Death Smiles: Countdown to North America Invasion

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Op Intensify

Re: Death Smiles: Countdown to North America Invasion

Post by Op Intensify »

Newegg is also shady as hell, and I've heard a few stories of games either never showing up from that place or being damaged.
Nasirosuchus

Post by Nasirosuchus »

Newegg is one of the most reputable places out there.
njiska

Post by njiska »

Nasirosuchus wrote:Newegg is one of the most reputable places out there.
Yeah, Newegg is in fact well known for known for it's quality of customer service and is extremely reputable.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
antron

Post by antron »

njiska wrote:
Nasirosuchus wrote:Newegg is one of the most reputable places out there.
Yeah, Newegg is in fact well known for known for it's quality of customer service and is extremely reputable.

I once bought a PIII processor from them that the site had mislabled. They blamed me. Apparently I was supposed to tell from the code in the part number what the real model was.

It was also recently revealed that installing linux on a Newegg PC breaks the warranty of the hardware.

Fuck Newegg.

Edit:
So instead of bumping this thread over this, I'll respond to the following post here. Newegg eventually caved over the Linux RMA issue, but not until the story made Slashdot which probably caused their inbox to explode:
http://consumerist.com/2012/06/newegg-i ... ng-it.html
Last edited by antron on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_b

Post by mr_b »

I don't think I've ever come across anyone who's ever had a bad experience with Newegg. As someone who works in IT, I've ordered from NewEgg for years and been nothing but 100% satisfied with every purchase and had no issues with RMA processes either.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Xbox 360 Weekly Deals (Through September 26):

Deathsmiles -- $7.50
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain