Ketsui X and Daioujou Black Label X - Ports for Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
iconoclast

Re: Ketsui X and Daioujou Black Label X - Ports for Xbox 360

Post by iconoclast »

ratikal wrote:Does anyone have a video or scans of the DOJ X artwork? I'd really be interested in seeing them and would appreciate if someone who had the game would upload a video or something.
I can capture an image of each piece of art and put them up for download somewhere.

Here's a preview:
(click for 1280x720)
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Oh man, that would be awesome if you don't mind!

To be honest, the art gallery was my only reason to consider buying the game. I've played X-mode at my buds house and it isn't as fun as I'd thought. That, and well I have DOJBL on MAME.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

I like the arrange soundtrack on the 360 version, but you're better off playing on MAME because the training mode is practically useless. The load times are still annoying as well, even with the patch.

Anyway, here's all of the DOJ concept art (70 images in total): http://imgur.com/a/LHsZH#0

edit: original link died.
Last edited by iconoclast on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZenErik

Post by ZenErik »

iconoclast wrote:I like the arrange soundtrack on the 360 version, but you're better off playing on MAME because the training mode is practically useless. The load times are still annoying as well, even with the patch.

Anyway, here's all of the DOJ concept art (70 images in total): http://depositfiles.com/files/5jevo39vi
How does the PS2 version compare? I have a burned DVD of it, but have no played it much.

360 version is great, but the load times are awful. It's like watching grass grow. MAME is nice too, of course.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

ZenErik wrote:
iconoclast wrote:I like the arrange soundtrack on the 360 version, but you're better off playing on MAME because the training mode is practically useless. The load times are still annoying as well, even with the patch.

Anyway, here's all of the DOJ concept art (70 images in total): http://depositfiles.com/files/5jevo39vi
How does the PS2 version compare? I have a burned DVD of it, but have no played it much.

360 version is great, but the load times are awful. It's like watching grass grow. MAME is nice too, of course.
Afaik both espgaluda/doj (the 2 ports done by arika) are really good. I only have a small amount of experience with espgaluda's and it seemed top notch.

@iconoclast did you remove that zip file? it says it was removed or deleted due to copyright.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

I guess the depositfile ninjas are pretty fast. I'm not sure where else to upload them, so here they are in an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/LHsZH#0
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Eh, its not as interesting as the Ketsui art gallery. But thank you for taking the time to upload it all. I really appreciate it! :D
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

iconoclast wrote:I guess the depositfile ninjas are pretty fast. I'm not sure where else to upload them, so here they are in an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/LHsZH#0
Thanks for that.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Okay, so I've started digging into this game again, but it seems as though, even after the patch, I still get the horrible blur filter when I actually play the game. It's gone anytime I finish a game and it goes into attract mode, but then if I start a new game, the filter is back. Anyone else had this issue and have a way to resolve it?
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

I didn't play much post-patch, but I didn't think the game seemed particularly sharper. Certainly nowhere near say... Ketsui. So I dunno.
msm

Post by msm »

does anyone know why the scoreboard says stage 6 - in DOJ black label 360 version (2-loop game) - i guess it just mean 1-All?

i got a 1-all (:D) and was just a bit confused by this as there isn't a stage 6 and i've failed to find any more info about this via google, bit worried i had some wierd settings enabled so it doesn't count :?
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

msm wrote:does anyone know why the scoreboard says stage 6 - in DOJ black label 360 version (2-loop game) - i guess it just mean 1-All?

i got a 1-all (:D) and was just a bit confused by this as there isn't a stage 6 and i've failed to find any more info about this via google, bit worried i had some wierd settings enabled so it doesn't count :?
I think you answered your own question.
If you are playing a 2 loop, five stage game and you beat the first loop, the game proceeds to “stage 6” which would be the first stage of loop 2.
msm

Post by msm »

^ Thanks :)