General youtube shmup thread.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
LoudBlast54

Re: General youtube shmup thread.

Post by LoudBlast54 »

Hi,
Hooray! Manufacture43 just launched their project, Pawarumi : a Neo-Aztec Arcade Shoot'em up game.
you can support it here :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pa ... em-up-game

Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiqebqlrTNI

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Plasmo wrote:
Blinge wrote:Yo.. here it is.

my Battle Garegga ALL with Golden Bat
https://youtu.be/28g3T7b_ma0

Or theres my Road to Garegga
That road to Garegga is a thing of beauty. Gotte make it more popular!
<3 Cheers!
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Dogyyun 1cc replay: https://youtu.be/CTdqovhjsAw

Kinda of a sloppy run, but I'm planning on improving it anyways.
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hello once again, everyone!

Just wanted to drop by to post the video of my 1st ALL! Clear of Blue Wish Resurrection Hell Mode with Blue Wish over here! :)

Blue Wish Resurrection Hell Mode ALL! Clear - Blue Wish

With Blue Wish Resurrection Hell Mode finally down, that makes it 3 of x.x's games I got the ALL! Clear in their hardest respective difficulty! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Well... technically the hardest difficulty in BWR+ is Hell Accel, but Accel is honestly a bit ridiculous!

Oh wait, it's a vanilla clear, derp. Great clear! =D

That TLB's last couple of attacks are so brutal, even compared to the rest of the game. How many attempts did this take you?
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Well... technically the hardest difficulty in BWR+ is Hell Accel, but Accel is honestly a bit ridiculous!

Oh wait, it's a vanilla clear, derp. Great clear! =D

That TLB's last couple of attacks are so brutal, even compared to the rest of the game. How many attempts did this take you?
Hmm, BWR+ Hell Accel... I might have to check that one out sometime, since you mentioned that one. I imagine that could be a lot of fun to try, actually! :)

Also, haha, thanks BareKnuckleRoo! :)

Yeah, the TLB's last couple attacks are quite tough alright. Those last 2 attacks sure eat up a lot of my resources, haha (I found that Prales' technique for the 2nd to last attack helps eases things up a bit, though sometimes, that attack can be just plain nasty anyway (The 2nd to last attack is probably random, from what I've heard), and, to a certain extent, I sort of know the last phase to where it might not eat up 2 lives). :P

In terms of full runs actually reaching the TLB, it took me 3 times (I saved replays of those 3 runs, too), until I finally got the Hell Mode ALL! Clear the 4th time. However, it doesn't take into account that, I had lots of runs (No idea how many exactly, probably a few dozen, I think :lol:) where, it's either because I messed up too much in either stage 2, 3, or 4 (Or sometimes, a combination of 2 of these 3 stages) or I got hit by something silly in stage 1 (In this particular case, I always restart), I end up restarting, since it would have put me in a situation, where I'd reach the TLB with not enough resources to be able to get through him.

The reason for that is, based on my practice sessions with the TLB (I can often NMNB the TLB's 1st phase, but after that, not so hot on the rest, as it often happens), I would like to reach the TLB with at least 4 spare lives, with the chance of reaching the TLB with 5 spare lives, should I get a monster run that does good or great, survival-wise, on everything before the TLB. 3 spare lives is okay, if it had to come down to that. I could handle the TLB with 3 spare lives (My 1st Hell Mode ALL! Clear had that scenario, with some bombs to go with as well), but it would be a tough fight, where victory isn't guaranteed. Basically, I relied on doing well, survival-wise, with all of the game in-general before the TLB so I can muscle through it (I practiced the stages lot, where I NMNB'd in everything (Except for the stage 5 boss, where the best I got was a NM1B, though I practiced him enough that I could get a NMNB on him, it would just take quite a while before that actually happens) that isn't called the TLB at least once or more).

So, yeah, while I practiced a lot, when it came time to finally doing full runs, very often, as I mentioned earlier, I'd get runs, where it's either stage 2, 3, or 4 that messes up quite badly to where I would have to restart, or I get hit by something in stage 1, so yeah, you can say it took a lot of attempts, haha. :P This is also considering I started doing full runs a few days ago (I started at Sunday night). I think it also helped, that I worked on both Eden's Edge Doom Mode and Eden's Aegis Hell Mode (Wait off) before I went into Blue Wish Resurrection Hell Mode.
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Kino

Post by Kino »

Last edited by Kino on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Dogyuun JP ver. 1-ALL: https://youtu.be/IGgpE_UpmiU
hdd60311

Post by hdd60311 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXus8svt7ds&t=1s
futari ver.1.5 ultra Normal Palm 1cc by RSQ
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Thanks for the video Kino! Great job! The Saturn Cotton games look really interesting, but I've never had much luck emulating them.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

hdd60311 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXus8svt7ds&t=1s
futari ver.1.5 ultra Normal Palm 1cc by RSQ
Beautiful. This is something I've been working on (long, long way off still), but I wonder if it's easier or more difficult than a Reco Abnormal clear? She's stronger, but also harder to control.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

^ Considering this is the first ever ultra 1cc for the normal palm shottype ( in the game's 11 year history), I'm gonna say its defintely more difficult.
Kino

Post by Kino »

Last edited by Kino on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

maximo310 wrote:^ Considering this is the first ever ultra 1cc for the normal palm shottype ( in the game's 11 year history), I'm gonna say its defintely more difficult.
way harder than the 1.01 clear too
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

That Larsa fight is way too long.

Also pretty sure it would have been done sooner for both this and Abnormal Reco if the types were tracked instead of it just being Palm/Reco regardless of which of the 2 shots you picked.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I can't get over how mind-blowingly awesome the run is. Amazing slowdown management during boss fights. Palm Abnormal doesn't require any of that since his laser produces way more slowdown than Palm Normal, whereas Palm Normal's rapid shot triggers slowdown a lot more easily than Palm Normal's laser. And then of course Palm Normal is the weakest character in the game, though his rapid shot has a great deal more spread when powered up than his Abnormal version and is generally quite useful in stages (and the relatively fast movespeed when lasering can be handy). He's pretty bad at bosses due to low damage, but effective in the stages themselves since his rapid shot does nearly the same damage as the laser, making it easy to score since you just use whatever shot is on the counter without having to worry about killspeed.

Crazy seeing some of Larsa's patterns looped without him taking any deaths. It's insane, and they cleared it without even reaching Larsa with a full life stock.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:Amazing slowdown management during boss fights. Palm Abnormal doesn't require any of that since his laser produces way more slowdown than Palm Normal
the laser isn't really all that different in terms of slowdown, abnormal palm can just bomb the shit out of the larsa opener and there is less slowdown than with normal palm using shot
normal palm can't afford to use that many bombs so he has to use shot to slow it down
BareKnuckleRoo wrote:making it easy to score since you just use whatever shot is on the counter without having to worry about killspeed
npalm is garbage for scoring, stage 2 is basically impossible to score well on because of the icicles being nearly impossible
you don't have to worry about the counter on ultra almost at all because it affects only the gems you get from killing enemies, the bullet cancel gems are small regardless of the shot you use (and the vast majority of gems comes from cancels, not the kills)
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Bananamatic wrote:the laser isn't really all that different in terms of slowdown
Palm Normal's laser definitely doesn't trigger slowdown as easily as Palm Abnormal's - it's definitely noticeably different on Original and Maniac modes, though obviously Ultra's so dense that slowdown triggers very easily either way.
you don't have to worry about the counter on ultra almost at all
True, again the counter advantage is more of a benefit on Original or Maniac. Palm Abnormal is definitely better at scoring, I mean he's stronger has less of a counter drop during boss fights too, much more consistent to play as, etc.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:True, again the counter advantage is more of a benefit on Original or Maniac
there is no counter shot switching on maniac though there shouldn't be any massive disadvantages for npalm on that mode

he might be better for original than abpalm as the shot power is just overkill for that mode, larsa has way less HP (she gets a 60% hp boost on ultra compared to original for no reason) and the laser has very poor protection at point blank against enemies ramming you

he's just total ass for ultra though, there's no defending him
just the amount of extra effort and luck he needs in order to pass only stage 2 with no deaths while using up all your bombs is hilarious and you straight up lose 600m points there no matter what you do
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Have there been Ultra mode clears with Normal and Abnormal Reco?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

yes
I think normal reco was actually cleared before abpalm, it's somewhat harder but not ultra hard
abreco is just awkward as hell with the movement speed but she has enough damage to do it somewhat reasonably

larsa is basically a damage race and normal palm has no damage
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Shepardus wrote:Have there been Ultra mode clears with Normal and Abnormal Reco?
Here's a Reco Abnormal clear by the same guy who just did the Palm Normal clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfIVjYSNS_c
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Battle Lane! Vol. 5 1CC: https://youtu.be/1e8PfrQcYog

I cleared this game once or twice when I was 14 years old, game is hard!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Feedbacker

Post by Feedbacker »

Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Twitch highlight rather than YouTube video, but close enough. Here's 2 hours and 39 minutes of the 1P version of Same! Same! Same!, ending in the last stage of the third loop with a score of over 13 million: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135484263
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube