Rezetia shmups : Pladzma and Zillion Beatz

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
beam

Rezetia shmups : Pladzma and Zillion Beatz

Post by beam »

Rezetia has made 2 shmups : Pladzma and Zillion Beatz. I tried the ZB demo and it's great but I can't try the Pladzma one.
I got to the splash screen then it got back to the desktop. I tried every compatibility mode but got the same results. Does someone did play this demo ? Is it as great as ZB ?

FYI ZB is DDP style shooter with a pumping technoish soundtrack. Simple and hard. The 1st level is easy but it seems the others are quite the opposite. Just played the demo with the 1st level only but the full release is awaiting for some furious blasting :D

1st stage video
unbelievable difficulty
kennyrh

Post by kennyrh »

I have the full version of Zillion Beatz which only works on XP with a patch.

For Pladzma you will need to change your unicode settings to jap language via the Regional & Language options in Control Panel. At least that seems to work for XP.

If you're running Vista or an earlier OS, I don't know.
Shoot, dodge, collect . . .it's the ONLY way to be !!
unsane

Re: Rezetia shmups : Pladzma and Zillion Beatz

Post by unsane »

beam wrote:unbelievable difficulty [video]

Neat, i like how the boss bullet patterns are timed to the music.
beam

Post by beam »

Zillion Beatz is THE shmup !

Seriously, this is a Batsugun/Dodonpachi/Mars Matrix crossover.

To get a better fire rate you got to be close to the enemies, so you rush constantly to them and avoid fast bullets.

You got a BPM gauge which add points when you shoot pop corn enemies in a row or when you are blasting a big one or a boss while being close to him (and at the same time the fire rate is faster).

There are 3 ships, one for each style of play.
Every ship has the same weapons : Vulcan (wide) and Laser (narrow).
1st has a medium speed and 4 bombs.
2d is faster and has 3 bombs.
3rd plays near exactly like the ddp red type. Which is, slow button switch automatically weapons to the narrow one. Others may slow while still shooting wide. Drawback : only 1 bomb.
Controls are simple :
- fire
- bomb
- slow
- switch weapons

There are 3 sort of items:
- "P" power ups which upgrade the weapon currently in use. Each weapon has a level gauge.
- "S" special item which provide full power for a limited amount of time
- "B" bomb

Score is simple : BPM bonus + boss bonus if you destroy him quickly.

Last thing, on normal this game is hard, as hard as Mars Matrix.
Be sure to get the 1.30 update.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

kennyrh wrote:I have the full version of Zillion Beatz which only works on XP with a patch.
where to get that patch?
beam

Post by beam »

elfhentaifan wrote:
kennyrh wrote:I have the full version of Zillion Beatz which only works on XP with a patch.
where to get that patch?
Maybe there : zillionbeatz_130.lzh is the update patch for the retail version
Since I bought the 1.30 I'm not sure.
unsane wrote:
beam wrote:unbelievable difficulty [video]
Neat, i like how the boss bullet patterns are timed to the music.
When playing you don't have enough time to relate on this to anticipate the patterns :)

Apart from that I couldn't run the Pladzma demo, whatever I did. Maybe it's a driver problem. I will update them. Did someone tried it ? Is it as great as Zillion Beatz ? Rezetia made ZB because people complained about the complexity of Pladzma so the gameplay must be really different.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

beam wrote:
elfhentaifan wrote:
where to get that patch?
Maybe there : zillionbeatz_130.lzh is the update patch for the retail version
Since I bought the 1.30 I'm not sure.

Nope, the trial version still doesn't work under XP.

Fail.
unsane

Post by unsane »

beam wrote:
unsane wrote:Neat, i like how the boss bullet patterns are timed to the music.
When playing you don't have enough time to relate on this to anticipate the patterns :)

o i c, that's too bad. From the video it seemed like it would give a split-second anticipation on alternating patterns.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

Ok.....

After seeing that video, I REALLY wanna try this out (the demo for now).

But I just cannot get it to work......

Im running on XP at the moment (not on the Vista machine tonight).

Is there something I might be missing here?

I cant figure out what's stopping it.......
StoofooEsq

Post by StoofooEsq »

Zillion Beatz' bosses firing in time with the music is neat.

Pladzma's shop feature replacing the need for power-ups could make for some interesting gameplay. I'll try running the demo and see if I have any luck.
TerminasluT

Post by TerminasluT »

I have both games and they work fine on my PC. I add to install a bunch of japanese fonts in my windows in order to make Pladzma work.
HeLGeN-X

Post by HeLGeN-X »

I'm glad I'm so elite in finding files online, managed to snag both games, fucking good games!
beam

Post by beam »

Dave_K. wrote:Nope, the trial version still doesn't work under XP.
Fail.
Strange, I got no problem at all with the trial version of ZB, only with the Pladzma one.
-Bridget- wrote:Im running on XP at the moment (not on the Vista machine tonight).
For ZB you need to get japanese fonts and change the unicode to uses japanese soft.ware.
For Pladzma I will upgrade the video card drivers ahd hope it run.
TerminasluT wrote:I have both games and they work fine on my PC. I add to install a bunch of japanese fonts in my windows in order to make Pladzma work.
I allready have standard japanese fonts and japanese unicode software settings. What do I lack ?
I don't want to buy Pladzma and not be able to run it.
unsane wrote:
beam wrote:
unsane wrote:Neat, i like how the boss bullet patterns are timed to the music.
o i c, that's too bad. From the video it seemed like it would give a split-second anticipation on alternating patterns.
In fact you can partially relay on the music to know when patterns are changing but you can't think "the hi hat will clap, this is time to dodge the big yellow lines of bullets" :P
Vincent Draconis wrote:Pladzma's shop feature replacing the need for power-ups could make for some interesting gameplay. I'll try running the demo and see if I have any luck.
According to the shootthecore description bosses are redundants. Moreover, the latest version has an extra stage tackled after the last one.
HeLGeN-X wrote:I'm glad I'm so elite in finding files online, managed to snag both games, fucking good games!
ZB is quite brilliant but Pladzma do not seems to be as fun. It's why I hope someone will give his opinion about it.
kennyrh

Post by kennyrh »

One strange thing I noticed about changing the unicode setting to Japanese. Some of the descriptions attached to my modem settings now come up in Jap in control panel.

Also my copy of Nero has switched itself to oriental . . .

. . .anybody else had that on XP :?:
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

kennyrh wrote:One strange thing I noticed about changing the unicode setting to Japanese. Some of the descriptions attached to my modem settings now come up in Jap in control panel.

this is why my nero is fucked up and spams my pc with errors all the time, plus it crashed down along with several other programs and made my machine to a ticking time bomb
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Thank you Beam! I already had japanese fonts installed in XP, but forgot that these programs need to start wiith japanese unicode language settings. To do this easily (and without screwing up your native english language settings), I use Microsoft's "AppLocale" program which can let you start individual programs under different languages (the last one in the list is japanese). I now have trial 030 working under XP.

FYI the 130 patch does not work with the trial, so don't apply it. I guess its only for the retail version.
beam

Post by beam »

kennyrh wrote:One strange thing I noticed about changing the unicode setting to Japanese. Some of the descriptions attached to my modem settings now come up in Jap in control panel.

Yes, you now own a japanese XP :shock: :D
elfhentaifan wrote:this is why my nero is fucked up and spams my pc with errors all the time, plus it crashed down along with several other programs and made my machine to a ticking time bomb
Just switch back the language setting to english in the option menu of Nero and it should run normally. I doubt other problems are due to the japanese setting.
Dave_K. wrote:Thank you Beam! I already had japanese fonts installed in XP, but forgot that these programs need to start wiith japanese unicode language settings. To do this easily (and without screwing up your native english language settings), I use Microsoft's "AppLocale" program which can let you start individual programs under different languages (the last one in the list is japanese). I now have trial 030 working under XP.
You're welcome ! Enjoying Zillion Beatz ?

I tried applocale but it crashes some applications. I will stay in a japanese environment.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

beam wrote:
elfhentaifan wrote:this is why my nero is fucked up and spams my pc with errors all the time, plus it crashed down along with several other programs and made my machine to a ticking time bomb
Just switch back the language setting to english in the option menu of Nero and it should run normally. I doubt other problems are due to the japanese setting.
nope, even uninstalling wont help, i just gotta reset the harddrive, because many other programs are suffering either.
It wasnt only the fault of switching the language,though.
kennyrh

Post by kennyrh »

beam wrote:

Yes, you now own a japanese XP :shock: :D

. . . . :)

Funny how it only affects some random things, though . . . :?
it290

Post by it290 »

I haven't played these games yet (though they sound interesting)... I just wanted to say that 'Zillion Beatz' is now going to have to be the name of my next mixtape.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
-Bridget-

Post by -Bridget- »

beam wrote:
Dave_K. wrote:Nope, the trial version still doesn't work under XP.
Fail.
Strange, I got no problem at all with the trial version of ZB, only with the Pladzma one.
-Bridget- wrote:Im running on XP at the moment (not on the Vista machine tonight).
For ZB you need to get japanese fonts and change the unicode to uses japanese soft.ware.
For Pladzma I will upgrade the video card drivers ahd hope it run.
TerminasluT wrote:I have both games and they work fine on my PC. I add to install a bunch of japanese fonts in my windows in order to make Pladzma work.
I allready have standard japanese fonts and japanese unicode software settings. What do I lack ?
I don't want to buy Pladzma and not be able to run it.
unsane wrote:
beam wrote:When playing you don't have enough time to relate on this to anticipate the patterns :)
In fact you can partially relay on the music to know when patterns are changing but you can't think "the hi hat will clap, this is time to dodge the big yellow lines of bullets" :P
Vincent Draconis wrote:Pladzma's shop feature replacing the need for power-ups could make for some interesting gameplay. I'll try running the demo and see if I have any luck.
According to the shootthecore description bosses are redundants. Moreover, the latest version has an extra stage tackled after the last one.
HeLGeN-X wrote:I'm glad I'm so elite in finding files online, managed to snag both games, fucking good games!
ZB is quite brilliant but Pladzma do not seems to be as fun. It's why I hope someone will give his opinion about it.

Ok, I did as you suggested there..... hmm, still cant seem to get it running though.

The screen will change, I'll get "loading..." and then "complete" up in the top left corner, screen goes dark, and then POP, back to windows with a buncha complaining.

Something still isnt right...... gonna try it on the Vista machine tomorrow and see what happens
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

Another thread reminded me that i have Zillion Beatz..so i decided to revive the thread....

Game seems really good but I have one problem (that's kept me from playing). I can't configure the keys and I need to if I want to use the slow button (which I feel i need sometimes). I have the full - patched version. What happens is everytime i exit the key config, the game crashes and closes. If I don't enter button config, everything runs fine. This happened pre-patch as well.

Anyone experience this? Any fix for it that I'm not aware of?

Really want to play this more.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Yes, remove read-only flag from the game folder.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

Thanks man, that was it.
MX7

Post by MX7 »

moozooh wrote:Yes, remove read-only flag from the game folder.
I love you.
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

Just wondering why this Zillion Beatz isn't getting more attention. The more I play it, the more I seem to like it. I would think more people here would be talking about it as it seems to fit in with some of the common favorites here. Granted, I've not spent a whole lot of time with it yet but I'm just wondering if there is some major flaw that I'm overlooking or haven't seen yet.

I was tempted to start a game discussion in the strat section but I didn't think anyone would be interested.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

seiatsu wrote:Just wondering why this Zillion Beatz isn't getting more attention.
Might have something to do with the demo crashing on XP. I know that's why I haven't even tried it yet .. :/
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

Could be part of it i guess. Fortunate for me, it runs smooth (more so than a lot of games) on my XP machine. The only problem I had was not being able to exit config without crashing which was solved previously in this thread. No issues aside from that. No slowdown at all which is pretty impressive considering the amount of activity going on at once.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Eh, slowdown would be odd (or rather, very sloppy) on a PC. The arcade hardware exhibiting it is a decade old, after all.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
seiatsu

Post by seiatsu »

True, but I tend to get slowdown on Raiden 3 (good thing I'd much rather play DX). Not sure why. A couple other games also give me the occassional stutter once in a while or cause my fans to run a lot. This one seems less taxing...that's all