Hope Winds/Lords of Thunder is in the Top 10 this year!!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Let's change votes. I'll add a point on my vote of Nexzr for each user who votes for Space Manbow from now on.

Nexzr don't even have a secondary weapon!
HardcoreOtaku

Post by HardcoreOtaku »

Yes I'm a big fan Winds/Lords of thunder,
I started this thread as a bit of fun, that's why I vistit this forum and play Shmups, its recreational, for fun.
Last thing I wanted was for this campaign to get into some big versus War with another PCE game.
So I'm stopping my campaign now.
Last edited by HardcoreOtaku on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

Shatterhand wrote:Let's change votes. I'll add a point on my vote of Nexzr for each user who votes for Space Manbow from now on.
Done. Manbow is a good game and I was actually thinking about voting for it. :)
Shatterhand wrote: Nexzr don't even have a secondary weapon!
Of course it does, it just doesn't use a second button.
Ceph

Post by Ceph »

HardcoreOtaku wrote:Yes I'm a big fan Winds/Lords of thunder,
I started this thread as a bit of fun, that's why I vistit this forum and play Shmups, its recreational, for fun.
Last thing I wanted was for this campaign get into some big versus War with another PCE game.
So I'm stopping my campaign now.
Don't take this too seriously. It's all in good humor. Your thread just made me realize that Nexzr could use some more attention. What one considers to be top-25 material all boils down to opinion and taste anyway; so trying to be objective is probably a wasted effort to begin with. :)
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Did you really vote for Space Manbow? I'll check it out...

I was just playing above, I didn't even had voted for Nexzr to "take the vote back". Like I said, in a top 50 the game would have a spot, but not in my top 25. Heck, I already left some favourites of mine out... I still want to put Gunbird 2 and Warning Forever there...

Edit: Duh, you still haven't sorted out your votes. So no deal. :D

Now seriously, don't vote for Space Manbow just to get a point of Nexzr, I won't do it :) Vote for Space Manbow because YOU KNOW it's better than Nexzr :D
jp

Post by jp »

RGC wrote:Call me a sentimental old fuckpiece, but not everyone is basing their list on games currently enjoyed. Mine is a mixture of those I have to thank for sustaining my interest over time, and those I still turn to for thrills. I didn't have access to many cd-rom games for my Duo, back when I was a mere whipper snapper. But Lords will always hold a special place for me, since it enthused me more than many games on other systems of the same period. I played it recently on the VC and it's still very good, if perhaps a little on the easy side. Regardless, it'll certainly remain in my top 25 for 2008, even if that means the exclusion of games I'd rather play on a daily basis. Now if I can only work Tatsujin (MD) into that damn list... :(
Exactly. I played the hell out of Lords of Thunder when I was a kid, so it holds nostalgia for me. That, and it really is a fun game with great boss battles. Life bars be damned!!!!!

Shit, people should just be glad I don't put King's Knight on my list, since that and Sky Shark were the first two NES games I ever owned aside from Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Ceph wrote:
Shatterhand wrote:Let's change votes. I'll add a point on my vote of Nexzr for each user who votes for Space Manbow from now on.
Done. Manbow is a good game and I was actually thinking about voting for it. :)
That's a game? I thought it was a nickname for someone's penis.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Ceph wrote: I don't ask anyone to vote for Nexzr for my sake, but because it deserves it. Unlike Lords of Thunder it's not flash over substance.
Wait, Nexzr has substance now? I remember it being an extremely flashy game that gets very memorizey at the end, and has uneven difficulty throughout the levels. Examples: The beginning of st3 is way harder than the rest, the corridor's enemies never get to fire if you grab the side-firing missiles, st2's second half is barely populated...

Not to say I don't dig them both! And I listened to the Nexzr music on the way to work today.
Humans, think about what you have done
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

The Coop wrote:That's a game? I thought it was a nickname for someone's penis.
It's both. Good games are like that.
Just thinking about it gives me a good feeling in my Thunderforce.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Herr Schatten wrote:
The Coop wrote:That's a game? I thought it was a nickname for someone's penis.
It's both. Good games are like that.
Just thinking about it gives me a good feeling in my Thunderforce.
You should take some Zanac and fix that. Then your Pulstar won't act up so much unexpectedly.
-Roufuss-

Post by -Roufuss- »

louisg wrote:
jp wrote: Too bad it looks like shit on the VC. :? God I need another PC-Engine Duo.
Hmm, I don't have a Wii, but what did they mess up? Does it look totally smeared?
Yea, I'm wondering this too - I don't have a TG-16 or a Turbo Duo system, and it seems all the games I was interested in it for have appeared on the VC (or will appear, possibly), so it would be easier for me to just grab the handful of shmups I wanted rather than track down a potentially expensive system and games.

But if the VC versions are horrible, well...
overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

If this were for the best shmup OST, this would easily be in the top 10
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
jp

Post by jp »

-Roufuss- wrote:
louisg wrote:
jp wrote: Too bad it looks like shit on the VC. :? God I need another PC-Engine Duo.
Hmm, I don't have a Wii, but what did they mess up? Does it look totally smeared?
Yea, I'm wondering this too - I don't have a TG-16 or a Turbo Duo system, and it seems all the games I was interested in it for have appeared on the VC (or will appear, possibly), so it would be easier for me to just grab the handful of shmups I wanted rather than track down a potentially expensive system and games.

But if the VC versions are horrible, well...

If you never played the originals then you might not notice.

But, well, I can't exactly place it, but its just looks... like it was smeared together or something? Hard to explain.

Also, the sound is screwed up on some of the games (Gate of Thunder).
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!