Play-asia's getting into the SHMUP business (Soldner-X)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Zebra Airforce

Post by Zebra Airforce »

YAY!! this game on PS3 is going to be a download, I'm so fucking thrilled with that I could just die.

I knew this whole download crap would start taking over at some point. 1st SSF2T remix now this.
This sucks. Having a cool package is half the fun of buying a new game.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Zebra Airforce wrote:
YAY!! this game on PS3 is going to be a download, I'm so fucking thrilled with that I could just die.

I knew this whole download crap would start taking over at some point. 1st SSF2T remix now this.
Yes, that's why the PC version is tempting. But I definitly prefer to play the game on my PS3.
soniq-man wrote:We have put lots of effort into the story, sequences and soundtrack.

Best,

Rafael
Judging from the little synopsis I read from Play-Asia the story doesn't look so appealing...
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Lawfer wrote:
Zebra Airforce wrote:

Yes, that's why the PC version is tempting. But I definitly prefer to play the game on my PS3.

I actually see it as another reason not having to buy a PS3 and the fact that it´s getting a physical copy for the PC is making this all the better for me.
System requirement seem very reasonable too (I should be able to play it on recommended specs. :)).

BTW: the official website was updated yesterday with some pretty new screenshot from the 2-player co-op mode.
Pretty sweet looking stuff imo.

Btw, @soniq-man, any idea when we´ll be able to hear some previews of the music?
I really loved Last-Hopes soundtrack so I am much looking forward to this if this is comparable to that like you say.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Motorherp

Post by Motorherp »

I dont really see the problem with it being a download. For a start it cuts the price down significantly, but also completey sidesteps any limited availability issues. For example its a real pain in the arse to get your hands on most Cave games right now, especialy for those with only a casual interest in shooters who dont have the connections and knowledge of imports that we do. I imagine one of the reasons more people dont play modern shooters is simply because they're not aware they exist or know how to get them. By placing them on PSN you make them highly visible to everyone, including those who aren't fanatical about these games. On top of this with hard copies you also have to pay through the nose due to price gouging and import costs. By being downloadable the game is easily accessible to everyone for the lifetime of the console and at a cheap price. That's no bad thing in my opinion, especialy not if it gets more people interested in shooters.

:: SHMUP-DEV ::
- what it says on the tin
soniq-man

Post by soniq-man »

Super Laydock wrote: Btw, @soniq-man, any idea when we´ll be able to hear some previews of the music?
I really loved Last-Hopes soundtrack so I am much looking forward to this if this is comparable to that like you say.
I'm glad you liked the LH OST. There is a short clip that is a medley of the title track and some ingame sounds on the Söldner-X page. The sounds there are not final, and definitely pre-master.

Just go to the media section and then select "Music".

Best regards,

Rafael
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

The Play Asia page got an update. There's a track listing now for the soundtrack, a bit more info on the game box contents, and a release date of November 30th. Whether that date holds true is up in the air.
icycalm
Banned User

Post by icycalm »

Motorherp wrote:I dont really see the problem with it being a download. For a start it cuts the price down significantly, but also completey sidesteps any limited availability issues. For example its a real pain in the arse to get your hands on most Cave games right now, especialy for those with only a casual interest in shooters who dont have the connections and knowledge of imports that we do. I imagine one of the reasons more people dont play modern shooters is simply because they're not aware they exist or know how to get them. By placing them on PSN you make them highly visible to everyone, including those who aren't fanatical about these games. On top of this with hard copies you also have to pay through the nose due to price gouging and import costs. By being downloadable the game is easily accessible to everyone for the lifetime of the console and at a cheap price. That's no bad thing in my opinion, especialy not if it gets more people interested in shooters.
I support this post.

At the same time, I love hard copies. I guess there's no reason not to try and make everyone happy when possible.
unsane

Post by unsane »

There's a gameplay video up now...

Edit Nov. 9:

Oops, evidently there's another Soldner-X thread where you discussed this a month ago.
Last edited by unsane on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVG

Post by TVG »

I'll buy it if it goes to Steam, otherwise no.
"In short, it comes down to spirit" - dodonpachi developper Kohyama.
Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

It's difficult to see the enemy's patterns on that video as it keeps switching the action. It does however look as though the patterns are not great. In some of that action they hardly seemed to move. I didn't see much in the way of bullets either.

One thing's for sure - the graphics are rather smart.
MrQuan

Post by MrQuan »

Looks shiney, sounds good too. I'm impressed by the graphics, but then again I'm stuck on 90s shooters... and I think they still look coolio :roll: