Arcanacra

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

You guys are histirical.

BTW, whenever I use the arrow keys, the page scrolls. I tried the X2 window but the shot button don't work :(
Well, it doesn't work in regular mode, either =(
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Vokatse wrote:That's a pretty fun game, but is there anyway to play it with a joystick or controller?
Set keybindings to your controller, I use gamepad companion on OS X
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

I use JoyToKeywith my old Sidewinder gamepad. It makes the game much better than using the keyboard.

If you like the music in this game you will love Front 242.
SWY: Games are just for fun
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Seems like the lock-on gun is pretty useless.
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

obstacle pierce
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

shoe-sama wrote:obstacle pierce
Okay, I will keep practicing until I can get to level 6.
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

Is your lock shot useless like unless you keep the box on the enemy it won't keep firing?

I was using JoyToKey to play the game as well, and whenever I pushed a direction it would let go of the shift key for some reason making it seem like the lock shot was completely useless.

You should be able to get up to 8 lock on an enemy and as long as you hold down the lock shot it should keep firing (test it on the first boss or something). There's a lot of extra points to be had for using the lock shot on the bosses.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

MrMonkeyMan wrote:Is your lock shot useless like unless you keep the box on the enemy it won't keep firing?

I was using JoyToKey to play the game as well, and whenever I pushed a direction it would let go of the shift key for some reason making it seem like the lock shot was completely useless.

You should be able to get up to 8 lock on an enemy and as long as you hold down the lock shot it should keep firing (test it on the first boss or something). There's a lot of extra points to be had for using the lock shot on the bosses.
Yeah, that's probably it. I have to tweak JoyToKey or something.
TrevHead (TVR)

Re: Arcanacra

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

I know this is a necro but i want to keep all the info in the same spot

anyway im playing the black label version and was wondering what the secret bonus is? its part of the end of level score tally. The reason im asking is because i want to write about the game in my little blog that i have.

On another note im running the flash game in mozilla since IE doesnt like it. Unfortunatly it freezes up on me everytime i get a highscore and it asks for my name and comment. The highscore doesnt get sent to the leaderboard plus i lose my replay of that run aswell. Which was a bit annoying after finally getting to stage 2 in the hard mode and getting into the top 20 grrr.

Is there any other browers that arcanacra black label works on without any bugs on the leaderboard? Since the main reason of playing a flash shmup even one as good as this is the online leaderboards.
of which usually have mrmonkeyman at the top, like on this game, watching his replays in the hard mode and all i can say is THAT HE IS A FRICKING MACHINE! :mrgreen:

edit: if you decline to send your highscore to the leaderboard atleast u get to keep your highscore locally with the replays