PCE Darius Plus and DOJ hyper settings

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dbd

PCE Darius Plus and DOJ hyper settings

Post by dbd »

How to get the difficulty select menu on Darius Plus?

I can see it in the booklet, but because I don't read Japanese can't tell if it is an unlock, or what.

In DDPDOJ I am meaning the menu system where you can alter all kinds of settings, this is just for a laugh it's not for scoring or playing tacticly - I can't figure how the hyper meter works, there's a percentage bar, and there is also another setting that alters it, I've tried various combinations but I can't get it to start and stay on hyper - this is a crap description I know, it's in the same sub-menu as the in-game replays.
TVG

Post by TVG »

uh...these settings only work in the simulation mode (play it by entering in the "stage select" menu) not the main game...
dbd

-

Post by dbd »

Yeah, what I mean is that they do not seem to 'take' - whether the hyper meter is at 100% or not on at all, seems to make no diff. - but, because there is more than one setting I thought that I had to use some other combination before the hyper ones could be adjusted to make a difference.

For example there is the hyper count, and the percentage bar - it seemed to be that the count was equivalent to the power ( number of bees or wasps or hornets ) and the percentage equivalent to the time in hyper mode, but they don't seem to make any difference.
TVG

Post by TVG »

hyper count = what it says, simulates how many hypers you used, the more, the harder stuff gets.

hyper on/off = start with an activated hyper.

hyper time = lets you simulate how much your activated hyper will last.

hyper gauge = put it above 100% (one full bar) and a hyper icon will appear as you start, you got it? put it to 90% and do some chains, the hyper will appear.