Play-asia's getting into the SHMUP business (Soldner-X)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

An interview with the developers:

http://www.pressstartcomic.com/opinions ... 58&au=2600

Interesting:

"Our development team is also not related to those responsible for “Last Hope”. We have however hired the same musician for our background music."
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Necronom wrote:An interview with the developers:

http://www.pressstartcomic.com/opinions ... 58&au=2600

Interesting:

"Our development team is also not related to those responsible for “Last Hope”. We have however hired the same musician for our background music."
at least they understand what LH are piece of crap.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

soniq-man wrote:You may have spotted the big site update, platform vote count, lots of new screens, some GUI info and even sound previews:

www.soldner-x.com
It seems impossible given current development, but you should really consider a wii port. I don't think the 360 or PS3 are going to be welcome platforms for this title; and a lot of people (myself included) choose NOT to play games on their PCs.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
NAVVARR

Post by NAVVARR »

sven666 wrote:oh man this thing has X2 written all over it.. *shudders* :?

What was up with X2- it was one of the first shooters for the PS1 and i really enjoyed it. So much so, I went out and bought the japanese version as well.

The japanese version was slightly easier- although I did manage to comlete the PAL version as well.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

One of my favorite Wiki articles from way back...
antron

Post by antron »

CMoon wrote:I don't think the 360 or PS3 are going to be welcome platforms for this title
why? both have shooters on their download networks.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

antron wrote:
CMoon wrote:I don't think the 360 or PS3 are going to be welcome platforms for this title
and both work on 720p :)
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

I just obtain Gradius Gaiden from Play-Asia... with Soldner-X sticker, like bonus :o
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

P_HAT wrote:I just obtain Gradius Gaiden from Play-Asia... with Soldner-X sticker, like bonus :o
I bought King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation "A" (another new version of MI2 but has MIZOGUCHI from Fighter's History/Karnov's Revenge in it!) and received a Soldner X sticker!

AWESOME! Its like the one I got with Last Hope but smaller.

soniq-man wrote:You may have spotted the big site update, platform vote count, lots of new screens, some GUI info and even sound previews:

www.soldner-x.com

Best,

Rafael
No region protection, correct? It will play on either PS3 (import/U.S)?
Fight Like A Robot!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I got that Soldner X sticker when I received my used Strikers 1945 Saturn and Gradius Deluxe Pack Saturn from P-A.
antron

Post by antron »

I got a Söldner-X sticker with an Action Replay Plus for Saturn. Not really for shmups. Maybe they just correctly assumed?
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Soldner-X I vote PS3 or/and XBOX360.

For X2, goddamit it was never released in the US. Which means I won't be able to play it upscaled 1080p on my US PS3 >_<.

Srsly region locking sucks, so I am gonna have to get the JPN version then. What's the difference between the Japanese version and European version, beside the lowered difficulty? Does the game have a story that requires you to understand the language, in which you are playing the game?
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Lawfer wrote:For X2, goddamit it was never released in the US. Which means I won't be able to play it upscaled 1080p on my US PS3 >_<.

Srsly region locking sucks, so I am gonna have to get the JPN version then. What's the difference between the Japanese version and European version, beside the lowered difficulty? Does the game have a story that requires you to understand the language, in which you are playing the game?
The real question is why would you want X2 in the first place. And it's not like the story would even matter.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Ghegs wrote:The real question is why would you want X2 in the first place. And it's not like the story would even matter.
Same reason why I got myself Gaia Seed lol, I mean it's not like we are assaulted by release of thousand of shmups lol.
soniq-man

Post by soniq-man »

Hello everyone, just an update: There are new screens for Söldner-X to be seen on the game's site. If you're interested, take a look, the graphics are stunning. You can get an idea of the gameplay from the shots. We are quite far in development, I can tell you that some of the later levels are even cooler. Right now I am assembling the sound effect library and putting last touches to the BGMs before I start polishing the sound. It's been a joyride so far, with a very professional team and excellent organisation and backup.

All the best,

Rafael
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

antron wrote:
The key word being download. Is this a 'downloadable' or a title for sale?

I just think passing up on the wii is passing up on the most legitimate market of the three consoles for a home port of a 2D game.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Lawfer wrote:
Ghegs wrote:The real question is why would you want X2 in the first place. And it's not like the story would even matter.
Same reason why I got myself Gaia Seed lol, I mean it's not like we are assaulted by release of thousand of shmups lol.
I could name a hundred shmups better than X2. Ok, it's not like a thousand, but it's true, I REALLY could name 100 better shmups than X2. Maybe even 200 or 500.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

"Furthermore, our intention was not to make a game that only those player's will master that are fastest on the shooting button. Though you will certainly find plenty of action in Söldner-X, you will need a lot of tactical skills and sensitiveness to become really good."

This statement, alone, makes me believe the game will suck and the guys behind it have no idea of what makes a good shmup.

Euro-shmup for sure. Only an european developer could talk about "Tactical skills" in a shmup.

The screenshots looks interesting, I hope I am wrong :)
Kron

Post by Kron »

From the official site:

Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is targeted to be released for PlayStation3™ in Winter 07/08 and PC Q4/2007.

P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Nice.
Now i waiting for demo.
:wink:
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

PC ?

And I'd think it was a Next-Gen release?
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Kron wrote:From the official site:

Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is targeted to be released for PlayStation3™ in Winter 07/08 and PC Q4/2007.

Playstation 3 Winter 07/08.... huh what?

Story:

In the storyline, planet Earth's resistance aims to stop a deadly infection consuming both life forms and technology alike, oddly having to rely on an anti-hero mercenary and bounty hunter to pilot a mighty prototype star fighter. His goal: To fight his way to the virus' origin, save civilisation and earn cash to boot!

Wow, reading that just unhyped me completely...
system11

Post by system11 »

P_HAT wrote:http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s- ... -255r.html

50$ O_O
FOR EUROSHMUP?!
WDF?! :shock:
Because as everyone knows, it costs less to make games in Europe, than it does in Japan. Oh, wait..
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Well, is there noone getting at least a bit interested and excited by the screenshots at least.
I am not really a graphics whore... but this really wets my appetite and does get me excited.

Glad it got on PC as well, as I am in no way getting a PS3 for this. Just checked the system requirements and they seem rather fair too.
After the disappointment of Broken Thunder I am waiting a little longer though before deciding to pre order or not.

And $50 certainly isn´t that much, given prices at which other games retail for. And with the dollar sinking every time, for us Euro´s it should be a sweet deal imo. :)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Super Laydock wrote:And with the dollar sinking every time, for us Euro´s it should be a sweet deal imo. :)
Agreement.
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

That screenshot looks fantastic. I just wanna see it in motion.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

This bit from Play-Asia made me laugh out loud:

"No doubt, there has been a lot of gossip surrounding one big question: What platform will Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer be released for?"
sideshow

Post by sideshow »

It should be released on XBOX LIVE Arcade.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

sideshow wrote:It should be released on XBOX LIVE Arcade.
I think it's exclusive to PS3.