Deinterlaced Mushi PS2 (and Ibara)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Does not work with Samurai Aces.
rolins

Post by rolins »

Could someone please re-upload the patches for Ibara and Mushi?
antron

Post by antron »

rolins wrote:Could someone please re-upload the patches for Ibara and Mushi?
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=14c3 ... 2594edcc9c
rolins

Post by rolins »

antron wrote:
Thanks antron :)

Wow, Ibara looks superb with the patch. A definite improvement, the picture is very clear and sharp.

Mushi...well, to be honest I don't notice anything different. Still looks the same to me except the bullets seem less blurry now.
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

EOJ wrote:
GaijinPunch wrote:Now you just need to figure out how to turn off the filtering and those ports would be manageable.
Yeah. Mushi would be playable for me then, but not Ibara. The total lack of slowdown in that one kills the game completely.
There is slowdown in Ibara, once you get your rank high enough.
Schrodinger's cat wrote:Yeah, "shmup" really sounds like a term a Jewish grandmother would insult you with.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

I wasn't talking about Arrange mode.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Thanks for bumping this thread. Will patch Mushihimesama tonight. No patching needed for ESPGALUDA or DDP-DOJ? No improvement I mean?

Emph
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

No patching needed for ESPGALUDA or DDP-DOJ? No improvement I mean?
They already run in native 240p when set to TATE.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Thunderforce 6 can be added to the list. I posted some pics over in the TF6 thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 145#418145
elvis

Post by elvis »

antron wrote:
Thank you.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i have the ones for hokuto no ken and shikigami no shiro 2 if anybody needs them

with the patch applied HNK in my new astro is jaw dropping :)
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

jonny5: Shikigami No Shiro 2, does that work for the US version as well? Anyone have the Raiden III patch?

Emph
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

You guys could download Hex Workshop for Windows (free of charge, shareware). It doesn't get any easier. Just search for the two strings on page 1 of this thread and change them. There's really no need for download'able patches...
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

I just want to confirm if anyone ever got this working with the US Castle Shikigami 2. I've had no luck which is disappointing since I do not want to get SNS2 just to have it look better.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
antron

Post by antron »

Limbrooke wrote:I just want to confirm if anyone ever got this working with the US Castle Shikigami 2. I've had no luck which is disappointing since I do not want to get SNS2 just to have it look better.
the bullets look more defined, the background looks the same, or worse

can't remember about the characters.

same with Raiden III
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

antron wrote:the bullets look more defined, the background looks the same, or worse

can't remember about the characters.

same with Raiden III
So it does work? I tried making an image of my CS2 in MagicISO, applied the SNS2 patch, no boot. Made another image in MISO edited the hex values, recorded with A120 as DVDRAW mode and no boot either although a little better result. If the bullets are more defined that is a good thing for CS2.
antron

Post by antron »

I'm sorry. I meant the Japan Shikigami. The US reportedly does not work. I was only letting you know all you were missing. Earlier in this thread several people questioned the value of applying this hack to a game that was 480p in the arcade. But I think you are right. Non-interlaced bullets makes a better game (if you are close to the screen).
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

antron wrote:I'm sorry. I meant the Japan Shikigami. The US reportedly does not work. I was only letting you know all you were missing. Earlier in this thread several people questioned the value of applying this hack to a game that was 480p in the arcade. But I think you are right. Non-interlaced bullets makes a better game (if you are close to the screen).
It's ok, but still lousy that CS2 is doesn't work with this enhancement, thanks though. CS2 though, given the tension mechanic of getting extremely close to bullets or enemies to raise the coin multiplier, is a game that helps if you can clearly see the bullets. Not that I ever had a problem in the past but contrast/sharpness of the bullets in this case are extra helpful.
John845

Post by John845 »

antron wrote:
Sorry but could someone explain to me how to use this. I'm trying to patch Mushi and in that download there is numerous files. I'm assuming I only use mushi deinterlacer.ppf but how do I apply it to the iso?
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

John845 wrote:
antron wrote:
Sorry but could someone explain to me how to use this. I'm trying to patch Mushi and in that download there is numerous files. I'm assuming I only use mushi deinterlacer.ppf but how do I apply it to the iso?
Did you get PPF-O-Matic, the patching program? If you didn't then you'll need it. Here's a link: http://halo2.filefront.com/file/PPFOMat ... x#Download
John845

Post by John845 »

I got the ppf-omatic program now, thanks.

So just select the iso and the mushi ppf, seems reasonably easy to do.
Zweihander

Post by Zweihander »

EOJ wrote:I wasn't talking about Arrange mode.
Neither was I.
Schrodinger's cat wrote:Yeah, "shmup" really sounds like a term a Jewish grandmother would insult you with.
John845

Post by John845 »

I'm having some issue with burning Ibara. Not sure if its my iso or if this patch screwed it up. But I've tried two different iso downloads for Ibara and applied the patch to both. On both of the burned discs (with magic iso) it takes like 10 minutes for the game to boot up and then when its loaded the actual gameplay is plagued with graphical errors and glitches, its horrible. I haven't tried burning the game without the deinterlacing patch so I guess I'll try that next.

Edit: Maybe its the burning software I'm using? I haven't had any issues with other games before, should I try nero perhaps?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Zero problems when using Nero over here. I recently burned TF6 with the 240p patch (and did so with Mushihimesama and Ibara before).
John845

Post by John845 »

Yea it worked with Nero but sometimes on the "Warning" message before a boss the image that its supposed to show gets glitched with the word "Credits" along with some other graphical errors for like a couple seconds. But gameplay wise its running fine. Not liking Ibara very much though. :?
xenepp

Post by xenepp »

Just had to bump this thread and give thanks to those that came up with the patch, Ibara looks much, much better now and doesn't hurt my eyes so much when playing :)

If there was a way to remove that filter now I might die a happy man ;)

-Joel
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

The patch works with the SNK Collection Vol. 1 and Metal Slug Complete. While the MS Collection looks ace with the patch applied (besides part 6 which looks terrible either way), it's a mixed bag on the SNK Collection due to the bad scaling done to the games beforehand....
antron

Post by antron »

I've been meaning to post that it does not work with Psikyo Shooting Collection 2 (the Sengoku shooters)

I'm planning to test 3, and 1 is already 240p.
Last edited by antron on Tue May 26, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

and 1 is already 240p.
are you sure about it ? I remember the Strikers collection to be running in 480i instead of 240p. The PS1 ports of the two Strikers are running in 240p.
antron

Post by antron »

in TATE it does. after you choose which game you want. i think...