Ketsui X and Daioujou Black Label X - Ports for Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
njiska

Re: Ketsui X and Daioujou Black Label X - Ports for Xbox 360

Post by njiska »

xybur wrote:Anybody care to share the patch for those who are using a jtag to play import games (i.e. me). I bought the discs in support of cave, but I obviously can't get the patches because I'm not able to connect my system to live.

Getting the patch would require know how on the way title updates work and being able to read the contents of your hard drive so you can pull the patch file off and copy it.

I understand if no one wants to help, but I'll understand either way. Doesn't hurt to ask.
For this reason and many others someone should really request a USB load from 5PB and dd the contents.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Elixir wrote:
Are you choosing 1P Game instead of Xbox Live?

Can you take a picture of the leaderboards message? The only one I've seen indicates that they do in fact work.
Definitely Xbox Live. I'll take a picture of it next time to be certain -- thanks.
bcass wrote:If you're referring to Ketsui, that game only saves the top 999 scores to each modes leaderboard.
Yeah, but it's not even showing me on my friends leaderboard. :(
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Rupert H wrote:Is there an issue with the online leaderboards with these two games at the moment? When ever I play an Xbox Live game it doesn't show my score at the end and I'm not appearing on the leaderboards. My console is definitely online but I'm getting a message in Japanese telling me something about leaderboards but I've no idea what it is. Any ideas?
Are you using the 'Restart'/'Quick Restart' function on your Xbox Live runs at all? That might be what's killing your chances to submit.
The even more retarded part is that pausing kills whatever replay's being recorded during the run. Pausing.
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Restarting... of course. I should've remembered that shit from Mushi on the PS2. I can't believe they still do that.

Thanks guys. :D
NzzpNzzp

Post by NzzpNzzp »

Rupert H wrote:Yeah, but it's not even showing me on my friends leaderboard. :(
There isn't a friends leaderboard. There's a leaderboard that can be sorted to only display friends, but if you're not on it, you won't show up no matter what filters you put on. Could be that.
SFKhoa wrote:Are you using the 'Restart'/'Quick Restart' function on your Xbox Live runs at all? That might be what's killing your chances to submit.
The even more retarded part is that pausing kills whatever replay's being recorded during the run. Pausing.
I restart like eight thousand times every time I wanna play, and Ketsui's always let me upload and save replays. Pretty certain I've paused too, but I guess I'm not sure about that.
I haven't tried DOJ though. Are we talking about DOJ? We talking about Ketsui or DOJ, Rupert?
chempop

Post by chempop »

Speaking of restarting, is DOJblex the only game that forces you back to stage1? I like being able to restart from the stage I'm at, thought this would be fixed with the patch, oh well.

Really happy I can practice stage 5 powered up though (press start, not A-button). Too bad there is no rank control for practice though, anyone know if practicing is at no-miss rank or default?

About the overscan, I have to set it down to 90% to see everything due to my Tvs geometry, but it looks pretty good. I need to figure out how to adjust my tated Sanyos so the right side on the screen isn't black.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
NzzpNzzp

Post by NzzpNzzp »

Ketsui forces you back to stage 1 when you restart too, yeah. Puts you back at the ship select screen, even.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

NzzpNzzp wrote:I haven't tried DOJ though. Are we talking about DOJ?
I was referring to DOJ, yeah.
NzzpNzzp

Post by NzzpNzzp »

Just another thing wrong with that port, I guess. It's still claiming I got to stage 6 in one of my scores.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

SFKhoa wrote:
Rupert H wrote:Is there an issue with the online leaderboards with these two games at the moment? When ever I play an Xbox Live game it doesn't show my score at the end and I'm not appearing on the leaderboards. My console is definitely online but I'm getting a message in Japanese telling me something about leaderboards but I've no idea what it is. Any ideas?
Are you using the 'Restart'/'Quick Restart' function on your Xbox Live runs at all? That might be what's killing your chances to submit.
I am suddenly reminded of Mario Kart 64's ghost system.

I could understand taking too long being grounds for ghost data not being savable. But crashing into something or pausing? lolmao
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Can you pause in the arcade? No? Well then .. :3
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Okay fellows, I don't have a flikr/photobucket account, but this Facebook album should be viewable by anyone.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... =638116439

Those are from DDP DOJ BLX and Ketsui. It gives me this message before I start an Xbox Live game and won't let me save or upload my score afterwards. I didn't pause or restart on either attempt. Just for reference, DFK lets me save and upload perfectly fine, so this isn't a connection issue.

Any translation would be extremely helpful. :)
xybur

Post by xybur »

Sweet, I got the patch for this earlier thanks to my good friend Talon. The link is below. All I have left to get is the update for Daifukkatsu which I'll be getting in the next couple of weeks hopefully. Thanks for being patient.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5wxa5yd5s41ahqa
chempop

Post by chempop »

Ahhh, I just got to the very end of stage-5 DOJ-BL for the first time. Two things that made a huge difference were first, finally upgrading to s-vid, and second, turning god-damn wait control ON. Lol, I thought that by it being OFF was to my advantage, man do I feel like a dunce. Sadly I had one death in stage-5 with full bombs :(
Well I'm just psyched because I'm starting to feel a 1CC (first loop) is within my reach now.
I use Type-B Shotia btw, finally realizing how crucial her rapid point blanking is, seems more powerful than her laser (?). Any advice other then keep practicing?
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

I've tried a few times to switch over to Shotia and exploit her bomb stock to get a 1CC, but she always felt so underpowered after playing Exy for so long that I couldn't get into the groove with her. Once you learn chains with one character, it's hard to learn a second, at least for me. My timing was always off with her and I'd end up with stupid deaths all over the place.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

Yea what do the bonus options do in DOJBLEX? what exactly does wait control. hyper meter, and gp control, and bullet limit does?
chempop

Post by chempop »

Finally Finally Finally
Got that first loop 1CC!!! :twisted:
Type-B Shotia I love you, despite me wanting to drill screws into my hands and staple my eyes shut over this game for the longest time, I'm soooooo glad I didn't give up, this feeling... I could cry!

Hadn't even played the game all week, heck, I've only played a handful of credits of Guwange all week. But on my second credit tonight the magic was in the air [goes into song and dance]
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Congrats chempop!! What mode were you playing at?
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
chempop

Post by chempop »

Thanks Animaitor! It was the 360 port of Black Label. Owned it for about a year, for some idiotic reason I had "Wait control" turned off up until I got the patch recently and started playing again. That's what made the difference, stage 5 was impossible without the slowdown. Oh, and for a while I was training on Very Hard, but this 1-All was on defaults of course. I had never played the ps2 port and haven't given White Label much time.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

What does the "wait control" do exactly?
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Turns on/off the slowdown.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Then to be faithful to the arcade, it should be left on, right?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Yes.
Dazzyman

Post by Dazzyman »

How are you able to do quick restarts? I have it enabled but unsure what buttons to press?
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

what is the easiest/fastest way to go about getting the 200,000 stars achievement. I have everything except this, I'm only at 39% and have been playing for months.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Play X-mode, cancel bullets with hyper.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

^^^thats what I've been doing. I use laser, should i be using shot, expert, or hyper instead?
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Whatever you're comfortable with. Bullets turn to stars when you fill up hyper gauges, start hypers, defeat bosses, and also there's that stage 2 vault near the beginning.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Special World

Post by Special World »

Is there some way to transfer the patch? I downloaded it to my hard drive, but I want to transfer it to my J360's internal data. I don't have an internet connection right now, unfortunately :\
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Does anyone have a video or scans of the DOJ X artwork? I'd really be interested in seeing them and would appreciate if someone who had the game would upload a video or something.