Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PinkSweets

Re: Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

Post by PinkSweets »

I'll openly admit that I'm a n00b when it comes to MAME and I'm having trouble running Ketsui and DDP DOJ...
I downloaded MAMEUI32 0.140u2, the roms, and audited my list, but for some reason I keep getting error messages such as NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN and a missing files error.

Excuse my stupidity. How do I fix this?
Lance Boyle

Post by Lance Boyle »

PinkSweets wrote:I'll openly admit that I'm a n00b when it comes to MAME and I'm having trouble running Ketsui and DDP DOJ...
I downloaded MAMEUI32 0.140u2, the roms, and audited my list, but for some reason I keep getting error messages such as NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN and a missing files error.

Excuse my stupidity. How do I fix this?
You're probably missing the PGM files. Make sure you have the PGM bios, and rip the files from PGM into the individual game arc....
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

It seems it needs to be reminded that neither linking to roms or asking for them will take place in these forums, as stated in the Forum Rules. Any such posts will be unceremoniously deleted and the posters added to Santa's naughty list, so that the copy of DDPDFK they're waiting to arrive will be replaced by Shaq Fu.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
PsikyoFan

Post by PsikyoFan »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:why is DDP 2 PGM? I never knew what type of PCB it was. I remember someone in the forum mentioning that DDP2 is basically a tech demo to get other devs intrested in the hardware so PGM does make sense. Kinda like Epic and their Unreal Tournament series that showcases their Unreal engine
They needed a more modern hw platform, until then they'd been cobbling custom pcbs together for each game from a pile of chips. This way they get a standard platform, with development libraries etc. Although they chose to hand development to IGS - clearly weren't impressed with the result as a game or the royalty payments (but saw a future in the platform), took the resultant engine to build later games.
STG~PASI

Post by STG~PASI »

So why are the enemy forces scrolling up?
"Use a bomb when it comes to a pinch. It is wasteful to die before using bomb."
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

STG~PASI wrote:So why are the enemy forces scrolling up?

It's fixed according to this but no idea where to find this build of MAME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBjab3TBf9M&feature=sub

credits goes to teufel_in_blau
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

zlk wrote:Psikyo fan is correct. In u2 things were broken, as of today things are looking really good.
zlk, am I mistaken or was the MAME svn private?
rtw

Post by rtw »

For those of you who can compile MAME, Haze has added the patches to the PGM code to his blog:

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2010/12/0 ... /#comments
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

rtw wrote:For those of you who can compile MAME, Haze has added the patches to the PGM code to his blog:

What about for those of us who can't compile?
cools

Post by cools »

Learn to. All the instructions are on the mamedev.org web site. :D
Observer

Post by Observer »

cools wrote:Learn to. All the instructions are on the mamedev.org web site. :D
B-b-b-ut! But takes the fun out of the complaints and "LINK PLZ" commentary! :P

I'll patiently wait to see how this turns out because, so far, it's looking way too awesome for my eyes. If they do get the sound kind of fixed, I'll punish all my neighbours with Ketsui at full volume. I'll give them hell.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
austere

Post by austere »

Since it's publically available, there's no harm in sharing. I wasn't doing so before because it was mostly Haze and nimitz's code and investigation. :)

Here's the diff between our codes (it's all commented out except for one line, just releasing it to abide by the rules): http://pastie.org/1367747

Here's a compressed binary: http://www.mediafire.com/?a5oi6vqc7l7dmq4

Enjoy. Just ... turn the volume down if you want to retain your sanity in Daioujou. -_-

EDIT: Do not bother MAMEdev about this build, you can message me if you have problems until shmupsmame/mame140u3 is released.
Last edited by austere on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

rtw wrote:For those of you who can compile MAME, Haze has added the patches to the PGM code to his blog:

Aww, that takes away half of the fun (make that the fun), but it's good anyway :) Nevertheless, I'd opt for Back Label to be kept.

mjclark, I can assure you compiling is quite enjoyable, even more so when you can't use apt-get :D

EDIT: austere, that's the "ship speed fixed" code? I compiled my own binary, but no idea on what revision exactly I edited in.
Don't worry, it's going to be back bigger than ever, I promise. 8)
Oh. Damn. Yes.
Last edited by Evrain on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
austere

Post by austere »

Nevertheless, I'd opt for Back Label to be kept.
Don't worry, it's going to be back bigger than ever, I promise. 8)
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Awesome. Too bad MAME 140u2 cant compile on OSX 10.4 because of some interface font changes, why did they have to do that now :? Oh well, I have another comp to try the new drivers on.
Last edited by Zaarock on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

This is awesome :mrgreen: so it's not the end of Back label eh?

also when is U3 "officially" out?
Observer

Post by Observer »

I'VE SEEN HEAVEN. AND IT'S CALLED KETSUI.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
austere

Post by austere »

austere, that's the "ship speed fixed" code?
That was my thrust/propeller fix code, but Haze generalised it to fix everything include the command which was ignored before.
Keade

Post by Keade »

cools

Post by cools »

Yes, it's just about perfect.
roker

Post by roker »

"something witty."
by someone witty
david peterson
Banned User

Post by david peterson »

Yep ive been playing ketsui perfectly for an hour now , officially the best shmup day ever :D thanks so much to everyone involved in getting this working .
Evrain

Post by Evrain »

david peterson wrote:Yep ive been playing ketsui perfectly for an hour now , officially the best shmup day ever :D thanks so much to everyone involved in getting this working .
Now, all that's left is pixelcorps officially declaring The Dump Ever a success :)
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Hmm is there someone that can 2-ALL the game here that maybe could serve as a accuracy controller?
Observer

Post by Observer »

With all the Ketsui visions I'm having, I forgot people also mentioned Espgaluda? Whatever happened to that? I know the PS2 port is awesome ('cause I've played it) but... is that also in the works?

Either way, this is the STG month hands down.
PsikyoFan

Post by PsikyoFan »

Observer wrote:With all the Ketsui visions I'm having, I forgot people also mentioned Espgaluda? Whatever happened to that? I know the PS2 port is awesome ('cause I've played it) but... is that also in the works?
Technically it works fine also, but the gfx and sound aren't dumped - so this is a case where getting a PCB to Guru or similar would result in a playable game pretty sharpish.
OF course they're likely to appear out of the woodwork now by someone looking to earn some kudos.
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

great news now everyone can plaY KETSUI!!

rtw are you still planning on releasing your black label now that d.o.j is in mame :wink: ?
cools

Post by cools »

PsikyoFan wrote:
Observer wrote:With all the Ketsui visions I'm having, I forgot people also mentioned Espgaluda? Whatever happened to that? I know the PS2 port is awesome ('cause I've played it) but... is that also in the works?
Technically it works fine also, but the gfx and sound aren't dumped - so this is a case where getting a PCB to Guru or similar would result in a playable game pretty sharpish.
OF course they're likely to appear out of the woodwork now by someone looking to earn some kudos.
Galuda actually runs with the Ketsui graphics and sound roms to amusing effect - it's pretty abstract 8)
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

cools wrote: Galuda actually runs with the Ketsui graphics and sound roms to amusing effect - it's pretty abstract 8)
Any videos? I want to see.
ImageImage
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

austere wrote:Since it's publically available, there's no harm in sharing.
Thankyou so very much :D Now playing forwards without the need for any pesky compiling lol
Evrain wrote:mjclark, I can assure you compiling is quite enjoyable, even more so when you can't use apt-get :D
Doh! Windoze! Doh!

And yes this is an historic day when Ketsui came to the masses. Close the schools, factories and offices cos we're all on MAME now momma :D
Seriously though, ever since I joined this forum it feels like people have been waiting for this.
It'll be interesting to see how Ketsui is evaluated now it's got a much wider audience and the snob factor has been removed.