Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
cools

Re: Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

Post by cools »

It runs with DOJ ROMs too but less interesting.

I don't have time to make a video now but if no-one else has done one later I might have a go. Unless the redump gets done of course.
austere

Post by austere »

Evrain wrote:Now, all that's left is pixelcorps officially declaring The Dump Ever a success :)
He should wait for the ICS2115 fix, for great justice.
cools wrote:amusing effect - it's pretty abstract
ESPKetsuda - I tried my best. ;_;
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

austere wrote:ESPKetsuda - I tried my best. ;_;
Power ups and bombers given for free with each start button press? CAVE has gone soft on us :D These involuntary "arrange modes" should be really bundled with the ports.

Anyway, for those who prefer Mame in a more clickety-click variation, I've cobbled up a GUI version; no guarantees it works, but if it does I'll be a tad happier today. And I "fixed" the game info, for some reason it ticked me off.
Keade

Post by Keade »

The official DDP3 and Ketsui dumps are missing one file which can't be found anywhere ("NO DUMP" says the source code), is this what causes the game to run Back Label ?
edit : nvm, I've no idea what's wrong with my patched 140u2 source and binaries, since I did replace the pgm.c files, but the binaries which were posted above manage to run the game properly.
Last edited by Keade on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krull

Post by Krull »

Ketsui emulation is one of the greatest emu news from a while, mad props to the devs!
Glad to join this nice place btw :mrgreen:

Cya

_K
ratlhead

Post by ratlhead »

Truly an important day for shmups commumity, my hat's off for everyone involved in making this miracle. :)
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

can someone point me to a precompiled MameUI with the newest fixes?
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

First time I see this long footage of it. I find the graphics being surprisingly plain for an arcade game. Looks like a DOJ hack (and not very pretty one). I know it's just one stage, but can't help wondering what their artists tried to achieve there. Something like Task Force Harrier/Gun Frontier/Battle Garegga perhaps? But it doesn't have pixel sharpness of the aforementioned, does it? Of well, I sort of have grown to like dirty backgrounds of DOJ, so maybe Ketsui is going to be acquired taste too.
By the way, I wonder how this looks smeared all over a massive LCD...
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

david peterson
Banned User

Post by david peterson »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:
First time I see this long footage of it. I find the graphics being surprisingly plain for an arcade game. Looks like a DOJ hack (and not very pretty one). I know it's just one stage, but can't help wondering what their artists tried to achieve there. Something like Task Force Harrier/Gun Frontier/Battle Garegga perhaps? But it doesn't have pixel sharpness of the aforementioned, does it? Of well, I sort of have grown to like dirty backgrounds of DOJ, so maybe Ketsui is going to be acquired taste too.
By the way, I wonder how this looks smeared all over a massive LCD...
I can promise you in reality its beautiful ........ hard gritty military theme , i love it .
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Jockel wrote:can someone point me to a precompiled MameUI with the newest fixes?
Evrain wrote:Anyway, for those who prefer Mame in a more clickety-click variation, I've cobbled up a GUI version; no guarantees it works, but if it does I'll be a tad happier today. And I "fixed" the game info, for some reason it ticked me off.
Tis working fine for me so far :D
I'd love to know the full story of how this all got real, though it may be hidden from non-Scene eyes, eh?
And yeah, respect really is due to all those who've made it happen.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

Whoops, didn't see that. :3
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Obiwanshinobi wrote:
First time I see this long footage of it. I find the graphics being surprisingly plain for an arcade game.
I'm surprised you haven't checked the game out before, but honestly it looks better when you're actually playing it. It's full metal military through and through, and there's tons of detail. Not that you'll be able to see much of it, you'll be far to busy threading ships through bullet mazes to notice.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

STG~PASI

Post by STG~PASI »

Damnit, still cant play Beestorm.
I get stuck at the PGM slpash screen.
"Use a bomb when it comes to a pinch. It is wasteful to die before using bomb."
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

I'd like to thank whoever made it possible for me to play Ketsui, DOJ, and DOJ BL in MAME. Wow. They seem to run flawlessly.

This is incredible, but I'd still love to buy these for my U.S. 360 if they became available, just to show my support for Cave.
Cers

Post by Cers »

The default rank in Ketsui, DOJ and DOJ BL is "easy" ??? Is this correct ?
Changed it to "normal".

It is sooo good to finally play these games @ home in TATE with a Hori connected :D
Thank you MAME devs !

I hope Cave will not slap them in the face for that like a few years ago....
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

STG~PASI wrote:Damnit, still cant play Beestorm.
I get stuck at the PGM slpash screen.
Quote from Haze from the comments:
Haze wrote:(and before people ask, this has no bearing on DDP2 or any other IGS produced games such as Demon Front. It does not make the emulation of them any easier. The IGS made games are *properly* protected)
cstle

Post by cstle »

Oh man, Ketsui is so good. I don't even care if I paid $80 for a version that I can't play because this game deserves it.
Obiwanshinobi

Post by Obiwanshinobi »

Heh, is that the announcer lady from Air Gallet?
I did check it out on YouTube before the 360 port came out, but the videos I found were of pretty bad quality (and I know this kind of graphics - toned down and very detailed - hardly ever shines on YouTube).
The rear gate is closed down
The way out is cut off

Evrain

Post by Evrain »

cstle wrote:Oh man, Ketsui is so good. I don't even care if I paid $80 for a version that I can't play because this game deserves it.
I think that's commonly called "paying what's due for an excellent work". Quality completely defeats even the sheer meaning of piracy, IMHO. And the game is wondrously detailed indeed: the carrier helis on Suburbs actually spin out of control before exploding; Computer Arts and Visual Entertainment :)
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

We need a new thread for DoDonPachi DaiOuJou and Ketsui.

I just played them both and HOLY FUCK YES!!
cstle

Post by cstle »

Evrain wrote:
cstle wrote:Oh man, Ketsui is so good. I don't even care if I paid $80 for a version that I can't play because this game deserves it.
I think that's commonly called "paying what's due for an excellent work". Quality completely defeats even the sheer meaning of piracy, IMHO. And the game is wondrously detailed indeed: the carrier helis on Suburbs actually spin out of control before exploding; Computer Arts and Visual Entertainment :)
Yeah I think I would even feel bad if I hadn't paid for this game in some form before playing it in MAME. If I wasn't a jobless high school student (hey some teenagers have decent game taste like me) I would start considering buying a PCB and a method to play it right now. This game is just so good. Instead I'm definitely saving up for a J360 so I can play the port I paid for and the X-Mode.

This game is up there on my top 5 already. Holy jeez so good.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

oh man, it's been a while since I played Dai Ou Jou

I noticed the easy rank thing too. Which is bullshit because the game is actually harder than I remembered. :|

Still, I love this game. Having it available on my flash drive wherever I go will be awesome.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

This version of DOJBL is better than DOJBLEX... Image
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Chacranajxy

Post by Chacranajxy »

Elixir wrote:This version of DOJBL is better than DOJBLEX... Image
I was just thinking about that, and was saddened. It'd be cool if that patch came out and fixed this dilemma.

Fucking forced filter...
PsikyoFan

Post by PsikyoFan »

CStarFlare wrote: I noticed the easy rank thing too. Which is bullshit because the game is actually harder than I remembered. :|
You should all go into the service mode and reset to default, presumably a 'clear' eeprom doesn't trigger an initialisation and instead it just has wacky settings.
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Chacranajxy wrote:
Elixir wrote:This version of DOJBL is better than DOJBLEX... Image
I was just thinking about that, and was saddened. It'd be cool if that patch came out and fixed this dilemma.

Fucking forced filter...
I need a confirmation about a bug in DOJBL in mame: GP meter comes down fast during hyper use = GP speed is not affected during hyper use, the GP meter speed is the same in nomal mode or in hyper mode.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

So is there like a place where we can report what is inaccurate?

DoJ here

Like the 1st stage boss 3rd pattern his blue bullet salvos are way too slow(used PS2 version as comparison)

Also yes I switched it from easy to normal in the settings
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

Zeron : that depends on the rank you reached
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

nimitz wrote:Zeron : that depends on the rank you reached

Actually the 1st time I played the game back in 2006 and I creditfeeded the game I have to say the Bulletsalvos were alot faster especially the 3rd final salvo.

If something they should be faster now when I actually can somewhat chain
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Seems hyper is affecting nothing or pcb version of DOJBL is easier: 4 hypers in stage 1 + 3 hypers in begin of stage 2 + no miss = rest of stage 2 very easy.
until now hyper don't affect:
- GP meter
- Rank
can someone confirm this?