Senko no Ronde 2

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zaarock

Re: Senko no Ronde 2

Post by Zaarock »

Enhasa wrote:I finally listened to the OST and it is fucking incredible! Expected more of the same style as 1, but as always, Yack manages to evolve his sound in unexpected ways. My fav of his is Border Down now though.

I'm really torn on this game, but I'm not sure I can justify buying a JP 360 just for this.
Heh, same situation for me atm. Probably wont have money to buy a JP 360 in a long while. I love the ost, though I agree on the looping complaint. Been listening to the OST while playing VOOT for a while, works pretty well :P
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

Elixir wrote:Bad news guys, DUO has been delayed for another month due to netcode issues. It's now dated for the 20th of May, and to make up for it they're going to include a second drama CD in the Limited Edition version.
Oh, a 2nd drama CD, how nice of them. :?

At least this gives me an extra month to save up some more money.
:lol:
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Whoa another Drama CD how kind coming from G-Rev. Honestly they should give up on Drama Cd's and give the OST with the LE. That will worth much more.
Shuurin

Post by Shuurin »

Elixir wrote:Bad news guys, DUO has been delayed for another month due to netcode issues. It's now dated for the 20th of May, and to make up for it they're going to include a second drama CD in the Limited Edition version.
Well...it can't be helped. If I need to wait a month more for perfected netcode I'll wait patiently. Though, if this releases on May 20th with anything less than perfection in the netcode :evil: raaaaaage. Give us back Lili as a pilot while you are at it Grev, you guys got an extra month shouldn't be too hard. :lol: Storyline reasons? Meh...story means nothing in player to player versus.
ShinobiFist

Post by ShinobiFist »

Atlus needs to bring this title to the West ASAP :) If not, time to get a NTSC-J 360.
The less you know, the more you understand.
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

ShinobiFist wrote:Atlus needs to bring this title to the West ASAP :) If not, time to get a NTSC-J 360.
Wartech 2 :P
Exarion

Post by Exarion »

EPS21 wrote:
ShinobiFist wrote:Atlus needs to bring this title to the West ASAP :) If not, time to get a NTSC-J 360.
Wartech 2 :P
Atlus knows better than that.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

There have been no official delay announcements, I checked with NCSX as well, they contacted the distributor, they said no delay has been announced, so why did someone say this was delayed until May?
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:There have been no official delay announcements, I checked with NCSX as well, they contacted the distributor, they said no delay has been announced, so why did someone say this was delayed until May?
The release date is stated as "2010/5/20" on G.rev's Senko no Ronde DUO site.

http://www.grev.co.jp/ronde2/index.html

Details on the delay are explained here (entry for 2010/4/6) : http://www.grev.co.jp/ronde2/topics.html
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

I see that this is being released this week. I've never tried the series but I'm curious for sure.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

brentsg wrote:I see that this is being released this week. I've never tried the series but I'm curious for sure.
Go get the first game then. It's stupid cheap now (average on EBay for a complete US copy is around $12).
Davey

Post by Davey »

Kiken wrote:
brentsg wrote:I see that this is being released this week. I've never tried the series but I'm curious for sure.
Go get the first game then. It's stupid cheap now (average on EBay for a complete US copy is around $12).
Also, it's $2.99 at GameStop. I used a fistful of change from my ashtray to pay for it. 8)

I probably should have done that before pre-ordering Duo, though... I'm not sure I like the mechanics. It'll definitely take some getting used to.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Davey wrote:I'm not sure I like the mechanics. It'll definitely take some getting used to.
Hah, it took me like a month to "transition" to VOOT after expecting it to be like senko. A major difference going back to it is that dashing is much more strict: doing a dash attack is much more risky here than in VOOT, as weird as it felt to me at first.
Burningvigor

Post by Burningvigor »

Im going to assume this only plays on japanese 360's and there isnt a American release?

Also is there a faq some where for this game? Ive never played the first and Im thinking of trying this one out.
dai jou bu

Post by dai jou bu »

G.Rev has two tutorial videos for the game that covers the basics on youtube. They also have video demos of the characters there too.

Since those are up, I'm not really motivated to create a faq for this one.

And so far, there's no announcement of anyone bringing this game over to the United States yet. Arrangements are probably underway due to some special deal G.Rev had with Microsoft for being one of the first Japanese developers to support the system, since I found it funny that the achievements were already in English when I got my hands on the Japanese version of the first game for the 360.

Perhaps Atlus or Arksys might bring it over here. I'm banking more on the latter since they're familiar with fighting games and the culture surrounding Senko's universe.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

The chances of this game getting released outside of Japan are close to zero. The first one bombed hard in the USA, no publisher is going to bother with Duo after they look at those sales figures. Grev has no "special deal" with MS. Mamoru-kun never saw the light of day outside of Japan, remember.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

If a US release is going to happen, we won't be hearing anything about it until a year from now, at the earliest. I doubt anyone besides Aksys would be brave enough to license it, and even the chances of that are 50/50 at best.
Kubrick

Post by Kubrick »

LE now in stock at Play-Asia. The boxart didn't seem that great to me in the pre-release mockups but I'm liking how it's turned out.

Burningvigor

Post by Burningvigor »

dai jou bu wrote:G.Rev has two tutorial videos for the game that covers the basics on youtube. They also have video demos of the characters there too.

Ah thanks a lot. Learned quite a bit from visually watching that. Its a shame theres no english version.

Still would be nice if you could write an faq for more advance info. Or is the game straight forward as watching those videos would be enough to understand the games mechanics?
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

dai jou bu wrote:G.Rev has two tutorial videos for the game that covers the basics on youtube. They also have video demos of the characters there too.

I'd 2nd a FAQ if you could. Especially the menu items, since there is some stuff to weed through. Is anyone else having a hard time finding a ranked game? I am having zero luck after about an hour.
MachineAres 1CC

Kubrick wrote:LE now in stock at Play-Asia. The boxart didn't seem that great to me in the pre-release mockups but I'm liking how it's turned out.

Yeah, I love that LE cover art to death, but too bad its just a waste of like, 30 dollars to get a fucking drama CD and a better cover art. I had to stick with the standard edition.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

hermosaguy wrote:Is anyone else having a hard time finding a ranked game? I am having zero luck after about an hour.
Did you get Duo already or are you referring to the first game?
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Cuilan wrote:
hermosaguy wrote:Is anyone else having a hard time finding a ranked game? I am having zero luck after about an hour.
Did you get Duo already or are you referring to the first game?
Duo. No online love for me for some reason.
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

hermosaguy wrote:Duo. No online love for me for some reason.
I see. Online might be disabled until the game's official release date. Or perhaps you're one of the very few that got it early. Or it could be some sort of horrible bug...
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

It looks like there are leader boards up, but I can't access anything. Meh, I'll keep trying.
Burningvigor

Post by Burningvigor »

Is there an option to make it not wide screen? Theres an invisible boundry anyways.
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Burningvigor wrote:Is there an option to make it not wide screen? Theres an invisible boundry anyways.
In terms of options there are button config, music and sfx, a third menu that lets you modify where the top bar is, and then a color balance screen.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:Yeah, I love that LE cover art to death, but too bad its just a waste of like, 30 dollars to get a fucking drama CD and a better cover art. I had to stick with the standard edition.
Two drama CDs.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
MachineAres 1CC

Elixir wrote:
MachineAres 1CC wrote:Yeah, I love that LE cover art to death, but too bad its just a waste of like, 30 dollars to get a fucking drama CD and a better cover art. I had to stick with the standard edition.
Two drama CDs.
Even worse :(
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

does the LE actual DVD case have the LE cover or is it just the standard edition tucked away in a LE case?