Progear character select trick

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
greg

Progear character select trick

Post by greg »

I just discovered this today while I was playing Progear this morning.

On the character select screen, hold down the START button and it will give you alternate clothing for the characters. More specifically, they're wearing civilian clothing as opposed to flight suits. Chain KAWAII!

This is similar to how you can select the Street Fighter Zero/Alpha costume for Chun Li by holding down start in X-Men vs Street Fighter. And yes, I tried using the search function to see if anyone else has brought this up before, but it came up with nothing. So if someone's already shared this, please feel free to berate me and provide a link.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Yeah, I love the alternate outfits. Especially Rivet's. Joker Jun is truly a great artist.
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Here
and here
for example.....
Trek trough the Galaxy on silver wings and play football online.
AWJ

Post by AWJ »

I dunno, I think Chain's regular (1P) look is cuter. There's something really appealing about that lil band-aid...
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

I tryed that trick, it's cool. :)
landshark

Post by landshark »

Cool, another reason to boot up progear. I had no idea there were alts.
bcass

Re: Progear character select trick

Post by bcass »

Do these alts have any affect on gameplay?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

bcass wrote:Do these alts have any affect on gameplay?
No, unless you count horny power :oops: :twisted:
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Some-Mist

Post by Some-Mist »

this is unrelated but selecting your gunner with the different buttons does
iirc A, B, and A+B select different gunner formations
a creature... half solid half gas
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

No, unless you count horny power

I've never done this, but I don't think I will. I don't need to see my girl Rivet tarted out in slut-wear
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

Hey look.

Some idiot just necro'd a 17 year-old thread just to ask a stupid question.
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:No, unless you count horny power

I've never done this, but I don't think I will. I don't need to see my girl Rivet tarted out in slut-wear
"your girl" ?

You realise that makes you sound like a kid who has never kissed a girl in real-life, or a 40 year-old pedophile who hangs around school playgrounds.

Grow-up for fuck sake :shock:
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Rivet's 2P outfit's pretty tasteful and I prefer it over the slightly bland military 1P look.

Chain's 1P outfit wins hands down.

I'm not sure I like either of Nail's. 1P at max rank is EAT YOUR PET and 2P at max rank is SWING YOUR PET LIKE CRAZY. She's got top tier animal abuse down. >w>;;

Ring's alright, prefer both of Bolt's looks.

THIS CONCLUDES PROGEAR FASHION REVIEW

WAIT NO, THERE'S STILL THE BOSSES

S1: 7/10 Penguin cosplay look, not enough black, needs top hat, cool stick though.

S2: He likes dinosaur mecha and steampunk conventions. Just look at those glasses! He's got 20/20 vision for sure.

S3: AUGH A VENTRILOQUIST, KILL IT. Seriously, I've watched enough horror movies to know you should immediate toss scary dolls into big, roaring fires.

S4: She's gonna poke someone's eye out with her claws, or her earrings, namely her own.

S5: I guess if you're old enough, as in technically immortal, you can't be bothered about what other people think. Got horrifying medical scars? Just wear a lion costume all the time.

MidnightWolf wrote:Some idiot just necro'd a 17 year-old thread just to ask a stupid question.
You say that as you a) doublepost, and b) ignore the fact that the rules 'round here generally allow for necroing an old thread rather than making a new one if the topic is relevant, so all the info mostly stays in the same thread.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

MidnightWolf, this is your official warning to quit making out-of-nowhere asshole posts or else be banned the next time I see one.
MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf »

BulletMagnet wrote:MidnightWolf, this is your official warning to quit making out-of-nowhere asshole posts or else be banned the next time I see one.
That's nice, keep power tripping online to compensate for your lack of real-life social skills

Now shove your head in the nearest gas oven and make the world a better place for everybody... Nobody will notice you're gone. 8)
jehu

Post by jehu »

MidnightWolf wrote:
BulletMagnet wrote:MidnightWolf, this is your official warning to quit making out-of-nowhere asshole posts or else be banned the next time I see one.
That's nice, keep power tripping online to compensate for your lack of real-life social skills

Now shove your head in the nearest gas oven and make the world a better place for everybody... Nobody will notice you're gone. 8)
"A poor jest, but I will not scratch it out. I wrote it thinking it would sound very witty; but now that I have seen myself that I only wanted to show off in a despicable way, I will not scratch it out on purpose!" :roll: :roll:

He was a sick man. He was a spiteful man. His liver was probably diseased.

Today we elegize our very own Underground Man. We barely knew him, we barely wanted to know him.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

MidnightWolf's posts had me imagining someone who's actually very friendly but has an edgy furry persona they simply must adhere to.