Rob Xoxak Pro Review + Chad Warden's Protege + YouTube Fun

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Rob

Post by Rob »

innerpattern

Post by innerpattern »

FIRST!!!
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

:lol:
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

I love it.
escadrille

Post by escadrille »

Rob wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAO6akjqdg

Ugly as shit but it'll do.
That's just the brown and grey. :wink:
jpj

Post by jpj »

if you find normal mode not challenging enough, why not play hard mode?
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
kozo

Post by kozo »

I love Ikaruga.

And that was an awesome review. :D :D
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

The very end had me laughing out loud.
Zuhzuhzombie!!

Post by Zuhzuhzombie!! »

professor ganson wrote:The very end had me laughing out loud.
I KNOW YOU'RE NOT PLAYING FOR CHAINS!
Short Forest Records: Records, pictures, blog.
My (old) band: Cicada Creek
FIL

Post by FIL »

The Gigawing video is cruel, but funny. Why on earth would you play that badly and still upload your video, he was burning a credit every 10 seconds or so.
Rob

Post by Rob »

FIL wrote:The Gigawing video is cruel,
Not much offense intended, but do feel like a bit of an ass. I tried to give a few tips.
Pixel_Outlaw

Post by Pixel_Outlaw »

Rob the pace of your narrations seems to have sped up some. You used to be all laid back then you started getting a bit faster. Still love you work. I prefer the more leisurely pace you used to have.
Some of the best shmups don't actually end in a vowel.
No, this game is not Space Invaders.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I really enjoy this commentary style. I even got them via FLV2MP3 on my ipod, that´s how much I like them. And I don´t think the Gigawing one was cruel at all - that´s what you get when you put dumb stuff on the internet.
innerpattern

Post by innerpattern »

Frederik wrote:. And I don´t think the Gigawing one was cruel at all
yes...if I was to play the final stage of gigawang right now I probably wouldn't do much better (I also wouldn't credit feed)...but if you can't play a game right...don't play it completely wrong and put it on the internet for mass consumption...
Rob

Post by Rob »

I wish there were more big game site video reviews for games like Shikigami 2/3 (is there one?) or Border Down. Makes it a lot easier not having to record and edit video. I'll do a few more of those for sure.
captpain

Post by captpain »

I am losing my shit watching this Giga Wing video.

It feels so great watching you tear him apart because you never ever hear/see people who know the first thing about shmups on Youtube
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

Frederik wrote: And I don´t think the Gigawing one was cruel at all
He did call him a retard.

Funny as hell though :lol:
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

I like the little sidestory about the sleepover at his only friend Terry.

Also, we should have the word "toady shooters" in the glossary. Some as "ibsoorp bullets".

Sometimes these threads about Robs videos feel like a big long asskissing session, but it´s just so hard to surpress the enjoyment they bring.
Rob wrote:I wish there were more big game site video reviews for games like Shikigami 2/3 (is there one?) or Border Down. Makes it a lot easier not having to record and edit video. I'll do a few more of those for sure.
Please do. They have a very nice dynamic, the pseudo-dialogue adds more tempo to the commentary.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

If I had video recording and editing hardware/software, I'd make credit-feed recordings of me playing shooters (I'm TERRIBLE at shooters) for you to review at request =)

Unfortunately, this is not the case.
kozo

Post by kozo »

Frederik wrote:Sometimes these threads about Robs videos feel like a big long asskissing session, but it´s just so hard to surpress the enjoyment they bring.
escadrille

Post by escadrille »

More great videos.
I'm all for trashing Gamespot reviews. The Giga Wing kid seems like a slow moving target, but it's still funny.

Rob, what are your views on the loli/cute-em-up/little-girls-as-ships style of shooter? Ideally this would be answered in a video review.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Strongly prefer Forgotten Worlds.
captpain

Post by captpain »

That vid got me curious about Giga Wing, so I tried it out... and got to the "last" stage on probably my 4th or 5th try. I honestly have no idea how you could suck badly enough to die in the first level, let alone twice.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

captpain wrote:That vid got me curious about Giga Wing, so I tried it out... and got to the "last" stage on probably my 4th or 5th try. I honestly have no idea how you could suck badly enough to die in the first level, let alone twice.
risk & reward.

start playing for score and youll see its difficulty ;)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
captpain

Post by captpain »

sven666 wrote:
captpain wrote:That vid got me curious about Giga Wing, so I tried it out... and got to the "last" stage on probably my 4th or 5th try. I honestly have no idea how you could suck badly enough to die in the first level, let alone twice.
risk & reward.

start playing for score and youll see its difficulty ;)
Why bring that up?

I wasn't playing for score and neither was he, that was implicit in my post. I'm not stupid.
henry dark

Post by henry dark »

:roll:

here we go
captpain

Post by captpain »

henry dark wrote:
:roll:

here we go
I guess discussion of GW's difficulty tends to start flamewars?

I'm definitely not saying it's an easy game, because my score was completely abysmal and obviously that's what a game with ten gazillion medals on the screen and a 300 digit score is about... Score.
Rob

Post by Rob »

captpain wrote:I guess discussion of GW's difficulty tends to start flamewars?
I guess he might be assuming that I'd argue with that.

I don't want to add a useless question like this to the TF6 thread, but has anyone who pre-ordered it not received it? I'm dying here. I want to see this mediocre game for myself. :cry:
TLB

Post by TLB »

I have a feeling I saw your Progear review some time ago...I just watched your Gunbird 2 lolview, and I think it was the same person speaking. I remember the reviewer playing through the first stage and commenting on how he has to stick his face up to the screen and something about how he plays these games too much. It was quite a while ago and I couldn't find it when I searched youtube just now (unless mobile youtube is still incomplete? Fuck phone posting...), was it, perhaps, YOUUU, ROB? Laughed my ass off =P
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

my eyes hurt like a toothache