My shmup music website.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tomtom

My shmup music website.

Post by Tomtom »

Hey, I'm not sure whether it would be better to put this here or in OT, but I recently started up a new site called Shmuptunes, where I'm going to put MIDI sequences of some of the cooler tunes from the shootemup world. It started last week, and thus far I only have two sequences up, but feel free to go check it out! There's also a request form if you have anything you'd like to hear.

www.freewebs.com/tomtomulon
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

Wow. Really nice!

Hope that requests don't pour in!
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
nZero

Post by nZero »

Pretty awesome. What synth are you writing these on?
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

I'm using Cakewalk Home Studio 7, the program I've had for...god, I don't know how many years. It's just general MIDI.
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

GAHH! Already got 4 requests. Actually, though, one of them I was planning on doing anyway, and two are from a game I've been playing a lot of recently.

I've never heard the soundtrack to R-Type Final. Could whoever posted it (if they go here) hook me up with an mp3? I'll see what I can do.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Tomtom wrote:I've never heard the soundtrack to R-Type Final. Could whoever posted it (if they go here) hook me up with an mp3? I'll see what I can do.
I didn't make the request, but I'll try to help nonetheless. You can find selected MP3s from all the games in the series, including Final, from here. IGN also hosts the the US version's credits song here.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
RedKnight

Post by RedKnight »

Tomtom wrote:I'm using Cakewalk Home Studio 7, the program I've had for...god, I don't know how many years. It's just general MIDI.
Gawd
I wanna get my hands on Storm 3 or Fruity Loops for my own music composing
King Slime

Post by King Slime »

I'm guessing Tom that you were the guy who submitted the ESPgaluda midi to vgmusic's new file section considering that yours was the exact same midi. I was there recently and I saved it to my desktop because it was one of my favorite midis. I'd just like to say that your midis are really solid.
"If capcom must crank a new game every 3 months, it's your duty to keep on top of the new developments in your fanfic script, no matter how not fun it is."
-The silly wisdom of DJ Incompetent
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

King Slime wrote:I'm guessing Tom that you were the guy who submitted the ESPgaluda midi to vgmusic's new file section considering that yours was the exact same midi. I was there recently and I saved it to my desktop because it was one of my favorite midis. I'd just like to say that your midis are really solid.
Thank you!

There's a new MIDI up on the site, it's a remix of the boss battle theme from ESPRaDe. I may post the original later, as I started a sequence of it, but it sounds radically different from the original (anyone know how to do wah-wah guitar and electronic drums in MIDI?)
nZero

Post by nZero »

Tomtom wrote:There's a new MIDI up on the site, it's a remix of the boss battle theme from ESPRaDe.
Sweet :D
Tomtom wrote:I may post the original later, as I started a sequence of it, but it sounds radically different from the original (anyone know how to do wah-wah guitar and electronic drums in MIDI?)
The wah effect is a bit outside of the scope of General MIDI, unfortunately. Different drumkits can be selected by issuing a patch change on channel 10, though. I've got a list of the commonly supported extra drumkits on my site.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Tomtom wrote:There's a new MIDI up on the site, it's a remix of the boss battle theme from ESPRaDe.
Sweet :D
Tomtom wrote:I may post the original later, as I started a sequence of it, but it sounds radically different from the original (anyone know how to do wah-wah guitar and electronic drums in MIDI?)
The wah effect is a bit outside of the scope of General MIDI, unfortunately. Different drumkits can be selected by issuing a patch change on channel 10, though. I've got a list of the commonly supported extra drumkits on my site.
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

Great job on the Raging decide. I'm hoping to hear it on my dad's laptop, because it has a better Midi quality.

You're a really great sequencer. Any original songs?
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

You had to ask ;)

I just posted a whole load of originals up there. There aren't too many shmuppy ones, but there are quite a few. Maybe more to come, if I can find them, there are some of my favorites that were missing...

Oh, and I'm going to try my hand at some Blast Wind, I believe.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

I know you stopped taking requests but I just have to sorry. :wink:

ESPGaluda stages 2 and 4

Stab and Stomp- Garegga
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

You can still make requests, just send them to shmuptunes @ hotmail.com. I just can't guarantee I'll finish anything, I'm lucky if I get a sequence a week done.