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Alright. I believe my first one's done...

http://two.xthost.info/thecoop/The_Coop ... ome_v2.mp3

... and here's the original from the Genesis...

http://two.xthost.info/thecoop/Raiden_Trad_Ending.mp3

Edit: Reuploaded my remix. Had a small problem and fixed it.
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

Bal-Sagoth: Make sure you place a warning on that album: "May cause unsettling dreams in youths less than 13 years of age."

And maybe also "May cause unsettling dreams in ANYONE who listens" for "The Rolling Worms" and "Bloody Bloom" (the latter isn't particularly unnerving as it is, but in Metroid style? Er...).

If anyone's trying to choose a song...Are any of you interested in Battle Bakraid? Between "Terrible Object", "The Advance", "Crisis", "Steam Syndrome", "Battle Logic", and "Aqua Zone", there must be something that would work...
Seb@s

Post by Seb@s »

thanks guys, you rock!!!

a few more remix/arrange for the radio.

i'm really amazed by joeboto ;) you rock man, i didn't know that you knew how to arrange the music at your sauce.
amazed by the Worstplayer geometrywars track, the excellent Hector87 remix by kozo too.

The Coop ;), respect! :D keeeeep up the good work!
>> more Video Game Music DJ MIXES (my Youtube Channel)
worstplayer

Post by worstplayer »

Improved Gigawing mix: http://rapidshare.com/files/145696324/gigawing.mp3.html
I added some dynamics and changed some instruments so it sounds less "flat".

Speaking of which: Will someone do mastering of that album?
Ie. should we upload processed or "raw" songs?
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
RGC

Post by RGC »

I'm sure something interesting could be done with Verytex's stage 1 track - uplifting as the original already is. Impressive stuff going on in this thread!
MX7

Post by MX7 »

worstplayer wrote: Speaking of which: Will someone do mastering of that album?
Eretsua has kindly volunteered to mix and master the album, so unless anyone else has a crushing objection, I imagine that's how things are going to swing. As far as your own production goes, just do the best you can, and I'm sure it'll be mastered fine!
rtw

Post by rtw »

What's the legality on remixes/tributes ? If there are no obstacles I can host the album on WOA as MP3's.

rtw
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
eretsua

Post by eretsua »

legality of remixes varies from country to country and is a bit of a gray area but as a general rule it's safe to say they fall under the american legal term "fair use". on top of that hardly any company wants to burn their fingers on putting a stop on something as small as this compilation. for example, to the best of my knowledge, OCR(emixes) has never been asked to remove remixes/tributes form their server by a copyright holder. and in japan there are a huge amount of covers/remixes/tributes for all kinds of anime and videogames that are available (some even commercially) without getting into trouble with the copyright holder. but like i said, in most countries remixes/covers are a bit of a gray area.
warning: a huge warning sign is approaching fast!
http://community.livejournal.com/the_dump_ever/profile/
rtw

Post by rtw »

eretsua wrote:legality of remixes varies from country to country and is a bit of a gray area but as a general rule it's safe to say they fall under the american legal term "fair use". on top of that hardly any company wants to burn their fingers on putting a stop on something as small as this compilation. for example, to the best of my knowledge, OCR(emixes) has never been asked to remove remixes/tributes form their server by a copyright holder. and in japan there are a huge amount of covers/remixes/tributes for all kinds of anime and videogames that are available (some even commercially) without getting into trouble with the copyright holder. but like i said, in most countries remixes/covers are a bit of a gray area.
Sounds like I can host them on WOA then :D If this is ok with you eretsua PM me when things are closing in and I'll whip up a download page.

rtw
eretsua

Post by eretsua »

MX7 wrote:
worstplayer wrote: Speaking of which: Will someone do mastering of that album?
Eretsua has kindly volunteered to mix and master the album, so unless anyone else has a crushing objection, I imagine that's how things are going to swing.
i'm totally still up for mastering it though if someone else wants to do that i'm also cool with that as well.

@ rtw: for hosting it, well i guess that is kind of up to MX7 as this his initiative. but for what it's worth i'm a proponent of your kind offer.
warning: a huge warning sign is approaching fast!
http://community.livejournal.com/the_dump_ever/profile/
rtw

Post by rtw »

eretsua wrote:@ rtw: for hosting it, well i guess that is kind of up to MX7 as this his initiative. but for what it's worth i'm a proponent of your kind offer.
Sorry about that, totally forgot that MX7 was the instigator.

rtw
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

rtw wrote:What's the legality on remixes/tributes ? If there are no obstacles I can host the album on WOA as MP3's.

rtw
It's only when a company finds out you're selling remixes of their music for profit, without making a deal with them (licensing, royalties, etc.), that they get irked. OCR has had rather famous people from the game music industry who made the original songs us amateurs are remixing, submit remixes of their own music. In fact, Tommy Talerico was trying to get people to submit remixes of Earthworm Jim music a while back to use on an album he was doing.

So unless money's changing hands, remixes are fine. Just be sure that the ID3v2 tags credit the original composer, have who has the copyright, and make a note in the "Comments" section that it's a remix of song _________ from game _________.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Just want to check in and let the group know that I'm about to finally lay down some guitar on my entry...

8)
mr_m0nks

Post by mr_m0nks »

only noticed this post today, you folks still looking for entries?

i was looking to do a version of R-Types stage 1 music when i get back to London in a week or so, whats the time scale?
Now comes with Gaming Blog and Twitter:
http://mctgaming.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/mr_m0nks
All Your Shmups are belong to us!
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Nate wrote:Just want to check in and let the group know that I'm about to finally lay down some guitar on my entry...

8)
Might as well comment on the progression of our contribution. We've got the bass and violin down, as well as about half of the guitar tracks. The drums still need some work. All in all it's coming along nicely, though.
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

Herr Schatten wrote:
Nate wrote:Just want to check in and let the group know that I'm about to finally lay down some guitar on my entry...

8)
Might as well comment on the progression of our contribution. We've got the bass and violin down, as well as about half of the guitar tracks. The drums still need some work. All in all it's coming along nicely, though.
Do you guys got a recording studio?
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

themachinist wrote:Do you guys got a recording studio?
No, just the lumber-room in our guitarist's flat and a computer with a huge HD. The drums are programmed. There's no way we could record them.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

@rtw: If you could host the album on World of Arcades, that would be awesome!

@eretsua: Well, at this point, I think I'll name you official master-er, if that's cool with you :D

@situation regarding legality: I'm absolutely certain that as long as we acknowledge the relevant artists, and stress that each work is a cover song, we will run into no trouble at all :)

@mr_m0nks: Submissions are still open, but possibly not for too much longer. If you can get something in in the next couple of weeks, that should be fine and dandy!

@nate/vodkatron: I just heard your submission and it's awesome!

@Herr Schatten: I'm looking forward to finally hearing your entry :D
Nate

Post by Nate »

MX7: Great, thanks! I think it's done. :D

I think this is going to be a great album! Glad to be part of Vol. 1!

-Nate
MX7

Post by MX7 »

initial post updated. Anyone who wants to get a track on the album, get cracking :o
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Had a cold for a while, that messed up my hearing. However, I should be able to finish my second song tonight and hopefully get it uploaded.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Cool, no worries :)

My deadline is more of an idle threat than anything :lol:
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

why is there nobody doing the music from under defeat? that game has amazing music.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

MX7 wrote:My deadline is more of an idle threat than anything :lol:
Did you manage to download our track? It occured to me that it might be not too self-explanatory what to do on that download site, it being in german and all ...
szycag

Post by szycag »

I wish I was talented enough to whip something up. I was working on a Thunderforce 3 mix but it was just kinda flat.
That is Galactic Dancing
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Herr Schatten wrote:
MX7 wrote:My deadline is more of an idle threat than anything :lol:
Did you manage to download our track? It occured to me that it might be not too self-explanatory what to do on that download site, it being in german and all ...
Sorry, I'm awful at forgetting to message people back :P

Yeah, I downloaded it and it was awesome! A very nice arrangement indeed, and it's going to complement the rest of the album very well, I feel :D
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

I lost my Reason CDs & I have no way of getting it cheap. I'd love to do a breakcore rmeix of Ketsui's second level, but then I'm not that good at remixing anyway.
indstr

Post by indstr »

Ayayay. I procrastinated too long and now I doubt I will have enough time to make a track. So no harpsichord version of the ESP Galuda level 2 music. Sorry :D Unless the deadline somehow gets pushed back to january
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

RGC wrote:I'm sure something interesting could be done with Verytex's stage 1 track - uplifting as the original already is. Impressive stuff going on in this thread!
Indeed. A track worth the whole game. An arrangement of that would rock!
X - P - B