I must hang my head in shame...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Kiken

I must hang my head in shame...

Post by Kiken »

As I stated in another thread, I've been working on a No Miss run of the first loop in Gradius Gaiden with the Jade Knight.

Well, I thought for sure that I had it this time..
"However, fate, it seems... is not without a sense of WTS!"

I'm sure you will all get a good laugh from this. All I felt at the time was shock... the sheer level of bullshitery left me speachless.

Please enjoy my ineptitude:

I don't believe it!

Grah!
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

No you musn't Kiken! You've still got more gameplay skillz then any other shmupper I've met on this site!

Why don't you put up some Chaos Field Superplays; as of the old forum you seemed to be doing pretty well on that shmup.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
landshark

Post by landshark »

I haven't watched your replay yet - only downloaded it.

But before I watch it I'll tell you that my almost-1-lifer was foiled by the triangle-boss during the boss rush. That thing always gives me problems.

I've only finished Gaiden twice. On the last attempt I died once ... on that thing boss that has 3 parts connected by electricity. I hate that freaking boss.

When you do get your 1 lifer, please avi it - I love your videos.
Last edited by landshark on Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

Ahhh, take it easy on yourself. I've done it only once out of 26 one-credit-clears. That was with the Viper too, which makes it easier to traverse through the levels with its excellent double. I nearly did it once in the second loop but lost on the the next-to-last boss of the rush. I nearly cried then.

I'm sure you'll do it.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
landshark

Post by landshark »

Ouch... ouch.

And this is why I need to get a free standing heavy bag for my main floor. This would have cost me a controller. Quite possibly a foot rest. Maybe my psx.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

*hands Kiken a chilled Red Bull can*

Have faith, man. And no regrets.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
TVG

Post by TVG »

i actually smiled, but expected worse, like banging yourself on the exploding last boss, someting funny like that.
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

I smiled too, but only because I've died in almost the exact same way far too many times in Gradius/Paro games recently.. :x
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

The vagrant wrote:i actually smiled, but expected worse, like banging yourself on the exploding last boss, someting funny like that.
:lol: Would you believe me if I told you I've done that?

It was during my early Gaiden 1CCs, so I was really nervous.
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

It was a "heh" moment. Very cool seeing how you play the game Kiken, we have occasionaly very different methods to tackling the bosses. 'Course, I use Vic Viper and Double like UFO, but still.

Closest I ever got to one-life clear was when I played perfectly up until the moving walls section in Stage 9 and stupidly forgot to move into safety before the last walls closed down, never to open again...:evil:
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Owned by the drone.

I feel your pain, man. :cry:
zakk

Post by zakk »

Marathon weekend of attempts to get my first 1CC of Ikaruga, this is how one run ended. (Note the timer)

http://www.rsdio.com/zakk/ika-argh.jpg
Leeram

Post by Leeram »

I did exactly the same with Ikaruga. 9 months of total concentration during the gaming time I had. I played nothing else. I got to the last boss with two men. I died straight away on the boss, for some stupid reason I just didn't move! And then I died with 8 seconds left!

I screamed and have only played it once since, and that was to show someone else it. I'm just all Ikaruga'd out.

I moved onto Gradius V and was getting through it slowly but then one day I had a "quick" game of Viewtifull Joe... and then as I got half way through that I bought my Space Ace cabinet... and I've barely played a video game since because it's so damned big I can't sit in front of my TV anymore.

I'll probably go backwards when I get the space back, Joe, Gradius V, maybe Ikky again but more likely Armed Police Batrider

Cheers

Leeram
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

You're grounded.

My latest focus is trying to get to the second area in Radiant on one life. Not easy with all them constant bosses I tells ya.