General youtube shmup thread.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PurpleTheGuy

Re: General youtube shmup thread.

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

BIL wrote:Those Psikyo loops don't come easy, congrats!
Thank you, BIL! :D

Haha, you're telling me, man! I gotta tell you, before I got my 1st ever 2-ALL of Strikers 1945 II, there were many full runs I did that failed before I got the one run that finally succeeds, needless to say. Like, I'd No Miss the 1st 4 stages of the 2nd loop only to mess up catastrophically in either stage 2-5, 2-6 and/or 2-7 over a simple mistake that quickly spirals out of control shortly after, or like I'd mess up somewhere early on in the 2nd loop that throws the whole run off more often than not, and then there were even times, where I'd mess up something in the 1st loop in a silly way, and I'd have to restart the whole run over it, since I want to reach the 2nd loop with all my spare lives intact with 9 bombs ready to use to be able to have a serious shot at getting the S1945II 2-ALL. It really sucked to have those scenarios happen, and they happened more times than I would have cared to admit. >_<;;

Yeah, if I had to say so myself, this was a bit of a tough one to get, and it took me a bit longer than I would have expected to finally 2-ALL S1945II (Almost 6 months. I started playing it back at Jul. 3rd/4th of this year & I played it everyday until Dec. 28th, when I finally 2-ALL'd it. I was kinda expecting to 2-ALL it within a 4 month timeframe, but other stuff on my end held me up a bit & threw that timeframe out the door), but in the end, I still managed to pull it off, and before the end of this year, to boot! :)

Previously, before I finally 2-ALL'd it on what is now a couple days ago, because I had other stuff going on in my end later on in the year that ate up a lot of my time I could have used to play full runs of S1945II, I didn't think I'd 2-ALL it before the end of this year & just prepared for the possibility of me continuing to try to 2-ALL S1945II past Dec. 31st, but now, I don't have to worry about that anymore.

All-in-all, Strikers 1945 II was a fun game to play, don't me wrong, and getting the 2-ALL out of it was a good challenge, but yeah, I'm quite happy that I'm finally done playing this game, I have to say. It's quite the relief, haha! :)
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
Mills

Post by Mills »

2nd loop Psikyo games are enough to drive anyone psychotic because the recovery of losing lives is not really an option to clear the game.
Ddshot

Post by Ddshot »

Any one doin super play live streams of doj?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Cartoon Dog Lady has been streaming R-Type Dimensions for the last 4 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xuSCEjD5Q
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
Mero

Post by Mero »

Sisters Royale, 3.4 Billion clear with Lale on Normal.

https://youtu.be/uxcRe-mivHA
Mills

Post by Mills »

Last edited by Mills on Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Some Japanese player streamed a Crisis Wing run that is most likely the current WR.

https://youtu.be/GF7xrL_8pyk
Mills

Post by Mills »

pieslice wrote:Some Japanese player streamed a Crisis Wing run that is most likely the current WR.

https://youtu.be/GF7xrL_8pyk
Good watch.

The stage at 51:00 onwards reminds me of Tatsujin Oh aka Truxton 2 (stage 2 I think). The red backdrop and soundtrack.

The uploader has some decent runs on his channel
MathU

Post by MathU »

I know this is a Youtube thread and all but after years of careful analysis of video hosting alternatives (and frustration), I've finally decided on a place to migrate my junk to away from Youtube. I decided to inaugurate it with this no-autofire clear of both loops of Image Fight. Check it out here! Bonus: how to recover from nearly every checkpoint on the second loop without autofire. If anyone has a clue how to recover on the middle checkpoint in stage 5, I'd love to hear it! Here's hoping these demonstrations encourage more people to experience this wonderful game without autofire abuse.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
BIL

Post by BIL »

U are frickin hardcore MathU Image
SPM

Post by SPM »

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but... when recording gameplay (for youtube or whatever), does anyone know why I don't get the full "flickering" of the shots/bullets? (sometimes it even "freezes" with no flickering at all)

Here's an example:

https://youtu.be/Bel8bownaVc

The blue shots are static at the beginning (but later on the recording "syncs" at a different moment of the pattern and starts flickering a bit, but not the full animation)

I'm using the software OBS and a cheap capture card (that may be the problem... not being able to capture enough fps?)

BIL wrote:U are frickin hardcore MathU Image
You gotta love his laid-back attitude :lol: :P
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

MathU wrote:Here's hoping these demonstrations encourage more people to experience this wonderful game without autofire abuse.
I have a friend who was abusing autofire. It started to affect everything in his life. Work, school, relationships. Probably there was autofire abuse in the home growing up, so he was just repeating a vicious cycle. Once he told me he flushed all his auto circuits down the toilet. But sure enough the next time I came around I could smell fresh solder. Unfortunately no one could help him until he hit his own rock bottom and decided to reach out. Happy to say he's six months mashing and no looking back.
MathU

Post by MathU »

Friends don't let friends abuse vulnerable games with autofire.
SPM wrote:Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but... when recording gameplay (for youtube or whatever), does anyone know why I don't get the full "flickering" of the shots/bullets? (sometimes it even "freezes" with no flickering at all)
This is typically a frame rate issue. Either you're not recording in the frame rate the game itself runs at or you're not meeting Youtube's asinine resolution requirements (currently minimum 1024 pixels wide and 720 pixels tall) to avoid getting your frame rate reduced to 30fps when it transcodes your upload.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
SPM

Post by SPM »

MathU wrote:
SPM wrote:Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but... when recording gameplay (for youtube or whatever), does anyone know why I don't get the full "flickering" of the shots/bullets? (sometimes it even "freezes" with no flickering at all)
This is typically a frame rate issue. Either you're not recording in the frame rate the game itself runs at or you're not meeting Youtube's asinine resolution requirements (currently minimum 1024 pixels wide and 720 pixels tall) to avoid getting your frame rate reduced to 30fps when it transcodes your upload.
It seems to be the first option. Don't know if it's the capture card or the software OBS.

But alas, since I only want to do it to record gameplay longer than 30 sec from my Switch... Like my 1CCs and such... I guess it's "ok-ish"

Here's my clear of Rolling Gunner :D Rolling Gunner - Original 1CC
"There are three possible endings: the good one, the bad one and death" - Locomalito, Super Hydorah
Mills

Post by Mills »

Mills

Post by Mills »

Mills

Post by Mills »

https://youtu.be/SLHh-nVOIz8
He's also good on Striker's 1945
Mills

Post by Mills »

First attempt 2CC immediately after unlocking Very Hard difficulty.
https://youtu.be/Rla4bl_BZLw

2CC not available on Easy, Normal, and Hard.

Otherwise easy enough to 1CC with all the characters.
Mills

Post by Mills »

WC playing Striker's 1945-2

Didn't restrictions would be lifted in arcade centres unless it's Covid secure
https://youtu.be/q4aaBeNg5hc
Mills

Post by Mills »

Mills

Post by Mills »

To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I've been going through my replays and making videos of them, I've got about 20 of them that I'm uploading to youtube. I'm thinking of maybe doing some walkthroughs of these for newer players. Might be a fun project.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Added 18 replays to my 1CC List in the off chance that someone wants to watch some shit clears.
Mills

Post by Mills »

To Far Away Times wrote:Added 18 replays to my 1CC List in the off chance that someone wants to watch some shit clears.
Link to your channel
Mero

Post by Mero »

Mills wrote:
To Far Away Times wrote:Added 18 replays to my 1CC List in the off chance that someone wants to watch some shit clears.
Link to your channel

Check the link in his sig.
Mills

Post by Mills »

What link?

Couldn't you have just copy and pasted here.
DMC

Post by DMC »

Cross-posting my replay of Brave blade for this thread as well. I was happy with the run and added a commentary track for it. Is the game that ugly to people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AQkLy1FEa8
Mero

Post by Mero »

Mills wrote:What link?

Couldn't you have just copy and pasted here.
I mean this link
Mills

Post by Mills »

DMC wrote:Cross-posting my replay of Brave blade for this thread as well. I was happy with the run and added a commentary track for it. Is the game that ugly to people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AQkLy1FEa8
Good watch.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Rastan78 wrote:I have a friend who was abusing autofire. It started to affect everything in his life. Work, school, relationships. Probably there was autofire abuse in the home growing up, so he was just repeating a vicious cycle. Once he told me he flushed all his auto circuits down the toilet. But sure enough the next time I came around I could smell fresh solder. Unfortunately no one could help him until he hit his own rock bottom and decided to reach out. Happy to say he's six months mashing and no looking back.
10/10 quality shitpost <3