Whatever happened to the Ketsui Dump?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Macaw

Post by Macaw »

Hah, Cave giving warning to mamedev, distress for all ^_~

THe game can get dumped, sure, but time spent emulating it would be better used emulating all the earlier PGM library first, which is still very unfinished ^_~

I guess it was called 'The Ketsui Dumping Project' though, so surely no one actualy desired emnulation ^_~

Emulation Trivia Factoid: Of course Progear did stir the community up when it was emulated, it was a glorious time for all men, dwarves and elves. Deep within the core of the earth was a shockwave sent by the emulation of progear. People downloaded the roms tens of thousands of times in a week and there was much rejoicing ^_~

Now come new times when the Ketsui demands emulation by fans. DO not emulate this game say Cave ^_~

People who own the PCB are all like 'N AW MAN DUN DO IT YO BRO'^_~^_~^_~
^_~

Un ^_~

Its like when your with a girl sometimes. She says the no but means the yes ^_~

The money spent to buy the ketsui PCB could have been used to buy somthing awesome like Age of Heroes (Rare korean beat em up in 2000~~ which needs dumping ^_~

Oh but no, there must be cave emulation shooting game ^_~

Movie Trivia Factoid: Of all the rambo movies, rambo 4 is the only one to be directed by Sylvester Stallone. Sylvester Stallone takes the series back to the atmosphere of the original 1972 novel of First Blood, even more so than the original Rambo movie (first blood in 1982) did so. Stallone is pleased with the newest installment but is unsure whether a 5th Rambo should be made ^_~

Fishing Trivia Factoid: Fish finders scale in quality as to allow any fishing enthusiast to partake in glory known as the fish finder. Commercial fish finders used in commercial fishing boats often costs so much money that all normal people who are not crazy reach they cannot buy this item. Often they will elad to buy smaller less quality fish finders though and this is good because tit is far less expensive and they can take all use of its advantages to find fish to fish for.^_~v^_~^_~

^_~v
^_~
v

In ketsui's case yes , the game is very great and emulation will be great for all because more people can then play ketsui. It is shooting game with advanced proximity system in style of omega fighter but jazzed with newer cave action. ^_~

Macaw! ^_~
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Macaw impersonating PC Engine Fan X! wrote:

The money spent to buy the ketsui PCB could have been used to buy somthing awesome like Age of Heroes (Rare korean beat em up in 2000~~ which needs dumping ^_~

Considering the name of this site is "shmups.com", maybe that's a clue as to why people here pooled money together to buy an authentic Ketsui PCB in the hopes of getting its PGM-based software emulated. ^_~

If you want this Korean-produced beat-em-up emulated, why not get some beat-em-up fans together to do a similar thing? ^_~

I recall a convention back in 1993 when I saw a rare Midway produced PCB. Must have been great to own one of those rarely produced authentic Midway PCBs! One would have to "bite the bullet" and "pay through the nose" to procure such a desired item. ^_~
Rob

Post by Rob »

:shock:
Dale

Post by Dale »

pixelcorps wrote:
Dale wrote:Didn't a lot of the members here put money into this? They should at least give the PCB to the person who donated the most money. I know I'd be pretty steamed right now if this game was just kept by those douche bag Mame people, and not someone who hoped to play it.
you know what I hate? people that dictate what should be done about something even they didnt contribute a single damn thing to the project
Maybe we could pass the PCB around or something
we? :shock: :lol:

I'll put you 1st in the queue for it, you seem completely deserving of it..
First of all I would have contributed if I had any way to spend money online. Why are you pissed at me? I just feel for the people who donated and surprised I hadn't heard anything from them in this thread(Yes I know they've posted, but I was expecting some talk of what would be done with the PCB).

I guess I should have worded that part better. The people who contributed
should pass it around. Would you rather have Guru hang on to it when he doesn't even like it?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Macaw wrote:Macaw! ^_~
Two words: Ca-caw.

No, that's one word.

How are you spelling it?

C-A-hyphen-C-A-W.

You're using a hyphen.

It's a hyphenated word. That makes it one word, like half-wit.

Hey, are you-

^_~
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

Dale wrote: First of all I would have contributed if I had any way to spend money online. Why are you pissed at me?
yeah yeah yeah.. would would would....if if if...

why am I pissed? because you didn't yet you still feel entitled to give your comment on what should be done, although you contributed nothing, not even a cent, and there's a fuckton more people bitching and whining even though they didn't contribute either, thats why.

I guess I should have worded that part better. The people who contributed
should pass it around. Would you rather have Guru hang on to it when he doesn't even like it?
I instigated this project, and collected the money and shipped it to guru with a return address.

If it returns, TDE will discuss what happens, at this rate we could probably re sell it , get our money back - and all make a profit

well, how about getting off your ass, do something about it, find someone who gives a shit, rally them together, snap up a board from ebay out of your own pocket, add the potential of it being damaged in the mail, or irrevocably destroyed in the process of dumping , and set up a paypal account in the hope other people will rally together?? !! ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~
Macaw

Post by Macaw »

pixelcorps wrote: well, how about getting off your ass, do something about it, find someone who gives a shit, rally them together, snap up a board from ebay out of your own pocket, add the potential of it being damaged in the mail, or irrevocably destroyed in the process of dumping , and set up a paypal account in the hope other people will rally together?? !! ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~[/b]
The fact you actually took anything seriously in my retarded post blows my mind. I couldn't give a crap about Ketsui or Age of Heroes getting dumped.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

This thread is full of love.
Dale

Post by Dale »

I wasn't trying to sound high and mighty. It was a suggestion, if you don't like it completely ignore it, but don't act like I said something wrong. I was just making a mild attempt to start a conversation on what to do next. I was just curios what you and the other people involved wanted to do is that a crime?

Why is so hard to believe that I don't have money to spend online? Ask to see if I ever bought anything from anyone ever on this forum. I don't have a checking account or a credit card.

I would have gladly supported the cause. Drop 30 or 40 bucks to see one of the greatest shmups ever emulated why not?

I don't want you to be mad at me.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

Macaw wrote:
pixelcorps wrote: well, how about getting off your ass, do something about it, find someone who gives a shit, rally them together, snap up a board from ebay out of your own pocket, add the potential of it being damaged in the mail, or irrevocably destroyed in the process of dumping , and set up a paypal account in the hope other people will rally together?? !! ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~ ^_~[/b]
The fact you actually took anything seriously in my retarded post blows my mind. I couldn't give a crap about Ketsui or Age of Heroes getting dumped.
the fact that i used 7 of those 9 year old girl smilies probably points otherwise.
Kubilak

ketsui dump

Post by Kubilak »

I wouldnt take what Belmont wrote very seriously.
The guy ported mame to sdl and helps with software.
When did he become an expert on dumping ?

First of all, pixelcorps and the rest of the guys who paid
should receive the dump. Emulation has nothing to do with this.
They paid money, bought the pcb and sent it to Guru.
Thats what Guru does, dumps boards so thats what they should get.
Guru mentions that decapping costs around $300 so if this has to be
done for Ketsui, THE DUMP EVER should know about it.

I do not have high hopes for this due to vague and conflicting replies
from the mame ppl. Belmont says ketsui has an MCU that can not
be dumped. Didnt they know this beforehand ? The hardware details
are well known. If they knew beforehand that they could not dump it,
why did they accept the PCB ?

A couple of weeks/months ago other statements were made.
Guru said he eats cave boards for breakfast and that the dump will
appear in 2008. Again, i am not talking about emulation. Just a complete dump of the board. Moreover, Guru is peddling on his forums
for people to send him more CAVE pcbs (3rd gen). If he can not even
dump ketsui as Belmont claims why this eagerness ?

Also: Other statements about cave games such as "we will wait till
they go under" and vague obscure references to legal threats without
any more information do not inspire confidence.

Something smells fishy here.
Rob

Re: ketsui dump

Post by Rob »

You guys got scammed.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

Kubilak wrote: A couple of weeks/months ago other statements were made.
Guru said he eats cave boards for breakfast and that the dump will
appear in 2008. Again, i am not talking about emulation. Just a complete dump of the board. Moreover, Guru is peddling on his forums
indeed - A reply from guru would have been nice, considering we've essentially loaned him a PCB of a high value for him to potentially dismantle, I think it would at least been worthy of a response.

If he says the dumps happening in 2008, I guess it might, I have the patience to be honest - it seems his house must be BUILT from PCB's
landshark

Post by landshark »

iatneH wrote:Have fun waiting.

Here's a little Ketsui simulator to keep you occupied for the next 10 years.

Image Image Image

Don't spoil it and try not to use continues.
This is one of the best posts I've ever read on this forum.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Hibou

Post by Hibou »

Kubilak wrote:Guru said he eats cave boards for breakfast and that the dump will
ROM dumping and MCU dumping/simulation are not the same thing, that's all...

An MCU is not a ROM chip, it's basically a processor which has a built-in dedicated program. Of course, this program is stored in some internal EPROM or flash or whatever, but it's very easy to choose a fabrication process which ensure this memory can't be accessed from outside. For protection dedicated MCUs, this is precisely the general idea: encrypting or decrypting processors which don't need to get their executable code from a separate storage chip which could be read.

So somehow a protection MCU is a kind of "black box", which does... something. The best bet is usually to trojan it, in order to guess what the whole device does, and then simulate this behavior.

- There's no reason to think Guru can't dump the ROMs (as long as ROMs means ROMs).
- There's little reason to hope someone will spend months trying to simulate this MCU soon.
- There's much reason to think Cave would react to a proper simulation or this chip: it could be a big concern for them to see a protection device they perhaps still use on recent boards defeated.
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

I understand it was a big thing with Progear too, what I mainly meant was is it known if Cave tried to stop that too?
bcass

Post by bcass »

I thought it had long been established that Cave never tried to stop anything? It was Arika that asked for it not to be emulated (because they were in the process of porting it). This incident must be going back a couple of years now when it was being considered for a PS2 release.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Macaw wrote:
Yet you don't say *anything*, not a word, about the Bollyline saga and Klax ^_~

I demand my Anzac bikkies back ^_~

Rando! ^_~
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

If only I could save living people to my Favorites folder, I'd so save you. :D
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
cools

Post by cools »

What happens if the dumping procedure destroys the board? :)
bcass

Post by bcass »

It doesn't matter. The board wasn't bought to be played on or to make a profit from. It was bought so it could be dumped.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

I believe it won't matter too much as long as the dumping procedure is successful.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Macaw you are awesome at imitating PC Engine Fan X ^_~

and lol @ ianeth's ketsui simulation
Rob

Post by Rob »

EOJ got the authentic PCEFX tone down.

But PCEFX is not to be mocked.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

actually yeah, EOJ's post is a no miss no bomb as far as imitating PC Engine Fan X goes.

Wait, he might have bombed once : he didn't sign the end with his name followed by ^_~
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

landshark wrote:
iatneH wrote:Have fun waiting.

Here's a little Ketsui simulator to keep you occupied for the next 10 years.

Don't spoil it and try not to use continues.
This is one of the best posts I've ever read on this forum.
You forgot this:

overkill55

Post by overkill55 »

EOJ wrote:
Macaw impersonating PC Engine Fan X! wrote:

Considering the name of this site is "shmups.com", maybe that's a clue as to why people here pooled money together to buy an authentic Ketsui PCB in the hopes of getting its PGM-based software emulated. ^_~

If you want this Korean-produced beat-em-up emulated, why not get some beat-em-up fans together to do a similar thing? ^_~

I recall a convention back in 1993 when I saw a rare Midway produced PCB. Must have been great to own one of those rarely produced authentic Midway PCBs! One would have to "bite the bullet" and "pay through the nose" to procure such a desired item. ^_~
I love this response
People I have dealt with successfully: bleem (x2), spazicon, sven666, sparky, iatneH, Dragon1952, kozo, Ghegs
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

EOJ wrote:This thread is full of love.
Wowwza didnt expect that!11!!!1
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
indstr

Post by indstr »

moozooh wrote:
If only I could save living people to my Favorites folder, I'd so save you. :D
wow, that was the most endearing thing i've ever heard on an internet forum
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

EOJ and iatneH are winners in this thread :D