Dezaemon 2 questions and answers and hints and tips

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Rozyrg wrote:Footage of my first (and so far crappy) Deza2 level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklWSm_E_d8

:)
I like how you doctor Frankenstein-ed the boss together... :wink:
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

Rozyrg wrote:Footage of my first (and so far crappy) Deza2 level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklWSm_E_d8

:)
:) Nice effort, man. I'm diggin' those colorful explosions. Keep it up. And be sure to post more vids when it's complete.

This really inspires me to pull out me Dezaemon 2 and fool around with it.
Rozyrg

Post by Rozyrg »

Thanks! :)

I think I'd be lucky to make it through more than one level...haha. I'm used to taking about a month apiece with my BW ones. :shock: I hope to build at least enough for a 2~3 level 'demo', though.

Oh, and if you decide to make anything, POST IT! (Assuming you can, I know I've got it a little easier emulating.) :D
Rozyrg

Post by Rozyrg »

(bump)

Current mystery: Selecting music for the stages in the main editor only gives you a choice of ~25 tracks (the last several of which are blank 'edit' tracks); but poking around in the music editor, I notice there are a LOT more.

I would really like to use some of these rather than the stable of (very 'meh') ones you're given by default. Any DEZA2 expert know how to access them?

(Also, aside from background graphics, level 1 is finished. :D)
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

Rozyrg wrote:Selecting music for the stages in the main editor only gives you a choice of ~25 tracks (the last several of which are blank 'edit' tracks); but poking around in the music editor, I notice there are a LOT more.
And I'm sure you are able to edit the already available tracks. Can't you?
Rozyrg

Post by Rozyrg »

Yep! Might be a good idea to change some stuff around, anyways. Some of the instrument combinations they've selected for some of those are a bit... grating.

Hmmm... I guess it'd be possible to just manually copy each song over; but since each is divided into a number of sections, it might be a bit complicated. :P

Time to fire up the Saturn and experiment again...
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

That sure makes creating your own music a whole lot easier. And I'm willing to bet that I would enjoy that part the most.

I'm working on getting myself a copy of Dezaemon Kids! for my PS1.
qmish

Re: Dezaemon 2 questions and answers and hints and tips

Post by qmish »

1) Looks like Dezaemoners moved here
http://eroimon.nomaki.jp/dezaemon/

2) http://seesaawiki.jp/dezaemon_db/d/The% ... f%20D2SGM3

So they were preparing Save Game Manager Volume 3 but release didnt happen yet?

3) Either i'm lost in navigation on sites above or i cant find japanese tutorials/articles on deza usage there
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

There are a few Dezaemon Plus and Dezaemon Kids! downloadable files to try out at your leisure on one of the links provided. I'm not sure as to how about getting a sample d/l file to work with a PSX memory card though (although one d/l file was 124kb in it's entirety). From what I can recall, if you constructed your own DIY data transfer cable using one of those old-school PC towers with an parallel port, it was possible to upload a user created Dezaemon Plus or Dezaemon Kids! file to play on a real PSX setup back in the day by using a user created Nessie program as well (this was back in 1999-2000). Of course, Interact's Dex Drive for the PSX was another alternative method to save & archive your precious PSX game saves to a PC as well.

For my own saving purposes, I just use a Mad Catz Playstation 32X memory card (32mb size) for my Dezaemon Plus user created game saves -- it's quite solid/stable and doesn't suffer from lost or corrupted PSX game saves with 32 separate memory folders to choose from -- (it's akin to have 32 PSX 1mb sized memory cards in just one slot).

https://www.amazon.com/Playstation-32x- ... op?ie=UTF8

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:There are a few Dezaemon Plus and Dezaemon Kids! downloadable files to try out at your leisure on one of the links provided. I'm not sure as to how about getting a sample d/l file to work with a PSX memory card though (although one d/l file was 124kb in it's entirety). From what I can recall, if you constructed your own DIY data transfer cable using one of those old-school PC towers with an parallel port, it was possible to upload a user created Dezaemon Plus or Dezaemon Kids! file to play on a real PSX setup back in the day by using a user created Nessie program as well (this was back in 1999-2000). Of course, Interact's Dex Drive for the PSX was another alternative method to save & archive your precious PSX game saves to a PC as well.
PC-Link Memory Remix USB Memory Link Adapter for Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98 was also a good USB option available in 2002 from Japan.

Also, I need to play more Dezaemon Kids.
Goompaolo9500

Re:

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:
J-Manic wrote:I've tried a few times to create a shmup with my Dezaemon 2 (Saturn). It's pretty difficult if you don't know any Japanese.

I hear Dezaemon Kids for the PS1 is a lot easier to mess with. I'd like to grab a copy of that.
Plus the fact that Dezaemon Kids is a 2-disc set and on the 2nd disc, are 100 different user created shmup games (made with the Dezaemon Plus creation engine, of course) to try out... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Between Dezeamon Plus and Dezaemon Kids(Disc 1), you will need more than 1 memory card if you want to save your game data. Why?

Both Dezaemon Kids and Dezaemon Plus require an empty memory card(15 bolcks free of storage). You cannot save the game data in Dezaemon Kids/Dezaemon Plus if you saved game data in other playstation games like Crash Bandicoot or Metal Gear Solid. In the case of ePSXe, I recommend 3 *.mcr files under the folder "memcards".

Example:
dezaemon01.mcr >>> For Dezaemon Plus
dezaemon02.mcr >>> For Dezaemon Kids
playstation.mcr >>> For any Playstation Game
Remember, playing a sample shmup may bring up a warning that playing it will copy sample data to the current user data. It is recommended to have a backup using a blank memory card. You can insert it on your PS1 and make sure you did not insert and CD of Dezaemon because if so, you will see the Playstation Logo.

Anyways, good luck trying to find a PS1 Memory Card. There is already PS4 right now.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

qmish wrote:1) Looks like Dezaemoners moved here
http://eroimon.nomaki.jp/dezaemon/

2) http://seesaawiki.jp/dezaemon_db/d/The% ... f%20D2SGM3

So they were preparing Save Game Manager Volume 3 but release didnt happen yet?

3) Either i'm lost in navigation on sites above or i cant find japanese tutorials/articles on deza usage there
What a 9-year bump.

Also, about Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Vol. 3:

Man. Sega Saturn is still living for Dezaemon 2. I am preety sure IGK has a playlist for Dezaemon 2.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB13D71A3E4AECB7A

Note that IGK's Youtube Channel is amagishien.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.